Worst Assassin's Creed yet

The other 3 were frustrating at times, this one offers little to no guidance. Tells me to lure guards from an area and kill them, but desynchs when I follow the guard from the area. The luring involves hitting the lure button and then everyone vanishes and you have to track them. Should be able to follow them, not just have them disappear and spawn elsewhere before your eyes. Im about a half dozen missions into the game, and I've already come across multiple issues like that.

This is coming from someone who has all but mastered the first three games too.

And the whole thing where you lose control of a territory if you're awareness goes up is horrible. Makes for an obnoxious game. And then you have to play that stupid Assassins Creed Tower Defense Game. So stupid difficult. And your awareness goes up like 25% just for buying a property?!? Horrible. Lets get back to what made this game good with AC3, and get rid of these stupid new additions. Animus Island/Desmond memories are cool, bomb crafting is cool, all this other new $#!* can go back where it came from.

I agree, with the micro managing the tedious defense games, the same shitty multiplayer with ridiculously specific multiplayer achievements, this is definitely the worst one, Brotherhood is the best in my books, let's hope 3 improves.

Yes I agree. Brotherhood to me was the best out so far.

Just finished this game and was sick of it for most of the hours I played. I didn't mind getting the dens and taking over the cities but that should of been it. Once you had them, you should of been able to spend money to upgrade them or such. Not have to constantly send out missions and such. Gawd, it was just tedious. I liked the bombs as well.

And they need to rethink the whole buying shops and buildings. There should be a feeling of progression or something that wants me to buy them. Need more stuff to buy as well.

Anyway, I was totally hooked on AC2 but these last two games have just made me so tired of the series. I'm going to have to see a lot of changes in AC3 before I will even get close to being excited for it.

i thought this was a decent game, the multiplayre's dead though cos of yet another online pass. It's not cutting out pre owned games, it's destroying multiplayer.

i thought this was a decent game, the multiplayer's dead though cos of yet another online pass. It's not cutting out pre owned games, it's destroying multiplayer.

didnt mean to post that twice, mobile phone internet mistake, sorry.

Edited by Method

This game had some good moments and crafting bombs was a cool addition but the urban defence and things like that were annoying. Brotherhood was the best imo

i absoutely loved ac 1 and ac 2, brotherhood was a pretty good game but did not think much of the multiplayer. revelations was a bit well repetative, then i got really into it, i think the story line is brilliant, crafting bombs was good but the urban defense was a lot of shit!! i hope ac3 will be as good as ac1 and ac2 and not an assassins creed spin off like brotherhood and revelations.

• 2 weeks later...

The problem with this game is that the advert is so god damn awesome tat it tricks you into wanting it. In seriousness the last two have basically been massive DLC of AC II ( which is Epic and by far the best).

The tower game and losing of territory in Revelations and the online play is dreadfull anyway.

Only just got round to picking this up and yeah like the post above, just feels like expansion of AC2. They have seemed to bring in a few gimmicks to the series to try and get more sales, like the tower defence (which is horrible) and the hook blade.

I agree to be honest. Hopefully Ubisoft realize this & change a lot for Assassin's Creed III. From what I've seen up to now, they have done. I expect a much deeper experience in AC III. This on the other hand, didn't really offer much new to the series. Offered a few cool moments, but overall just more of the same as AC II & Brotherhood.

POTENTIAL MINOR SPOILERS

I agree with most of what is being said. The Den Defense is tedious and probably should've been implemented a different way, and multiplayer is largely unnecessary.

However, I personally feel the story in ACR completely makes up for any minor annoyances it may have had. Learning more about Altair and being able to play as him was much needed. AC1 didn't quite do Altair justice, in my opinion. Also, while the end of ACII and ACB were both awesome, ACR had a fantastic ending. The last cutscenes perfectly set up ACIII to be a phenomenal game.

I haven't been this excited for the end of a trilogy since Halo 3 :p

Yeah, I mostly agree with Mr. McMullen. 1 Den Defense would have been enough, but basing one of the achievements on this annoyed me.

Also, the Mediteranean Defence was annoying. It was a good source of money and crafting components, but it always pinged that a mission was complete when you were hiding in a haystack or the middle of a fight.

On the plus side (which is bigger) the story in this was far, far better than Brotherhood. It had a beginning, a middle and an end. The bit where Ezio takes off his wrist blades and speaks to Desmond gave me goosebumps!

The game was good story-wise, but I have to say ACII was the best of the bunch.

Okay i know i'm going to be a black sheep *no racism intended* but i thought that Revelations was one of the most spectacular endings to any trilogy ever. It ended the story of Altair (Ezio's life ended in Embers) in the most touching and tear-filling way, not that i did, that i just had to know what happens to Desmond. The gameplay was brilliant, the Hidden Hookblade was a nice addition, the Tower Defense was a nice interesting turn to take you away from all the bloodshed from time to time and all the collectebles gives you some alternative objectives.