Most Useless AI Teammates in Any Game Ever.

I honestly don't even know what to do with this game anymore. Some other games have had some pretty bad AI teammates, but the ones in this just take the cake. I wouldn't really care except for the fact that it's one of these bullshit "tactical" shooters.

These teammates just constantly run around, for no reason. I tell them to shoot at an enemy, they shoot for a couple seconds (missing every shot, I guess, because they do no damage) then start moving from cover to cover.

They go down to critical health from pretty much one shot. And the biggest problem about this is when they're at low health they don't stay in cover, they just keep standing up shooting and reloading until they're quickly shot down. To top it off, the stupid heal ability takes like a fucking minute to recharge so there's nothing I can do.

So recently I started using the move option to send them to defend areas behind me. Even if they can't shoot the enemies, just so they stop fucking dying. They move to the area I send them, then a couple seconds later I see them dancing back and forth between the pieces of cover in front of me.

At the end of every mission I've managed to pass so far (two major, one minor) I have all the kills and each of my teammates has 1.

I mean what the fuck? The teammates do not listen to any orders! They do whatever they want. They can't kill any enemies, they go down instantly, and I suffer because of it. I wouldn't care if I had to do all the fighting myself but the enemies (on commander difficulty anyway) our extremely overpowered and there's never enough ammo.

• 3 weeks later...

The game gets easier as you level up your AI with perks. This will give you some tips of how to finish this game:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=521767

The Commando method by PromoteViolence seems to work wonders for many people. I'll attempt to use it during the DLC.

To get past the second mission (the hardest mission on Commander, simply because of you and your AI being low-levelled):

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=525816

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 9 months later...