Spa GB first corner is glitched and cannot be done!

I've been working on this otherwise awesome game and have mastered all of the corners on the infamous Nordschleife racecourse on the Quick Racing mode but I just cannot for the very life of me get that first corner of the Spa GP racecourse 'mastered'.

Just recently, I got 100 miles on European, and Japanese cars, and now I'm close to getting 100 miles on American cars but most of those have been my attempts at getting this corner mastered but EVERY time I go through that corner, and even managed to not go off the line at all, even using nitro, and without letting go of the accelerator, the fucking corner would not register at all. I blast through that corner, not going off the colored line at all, maintaining control throughout, and still, the yellow exclamation mark logo would still revert back to the regular gray logo with the 'minus sign inside.

I even resorted to the 20-lap technique (I used this on other closed-loop courses to get all corners down) but every time, that corner would NEVER register at all and now I've come to believe that this level is glitched and this could very well be the 'Shift' equivalent of NFS: Carbon's "Urban Battle" achievement: Glitched and cannot be obtained. This has now killed all attempts at getting 20 Epic Badgers and I'm NOT even touching multiplayer!

I've sunk hours into trying to get that corner (And getting other badges along the way) but I've finally given up and have now written this off as glitched and it cannot be done. Dont even bother with the European Epic corner master badge. This has now taken the 'All-Star' epic badge out of the question altogether and unless I can boost the shit out of multiplayer badges, I'm only settling for 15 Epics now and going into the DLC.

I dont know what is going on but even the infamous hairpin corners that are easy to screw up, for some odd reason I've gotten down several times in my 20-lap attempts but the first corner on Spa GP is glitched and impossible to 'master'. I've tried all the cars and now with the mileage epic badges looming, I'm very, very close to totally giving up and just settling for 975G on the regular game (I'll put this into the 1000-club through DLC achievements). There is just no way to register that corner.

Even the infamous Nordschleife track was doable compared to this. That track was more difficult in the sense it took so long to get to the last corner and corners that are difficult to master. I've even managed to get corners when I went well off the line and complete those tracks with good precision and speed. I've blazed through the easier corners and treaded carefully and never went offline on the harder corners and got them.

I've even gone slow and gotten even more corners.

Not with Spa GP though. I've looked up videos online how to do it, followed it perfectly, never went off the line, maintained good speed, and used every car imaginable and after getting 100 miles on almost nine cars (Three cars from each nationality), I've finally given up and after getting 975G (And some DLC achievements), I'm bidding adios to "Shift" and moving on.

Just a warning to all NFS: Shift fans trying to get epic badges: Don't bother with "European Corner Master" epic badge. I've tried this for hours and just could not do it, even when never going off the line and maintaining adequate speed. I've gotten corners on other corners with much sloppier driving, and even going slow and going well offline (But not hitting walls or going into the dirt/grass) but this corner is simply put glitched and after so many hours of trying (And getting other epic badges along the way), and using almost ever kind of car imaginable, I've written off this corner as glitched and every bit as unobtainable as NFS:Carbon's infamous "Urban Battle" achievement.

Such a shame as this bullshit glitch has caused a nasty and salt-laden wound on an otherwise marvelous game.

Once again, as I said earlier, DON'T bother with 20 epic badges. I've put hours and multiple tunings (From various online guides) and none of them worked. Even the 20-lap technique wouldn't work. In all honesty, not even Superman on speed could master this 'corner'.

UPDATE: I don't know what happened but some odd reason, I finally was able to finally master this stupid joke of a corner. I was using a Nisson 240SX and was on a regular career mode race and for some bizarre reason, it finally clicked and now I can let this stupid bullshit track rest in peace.

I still consider this corner glitched and mastering it IMO is more luck than skill, in terms of mastering. If you plan on going for the European Corner Master Epic Badge, just prepare yourself for a lot of grief as Spa GP (First corner) and Karussell (Last corner) will be giving you tons of butthurt trying to get all corners mastered.

Edited by DonTrombone7704

• 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...