what is the most annoying achievement on the orange box

neosman8

'Aperture Science' could be the hardest, but 'Keep Off the Sand!' is far more the most annoying. I've made through 3 or 4 times pretty sure that I did everything fine, but no achievement. It was really disturbing.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got Aperture Science, worst most annoying achievement i had to get in awhile, hardest and just plain freaking a bitch to get even if you use cheats to get it or so I heard, neighborhood watch to see this video i will make it pathetically easy to get [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwM4CfFsC-M]YouTube - Episode 2 - Strider Battle - Neighborhood Watch[/ame]

and sand traps is easy if you suck at jumping just use save and load, glad I 1000/1000 this after so long since i finally got to chance to borrow it again.

The Little Rocket Man achievement really pissed me off mainly because I got the part with the helicopter chasing me,and every damn time the helicopter would shot the gnome into fucking orbit.I finally got it using the throw and drive method.

The Neighborhood Watch achievement only took me two attempts seeing how you only have to worry about 4-5 Striders blowing up the houses the rest are just decoys.You can tell which ones will shot lazer because they'll be running full force at the house.However I guess this could be a pain in the ass if you suck at aimming.

The Keep Off The Sand achievement seems like it's gonna be a pain in the ass just by reading this thread.

im proud to say that i've got all Half Life 2, Episode 1, and Episode 2 achievements. Neighborhood Watch was hard, but with the guide here, and youtube vids it was not as annoying as i thought it was going to be. the sandtraps one i got on my first try. i just kept saving every single second. and made sure to put objects all around me.

now...hardest i must go with aperture science i've had the game for over a year and i just got basic & rocket science. i need 5 more challenges for Aperture Science!!!! but what i have a hard time with is Least Steps/Time. i suck at those.

i save/load so much and frequently that the xbox freezes on me. hopefully i'll get it by the end of the month. and then i can try for the TF2 achievements im missing.

Imo..

Half Life 2: Lambda Locator, followed by Keep Off the Sand. Keep Off the Sand took me two tries, while Lambda Locator.. I had to run through about three different chapters twice each until I found the one I missed, the obvious one in Chapter 11.

Episode 1: Zombie-Que. My First playthrough.. I got about 9 out of the 15 I needed. And I got The One Free Bullet on my first playthrough.

Episode 2: I'd have to say Little Rocket Man, just for the driving portions. Followed obviously by Neighborhood Watch.

Portal: Aperture Science. Obviously.

Team Fortress 2: With Friends Like These... You basically have to boost it. All the others will come along eventually.

I'd have to say the most annoying achievement out of all of them... Aperture Science.

• 2 weeks later...

I really loved all these achievements. Aperture Science and Little Rocket Man were rough, and Keep off the Sand drove me CRAZY, but overall this game had a fantastic list. I think the (relatively) large number of people who've gotten 100% on this game can attest to that.

1. Grubs

2. Lambda Locator

These ridiculous collect-a-thons are getting really old in games. If developers are going to continue to have these achievements then what you are searching for should serve a legitimate purpose. I thought the audio diaries in BioShock were respectable because they told the story...but having to find the "elemental fruit" in Kameo...or those STUUUUUUUUUUUPID flags in Assassin's Creed is asking way too much. Okay...enough of that...for now...

You know i couldn't agree more.

Even with the new game prototype there are collectibles.

It pisses me off and it can kiss my fkin ass!:uzi::uzi:

But seriously though, aperture science and with friends like these are annoying.

• 2 years later...

It is hard to say which achievement is the most annoying. The collectibles suck to get and 1000 kills in tf2 needs to be boosted. Ive done keep off the sand and didnt get the achievement even tho i didnt touch the sand. I tried neighborhood watch to find out it is really hard(I need to redo it will cheats and a guide). And I am not looking forward to hauling that gnome everywhere but the hardest achievement has gotta be the gold medals on all portal maps.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Did the Portal Challenges within 2 nights with my only trouble on Chamber 17 (I think) with minimum steps. I made it bang on. 2 1/2 hours of slogging for that; but the rest were OK. Thank fully Portal is a game I've played a lot :p.

As for the Ant lion beach achievement, I got that first go. I didn't quite see the fuss? I saved just before you start, and saved every couple of steps or so. I even came very close (I personally thought I had) to standing on the sand on an area bordering grassland. But sure enough it popped once I got to the other side.

BUT. The defence of all buildings one? I haven't got round to it on the 360. But oh jeez. THAT is going to give me pains. Not even kidding. God damn.

• 4 weeks later...

Neighborhood Watch and Aperture Science. I hate achievements that are based on timing and these two are perfect examples of why I hate those types of achievements.

Neighborhood Watch really sucked but once you get the rhythm down and get past the 6th, 7th, and 8th striders it's not that bad. This was the only Half Life achievement I used cheats to get because it was so damn frustrating.

Aperature Science is nothing more than pure frustration because the achievement was designed to be done with a keyboard and mouse rather than with a console controller. It doesn't help that all of the videos on YouTube showing you how to do the test chambers were also all done on a PC, so you have people doing maneuvers that are virtually impossible to pull off on an Xbox. I've been working on it for days and I'm only about halfway there.

Little Rocket Man was actually easier than I was expecting. The only truly difficult part was the sequence with the helicopter.

With Friends Like These isn't hard but it's a pain in the ass to try and find 7 other people to play the game with.

I'm also not looking forward to Hardcore. 1000 kills in a game I have no interest in playing.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Def. Aperture Science. It's not THAT hard, you can use the "use cheat, save game, load new game, load save game" glitch, video guides and save as often as you want, but the step challenges are really annoying since it sometime counts 1/5 steps as like 20000 steps >.< The time trials are pretty hard too