1st Playthrough Class Suggestion?

A Silent Circus

Can anyone give me a suggestion for the best/easiest class to use on the first playthrough? Been looking to get back into this game and I was getting my ass kicked last time I played, forget what class I was at the time so I may just start over, searched a few pages for a similar thread, but couldn't find anything. Thanks.

To be honest, unless you're planning on just playing for GamerScore (which I don't recommend at all for Dark Souls); you should pick whatever class you feel attracted to. :) Obviously, the first playthrough you do is going to be the "experimental" one... so might as well go with whatever you like.

(The class subheadings aren't accurate either, for example; you DON'T have to be an "Advanced" player to use a Sorcerer well.)

So my advice is for you to go with whatever class you feel, you'd enjoy best. Even if you've already played the game before... awhile ago. :)

(I went with a Hunter my first time. And don't regret it! :p)

Edited by Hagane

I've found Cleric, Bandit, and believe or not Deprived to all be enjoyable builds. The thing about Deprived is that everything starts at a base of 11, so it really gives you a nice chance to mold the type of character you want to play.

For example say you want to play a Strength build. Now you could go Warrior or Bandit, but with a Deprived you only need to put a point into faith to be able to use a talisman and the Heal miracle, which can really come in handy if you plan on being summoned to help others. And 1 point in Dex so that you can use a bow, which is incredibly useful at certain points of the game. Especially with poison arrows. Oh and add two more points to be able to make use of an Uchigatana. 1 point to open another Attunement slot, and bingo. You've opened up all these added options with just five points, and now you can focus on VIT, STAM, and STR. But yeah, in the end go with what is comfortable for you and appropriate for the build you want to use.

Edited by ghostx30

Yeah my first class was a Deprived. It's not too bad starting out once you get the hang of the game, and with some lucky drops or searching you'll be fine on equipment. And it's always a plus to join someone's world and all you have on is a loincloth and a Boar's head.

And it's always a plus to join someone's world and all you have on is a loincloth and a Boar's head.

LOL - You have no idea how many times I've been summoned to help a deprived at say the gargoyles, and they always insist on climbing the ladders to the boss first. I simply refuse to follow them. I wait until they get to the top so I'm out of range of their balls over my head or an ass shot. Then I quickly climb up and go through the door. :D