Is "I Can't Quit You Dom" Glitched?

djpatterson2011

I just completed my first play through on casual, split screen, with my secondary gamertag hosting (playing Marcus) and my primary gamertag as player 2 (Dom). I completed all Acts, including the tutorial prison level, as Dom. Achievement didn't pop. Is this common? Is there a trick to getting this achievement, because I didn't see any mention of it being glitched in the achievement guide or the first few pages of the forums.

It needs to be with some ONLINE, not from the same Xbox. That's how I got mine. When my dad and I played it the first time, he never got it, then when I played as Dom, I played with someone on LIVE, then I beat the game and got it. See if that works.

Hmm, the achievement just says "Complete all acts in co-op as Dominic Santiago on any difficulty", nothing about LIVE. But it is a good suggestion for something to try. I'll give it a shot.

Although, I did receive Dom-curious and Domination at the expected times during my split screen run, which leads me to believe something is fishy...I have seen other posts with similar issues but none with any definitive answers yet.

Just so you know, I got all the Dom achievements in 2009 with no problems having fully played through co-op with a friend (who used an offline account) on splitscreen. Possibly an update since then has made it glitchy? There is definately no need to play it on Live from my experience.

From old posts I've read online it seems like the achievement has been glitchy for longer than that, possibly since day 1. And some say they didn't get it till their 3rd or 4th run through as Dom. But I haven't found any real answers as to why, it seems weird that it wouldn't pop for random individuals, there has to be something different happening. Some suggest you have to watch all cut scenes, then others give a counterexample saying they didn't have to. Now there's a counterexample to the live thing. Idk, I give up lol.

• 3 weeks later...

I can confirm that this achievement is glitchy, a friend and I played through from start to finish in one sitting including the training because mine hadn't popped yet and even after that it didn't pop and not a day ago I was helping a mate with his insane playthrough and it popped over halfway through the first act and that was after 2 different playthroughs as Dom, both the single sitting playthrough and the one where it popped were over XBL and my first try was a combo of splitscreen/XBL, hope that helps

as far as the cutscenes thing goes, I don't remember on my 1st and 2nd run if any were skipped or not but I can confirm that we were skipping the cutscenes during the insane playthrough when it popped

Edited by VVolfbiker

• 4 weeks later...

I finally got mine after completing Act 1 on my 5th run through as Dom. Two run through's online and two slip-screen... it popped doing a split-screen run through BTW. Although my mate I got his the first time we went through online for him... so yeah, who knows... just keep at it man and hopefully you'll get it soon!! :S

• 2 weeks later...
You don't even need to use 2, I used one split screen and did it all myself, in most cases the second player will move up automatically but in a couple of bits you do need to use both controllers at the same time so it's best if you do it on the easiest setting.

Make sure you profile is playing as Dom though.

thanks i tried the split screen don't like so i tried using the 2 as it makes it easier without the split.