Loading Troubles?

lowlifespider

is anyone else having problems loading this game. My computer says that everything is above the requirements. When I get to the main menu and the Live thing drops down to sign in, I sign in and the little circles start going in circles then they stop and everything locks up but the music still plays. After about 2 1/2 minutes of just music playing the game closes itself. I've tried re-installing it twice now. When I first bought this game it worked for about 2 levels and then I had to go to work.

Maybe you have some spyware. Have you done a scan recently? It is working fine for me on Windows Vista 64-bit.

ok I'll try that quick. It's been about a week since I last did it. Will update when I'm done.

EDIT: Still not working, I scanned twice just to make sure. It only happens when I try to sign in with my profile that it locks up and closes on its own. :(

Edited by lowlifespider

is anyone else having problems loading this game. My computer says that everything is above the requirements. When I get to the main menu and the Live thing drops down to sign in, I sign in and the little circles start going in circles then they stop and everything locks up but the music still plays. After about 2 1/2 minutes of just music playing the game closes itself. I've tried re-installing it twice now. When I first bought this game it worked for about 2 levels and then I had to go to work.

you can get farther then I can i can not even get the game to load up. It shows a outline of the game then it says it has encountered a problem and needs to close.

Yeah, I'm having the same problem as you OP. I'm running XP, but that shouldn't have anything to do with it. I'm pretty sure the problem comes from the DRM bullshit and the product/activation keys that come with it, since it never asked me to input the key and I can't find anywhere to manually input it.

I'm having trouble downloading the damn game! I bought it, got to about 60% downloaded and my computer froze for whatever reason. I restarted it and signed back into GFWL, I go to the download section and it's back to 0% and won't start downloading again. I've been trying for 30 mins and still no luck. Any ideas?

It nothing to do with the ports i check and mine are all open by default, i have installed and uninstalled it so many times my key doesn't work now so I'm going to have to contact them of that too, this be the last games for windows i get though

if anyone sorts this please PM my gamertag or ill do the same if i manage to sort it

I'm having trouble downloading the damn game! I bought it, got to about 60% downloaded and my computer froze for whatever reason. I restarted it and signed back into GFWL, I go to the download section and it's back to 0% and won't start downloading again. I've been trying for 30 mins and still no luck. Any ideas?
there might be away to cancel the interupted download i'm not sure how but check here http://forums.gamesforwindows.com/8.aspx

I too can't load this game!

Tinker works fine for me, but with this, when It comes to signing in, it just freezes, and crashes my laptop. Useless! You can't even PLAY it without signing in! what a waste of money, I presume the customer service is shut over xmas as well.

Horrible.

Exact same problem, sign in window opens I sign in and it freezes for 2 minutes then closes itself. Tinker works perfectly for me and I'm running the game on a laptop which is top of range and more than qualifies to play the game. I really don't understand this and it's making me very hesitant to buy another GFWL game.

Well I was fine playing up to the third level and then all of a suddedn it would freeze on me every time I clicked on a clue. It would unfreeze after about 20 seconds but my star meter would be empty as if it didn't freeze and I just sat there! I got up to finding Odlawand every time I clicked on him my game crashed...

I'm now in the process of re-downloading it to see if it will fix my woes... I think I'll try run it in Vista SP2 compatibility mode. Currently running Windows 7 RC1 x64.

the game will not let me sign into live. it says i have a firewall issue and ive turned all fw and antivirus stuff off and signed out of all sites using live and still nothing. i have no way to work around my wireless router so i hope i didnt waste 600msp :(

edit: internet connection sharing had to be turned off, i use that to get my xbox online. i find it very stupid you have to go through this much trouble just to sign into live and play a game on pc

Edited by littlejay

I phoned MS up today to see what they suggested. the guy didn't even know what I was talking about, so put me on hold to find out more, and I was "conveniently" disconnected while on hold. Nice.

I reckon this was a waste of a fiver, and I won't be buying from GFWL again. It's strange, cos Tinker works fine for me.

the game will not let me sign into live. it says i have a firewall issue and ive turned all fw and antivirus stuff off and signed out of all sites using live and still nothing. i have no way to work around my wireless router so i hope i didnt waste 600msp :(

edit: internet connection sharing had to be turned off, i use that to get my xbox online. i find it very stupid you have to go through this much trouble just to sign into live and play a game on pc

stupid question time but how do you do that because i would like to play this game and get my money out of it or the least the achievements.

i called support and it seems according to the phone support and web forum their solution for almost everything is un / re installing the game or mess with your router settings.

what i don't get it my router is set to open so why do i have to forward any of the ports i don't have issues with my xbox signing into live or playing online so i don't see why it would be different for the PC since you have to have the same ports open for 360 or PC

For those whose game is crashing on startup (not even getting to the initial screen... just a fragment of a frame)... try 'dumbing down' your screen resolution. I had mine at 1680x1050 and the game crashed all of the time. Bumped it down to 1280x1024 and the game came up OK.

Going to try bumping up the resolution to something a little higher to see if that works.

MICROSHAFT couldnt care less about this problem now they have our 600msp!!!

Ive tried all of the above suggestions inc changing the resolution right down to 800x600 and guess what.... STILL CRASHES!!!

Why should I have to change a single thing for Waldo when any other game runs perfectly using my standard set-up!!

MS can kiss my a**e if this is how it treats its GFWL customers....

....and the support team read from the same script!!

"HAVE YOU TRIED UNINSTALLING & INSTALLING AGAIN?"

Errrr yes, about the same amount of times as you've bloody suggested it!!