Guilds

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope the dark brotherhood is in it. They are my absolute favorite guild of them all. I did some research myself and I read in an article, they said they announced it but then it also said that there was 130 dungeons, when I saw a video where Todd said there was 150. So I don't think it was relible. Lets hope they make a return. Also does anyone know if they are keeping it so argonians can wear all types of amors like in oblivion or are they going back to the way it was in morrowind?

I remember having read somewhere (probably bethesda forums) that assassins guild will be back, but notice the fact that not Dark Brotherhood confirmed.

So maybe we get back to something different like Morrowind´s Morag Togh or wherever it´s spell.

Anyway, they confirmed I think 7 guilds. So yes, Fighters, Mages, Thieves, Assassins and Arena I think it´s definitely there. The other two can be minor ones, like Vampire Hunters in Oblivion or some stuff like that.

Edit: Also, very brave for you to not look at info. Myself, can´t avoid it XDXD

I remember having read somewhere (probably bethesda forums) that assassins guild will be back, but notice the fact that not Dark Brotherhood confirmed.

So maybe we get back to something different like Morrowind´s Morag Togh or wherever it´s spell.

Anyway, they confirmed I think 7 guilds. So yes, Fighters, Mages, Thieves, Assassins and Arena I think it´s definitely there. The other two can be minor ones, like Vampire Hunters in Oblivion or some stuff like that.

Edit: Also, very brave for you to not look at info. Myself, can´t avoid it XDXD

I would like to see some improvements on the guilds. As good as they were in Oblivion, i wouldn't mind seeing a trust/respect style system or maybe even multiple outcomes, instead of just being promoted.

I know Bethesda is looking to improve all aspects of the game, so i hope the guilds will be even better.

I myself have been trying to avoid any details on Skyrim but it's like a drug, i just want to get my 'Skyrim details' fix.

I certainly hope they have all the ones from Oblivion. Also, would like to see some factions, that once you join you cannot join the others.

I actually enjoyed being ruler of the overworld and underworld in society :p however ridiculous that is, made me feel like my character was powerful.

one thing that I thought was weird was that you could put on the cowl right in front of people and when you took it off they didn't know you were the Grey Fox >.<

I would like to see some improvements on the guilds. As good as they were in Oblivion, i wouldn't mind seeing a trust/respect style system or maybe even multiple outcomes, instead of just being promoted.

I know Bethesda is looking to improve all aspects of the game, so i hope the guilds will be even better.

I myself have been trying to avoid any details on Skyrim but it's like a drug, i just want to get my 'Skyrim details' fix.

Really could not agree more.

I like to play several characters in RPG games, and in Oblivion was kind of pointless since one of my characters ended up been Arena Champion, Gray Fox, Listener in Dark Brotherhood, Master of Fighters Guild and Archmage plus all of DLC stuff as well. Fun fact, It was a Kahjitti character I create to be a Skooma Addict and joke around all day long :drunk

So yes to a reputation system that really works. Not just economic penalties but real consequences and real roleplaying. A member of the Fighters Guild should never be allow in the Dark Brotherhood unless there´s a conflict involve (character when fire from Fighters Guild for murder and then Dark Brotherhood been interested in you).

I would really like TES become a more realistic game over the years in this terms of making the character being not just a puppet, without forgetting the elements of the saga and the fictions that create the world.

• 2 weeks later...

The announced guilds are:

*The Dark Brotherhood

*The Fighters Guild (now called 'The Companions')

*The Mages Guild (now called 'The College')

*The Thieves Guild

Which is all the same guilds as Oblivion, with the exception of the Arena, although it's highly likely that that too will be returning.

*The Dark Brotherhood

*The Thieves Guild

Which is all the same guilds as Oblivion, with the exception of the Arena, although it's highly likely that that too will be returning.

Why do I dislike the new names for the Fighter's Guild and Mages Guild?

C'mon Bethesda! It's OK to change the name, but can't you make it something better?

Why do I dislike the new names for the Fighter's Guild and Mages Guild?

C'mon Bethesda! It's OK to change the name, but can't you make it something better?

I like the College of Winterhold better than the Mage's Guild haha. The Companions and The Fighter's Guild both are about the same to me.

*The Dark Brotherhood

*The Thieves Guild

you know now that I think about it, they announced that "The Dark Brother is in the game" but they never actually said it was a joinable faction so that could mean they are there but theres no questline for them.

That would make me really sad though cause the Brotherhoods questline was always my favorite.

also I hope they have more factions so its not just the same as Oblivion, here's to hoping they are holding out on us!

College of Winterhold is OK with me, I thought it was just ''The College''

But I like Fighters Guild WAY more than The Companions

Ah yes, it probably would have helped if I'd said it's full name :p

However, I do have a feeling that the College of Winter's Hold could just be the headquarters for the new Mages Guild, like the Arcane University in Oblivion. Winter's Hold is just one of the game's cities, so it wouldn't really make sense if the entire guild was named after that one place.

But I've got to say, I love the name 'The Companions' for the Fighters Guild, even if we have no idea what it's supposed to mean at the moment.

you know now that I think about it, they announced that "The Dark Brother is in the game" but they never actually said it was a joinable faction so that could mean they are there but theres no questline for them.

That would make me really sad though cause the Brotherhoods questline was always my favorite.

also I hope they have more factions so its not just the same as Oblivion, here's to hoping they are holding out on us!

Why the hell would they make a faction you cannot join? That doesn't make sense. At all

Previews of the game have confirmed that all the factions announced so far will have their own questlines, just like in Oblivion. :woop:

Why the hell would they make a faction you cannot join? That doesn't make sense. At all

you couldn't join the Blackwood Company (I think thats what they were called) in Oblivion because they were the enemies of the fighters guild.

I'm not saying I don't think they will be joinable I'm just saying he never said they were simply that they were in the game, well that they were making a return.

anyway I really hope they are just voicing a concern.

you couldn't join the Blackwood Company (I think thats what they were called) in Oblivion because they were the enemies of the fighters guild.

I'm not saying I don't think they will be joinable I'm just saying he never said they were simply that they were in the game, well that they were making a return.

I agree, but didn't Morrowind have a lot of factions/guilds that you really couldn't join? If it has the politics on the level of Morrowind that would be cool

You couldn't join Blackwood Company indeed because they were the enemies of the Fighters Guild, but even if you could, the Fighters Guild questline should've been completely different and it would make two guilds based on fighting