Small guide to weapon kills

Hello there I figured I would help ppl out with some of the weapon kills and how I did them fastest..setup for all weapons was KOTH,full bots casual,15 rounds,240 round score

EXPLOSIVES/LANCER - use the map DEPTHS.

CURB STOMPS/RETRO LANCER/CAPTIVE/SAWED OFF/GNASHER/EXECUTIONS/FIRE - use the map RUSTLUNG

HAMMERBURST/PISTOLS - use the map BULLET MARSH

Hope this helped, I know it helped me

Hello there I figured I would help ppl out with some of the weapon kills and how I did them fastest..setup for all weapons was KOTH,full bots casual,15 rounds,240 round score

EXPLOSIVES/LANCER - use the map DEPTHS.

CURB STOMPS/RETRO LANCER/CAPTIVE/SAWED OFF/GNASHER/EXECUTIONS/FIRE - use the map RUSTLUNG

HAMMERBURST/PISTOLS - use the map BULLET MARSH

Hope this helped, I know it helped me

There are a lot of settings you can use, but there are 4 maps that trump all.

Mercy, Thrashball, Hotel and Raven Down(dlc map).

The spawn points are close and weapon spawns are only a few seconds away.Just set your weapons to what you need to boost.Do you know how to use Hotels spawn flip or Mercys step camping(just stand on the steps and kill at will)?

If you want me to show you the exact spots to stand or need more info, pm me here or on live.I only need a few thousand lancer kills for all weapons to be onyxed.Ok,the gnasher needs 200ish, but I can get that in 30 minutes or less.I've been focussed on weapons for a while now so I can help you out.I only WISH I could do a 1 vs 5.That set up is the ultimate for speed.

I only WISH I could do a 1 vs 5.That set up is the ultimate for speed.

If you are on TA, I am going to set up some "free kills" sessions for a week or so once I have seriously3.0 (will take about another week). I have 3 xboxes so going to offer free idling of 2 for any weapon that people want to work on...

There are a lot of settings you can use, but there are 4 maps that trump all.

Mercy, Thrashball, Hotel and Raven Down(dlc map).

The spawn points are close and weapon spawns are only a few seconds away.Just set your weapons to what you need to boost.Do you know how to use Hotels spawn flip or Mercys step camping(just stand on the steps and kill at will)?

If you want me to show you the exact spots to stand or need more info, pm me here or on live.I only need a few thousand lancer kills for all weapons to be onyxed.Ok,the gnasher needs 200ish, but I can get that in 30 minutes or less.I've been focussed on weapons for a while now so I can help you out.I only WISH I could do a 1 vs 5.That set up is the ultimate for speed.

Yea those maps are good but the ones I mentioned earlier are the best for those weapons.. Trust me I tried every map with each weapon and those are the best maps for boosting those kills

If you are on TA, I am going to set up some "free kills" sessions for a week or so once I have seriously3.0 (will take about another week). I have 3 xboxes so going to offer free idling of 2 for any weapon that people want to work on...

Thanks man.If I have anything left ill look for you for sure.

Yea those maps are good but the ones I mentioned earlier are the best for those weapons.. Trust me I tried every map with each weapon and those are the best maps for boosting those kills

How many boxes are you running?1, 2 or 3?Whats your kill set up?Do you do your kill sessions alone or with help?Solo, Mercy and Hotel are tops bar none.If you know how to manipulate spawn, the enemy spawns in front of you all the time.Whatever the case, those maps are better I think.Its all personal preferance really.

Also,whats your kill per round rate and how long does each session take?I'll assume you're using one box.Im not trying to shoot your thread down...just trying to help you.

Edited by Baki54

I was grinding Hammerburst kills along with Heavy Weapons (Mulcher) on Thrashball KOTH but have now switched to Bulletmarsh thanks to this thread. There always seams to be a bot to kill on Bulletmarsh (found I was waiting for bots to come down the stairs on Thrashball) and my AI team mates are not stealing half as many kills on this map

A quick question, for the maps mentioned mainly Bullet marsh, where are people camping for the kills?

I'm moving around the area where the incendiary grenades would normally spawn. Over the course of the 240 KOTH timer the ring starts at the boom spawn then moves around the sniper spawns, the ink spawns, area near the cars and area on top of the bridges.

All rings, apart from the first, can be viewed from incendiary spawn area and by the time the bots funnel themselves up the ramps, over/under the bridges their spawn protection has lapsed.

When boosting weapon kills against idle players, is there any way to have an infinitely long game, as in stalemating over and over, instead of having to restart each game up for the desired map?

You can wait for the time to run out, but that would take infinitely longer than restarting...

I suppose I should have specified in gametypes with infinite spawning (CTL, KotH) :p

KotH games last roughly 20 mins...what I'd to know if there's a way to remove the lack of stalemating or time limit by unpatching. Or, if weapon boosting methods are just per 20 mins then backing out and restarting the game on whatever map you want.

Saving weapon onyxes and KotH onyx for last, so I have no idea how weapon boosting works yet, lol

I suppose I should have specified in gametypes with infinite spawning (CTL, KotH) :p

KotH games last roughly 20 mins...what I'd to know if there's a way to remove the lack of stalemating or time limit by unpatching. Or, if weapon boosting methods are just per 20 mins then backing out and restarting the game on whatever map you want.

Saving weapon onyxes and KotH onyx for last, so I have no idea how weapon boosting works yet, lol

Koth 240, set at however many rounds you can take.No mode lasts longer....Koth 240's set at 15 rounds were fun;).I just loved those 12+ hour sessions.When you're stoping the other team from scoring, games tend to drag.:( Oh yeah..You have to win the round before the time limit is up.

Solo(1 console), the games last 6 to 15 minutes.For anything else I need to know your kill set up.

• 2 months later...
Question: what makes KotH the best method for boosting kills? I still need to boost 4 of 5 starting weapons, pistols, and headstomps.

Most respawns vs. any other mode.

If you have more than one Xbox or a boosting partner(s), this is WAY faster:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showpost.php?p=5056596&postcount=21

Don't think I'm going to be able to get anyone else to join in on this.

Anyway, if it's just the length of the round, I imagine team deathmatch with 35 respawns would suffice? Team deathmatch seems really slow to boost while king of the hill can be boosted a lot faster. Probably around 4 rounds to start; I want to have a reasonable expectation of actually finishing the match and getting the exp for it.

Would someone mind suggesting the best way to do heavy weapon kills? I'll take a single xbox with bots or a 3 xbox method.

Use the map Gridlock .Disable all weapons except torque bow and longshot.After that, just change both/or mix, to the weapon you need.Rush spawn and kill them as they get close to the mailboxes.You'll get the timing down.Pick up the weapon and take a few steps forward.Even with heavy weapons, you can get sub 24 second rounds.