Man steals video game from boys casket/funeral

JAW LV

Honestly the first thing I thought was "I wonder what the game was."

Damn you article for not answering that.

But yeah, that's fucked up.

Me too lol. If it was Black Ops I bet the person would have put it back :-P. Only joking.

How could you play it though, I would forever be thinking about how I obtained it. BTW people it was a woman that done it, Jody Lynn Bennett look at her middle name.

This doesn't make sense:

"State police are trying to find a Pennsylvania man who they say stole a hand-held video game system and accessories from the casket of a teen who had been killed in an SUV crash on Christmas Day."

"In the release, police say 38-year-old Jody Lynn Bennett, of Mentcle, grabbed the items from the casket of 17-year-old Bradley McCombs during a viewing Monday night at a Montgomery Township funeral home, about 65 miles northeast of Pittsburgh."

So they are trying to find a man, and yet it's a woman, and they know her name and location...WTF...

I may have interpreted this wrong knowing me lol.

Edited by jamie1000013

It's not like the kid was gonna ever play it...lol

You do have a point lol

But either way, it's stealing. Stealing is very wrong and horrible!! D: This is also not showing respect for the dead, which in my opinion is very bad as well. That man has to be a very terrible person to steal from a casket of a boy! T__T

and RIP for the boy who died!

Weird i cant see the police taking it too serious either i mean the victim is dead im sure his not filing a report for a stolen gameboy but seriously some people are screwed up cant believe someone would want to be buried with a handheld console and even worse cant believe someone would wana nick it. I dont want to seem heartless but who gives a shit the guy is dead i sure as hell woulden't care if i was dead, infact when i die i hope someone takes my gamecard and keeps on boosting for my avatar lol

im also shocked they tried to bury a game system. give it to a childrens charity so it can give someone some joy

I was thinking something along the same lines. Why bury it? Why not give it to a sibling, or a cousin, or a kid? Donate it if you have to. I wouldnt want anything buried with me. Give it all away to people who need enjoyment in their life or clothes, etc. Even my organs!

As for the guy who stole it, he is a complete idiot. Why steal something that is probably 50 dollars or less. Especially from a Dead persons casket. He was probably thinking "Since he is dead he cant fine me, etc". What a moron. He will obviously get caught so I am not even going to let this bug me.

I don't need to read that article to know that I will be hoping that this man gets drop kicked in the nuts by a random midget. Definitely deserves it.

I was thinking something along the same lines. Why bury it? Why not give it to a sibling, or a cousin, or a kid? Donate it if you have to. I wouldnt want anything buried with me. Give it all away to people who need enjoyment in their life or clothes, etc. Even my organs!

Because maybe the things buried meant a lot to the kid? When I die, there's a few things I'd like buried with me, regardless of whether it'd work out or not. Hell I'd love my entire CD collection to be buried with me but I know it won't happen haha. Either way though, for some families, it's more of a comforting thing to think that maybe he can take it with him int he afterlife and be able to play it. Or just do it for closure knowing that something that meant so much is with him or her his final resting place. You may say give it to charity or someone else, but if I had a kid who had a strong attachment to anything, I'd bury my kid with that item or items, as it'd just give me a stronger piece of mind inside. I know he can't technically take it with him or her, wherever he/she goes, but even still, just to knowledge that if it's possible in ANY sense, it's there, and my kid may be able to be happy in whatever afterlife awaits.

Not quite the same, but when my puppy, Homer, passes away (he's 14, I'm bracing for it) I'm burying him with his favorite toys, if they are even still around at this point. he tore 'em all to shreds.

Edited by ApochWeiss

Because maybe the things buried meant a lot to the kid? When I die, there's a few things I'd like buried with me, regardless of whether it'd work out or not. Hell I'd love my entire CD collection to be buried with me but I know it won't happen haha. Either way though, for some families, it's more of a comforting thing to think that maybe he can take it with him int he afterlife and be able to play it. Or just do it for closure knowing that something that meant so much is with him or her his final resting place. You may say give it to charity or someone else, but if I had a kid who had a strong attachment to anything, I'd bury my kid with that item or items, as it'd just give me a stronger piece of mind inside. I know he can't technically take it with him or her, wherever he/she goes, but even still, just to knowledge that if it's possible in ANY sense, it's there, and my kid may be able to be happy in whatever afterlife awaits.

Well said. You stopped me from having to facepalm at another senseless cynical comment...

Well said. You stopped me from having to facepalm at another senseless cynical comment...

Anytime. Glad to help. Just kinda wish someone said something before me to keep me from punching my computer screen. You see, I punch right handed and 2 years ago, my fiancee kept kicking me in the butt for some reason I'll never understand when I went to get my paycheck. I went to stop her leg, and I missed, which overextended my pinky finger all the way back and snapped the muscle between the knuckle and where it bends the first time and always has. Every since it kills with too much pressure. Almost brought me to tears from the pain. Figured if I could keep someone from punching their screen and hurting themselves... :D

Edited by ApochWeiss