The next Minecraft update?

Personally I think creative mode will ruin the game. The whole point of Minecraft, at least for me, is digging for the blocks you need to build what you want to build. At least creative mode is optional and I can carry on playing the game like it is.

I can appreciate your view of creative mode but for people like me and my mates its a blessing. We like to build huge structures, as soon as creative mode is released we're going to build the main strip of Las Vegas.

OT: There's been no announcement for the release date.

Don't know about it adding new achievements but any world that has been saved using creative mode will disable the current achievements.

which ever update it is that finally adds the create and adventure modes

For future reference. Just ask any questions about updates in this thread.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=378225

In about 2 weeks we will be getting the update with creative mode and lots of other features. (Again go to the link to see what those features are).

As for Adventure mode. Minecraft 360 Edition has only been confirmed to be updated to the 1.2.3 version which is before the addition of Adventure mode.

It is currently unknown if it will be updated to that point. Before you ask, we have no idea when the 1.2.3 update is coming. We won't know for a long time.

As for the question about achievements. They haven't said anything so far about adding achievements.

Perfectly honest, I'm not fussed if we don't get Adventure mode added. I'll be too busy building some crazy stuff in creative anyway. Never before have I actually been excited for an update, its usually dlc or a new release. But an update? Unheard of! I can see a lot of people playing Minecraft again. I know I sure will.

That's not necessarily true. Though it's really unlikely that we will get achievements without DLC.

it is true in this case, 4j confirmed it on twitter that there will be no achievements with Updates only possible paid DLC in future

What new achievements could they really add to Minecraft? Suppose when they add the end and enchantements, you could have Enchant a Diamond Sword or Defeat the Ender Dragon, but that's really it.

theres quite a few more in the PC game, including a couple of fun mob killing ones like kill a ghast with its own fireball and and snipe a skeleton from over 50 meters

i dont think ive ever managed the skeleton one, 50 meters is deceptively far the ghast fireball ive done hundreds of times though

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Achievements

theres a full list of the PCs for those interested, the skeleton duels the only one i havent had at some point but they get wiped on PC so often i probably dont even have open inventory anymore :D

Personally I think creative mode will ruin the game. The whole point of Minecraft, at least for me, is digging for the blocks you need to build what you want to build. At least creative mode is optional and I can carry on playing the game like it is.

Creative haters 'gonna hate.

Edited by Nevander

Creative mode isn't for everyone, some people like me, can't wait to have infinite blocks and just build crazy stuff. Then on the flipside, people like my g/f love nothing than scrounging for materials to go on an epic mining adveture and building their own home from scratch with sweat and tears. Each to their own eh. I'll still dabble with doing it the old way, but Creative is gonna rock.