Is dlc worth it?

FighterHawk

I loved the game but after i beat it on both my accounts (1000g) I kinda lost interest bc there really wasn't anything to do.

But for this dlc i have to pay basically $40. Thats ridiculous!!!!

Is it worth my time? I dont have the game but i could get it. was level 76 and 54

I thought Dragonborn was really fun. Easily the best DLC for Skyrim so far. If the cost was an issue for me (and I was paying real money it) I would skip Dawngaurd and just get Dragonborn.

p.s. I don't pay for DLC or Arcade games. Just sign up for the Bing Rewards program and receive points which can be redeemed for Microsoft points. All you have to do is search with Bing and have a live/hotmail/msn account.

I loved the game but after i beat it on both my accounts (1000g) I kinda lost interest bc there really wasn't anything to do.

But for this dlc i have to pay basically $40. Thats ridiculous!!!!

Is it worth my time? I dont have the game but i could get it. was level 76 and 54

If you still haven't decided within the past week, I'd say go ahead and get everything but Hearthfire unless you really want to spend $5 on a pc mod.

Bug-wise, Dawnguard is mostly clean. My game froze a few times while running around for long periods of time as a werewolf and vampire lord. You'll get the usual bugs and glitches with the new crossbow such as shooting it and your shot and the sounds along with it coming seconds later, but I guess that's what you and I get for playing on the sucksbox 360 with it's shitty hardware. Everything else is good and there is plenty to do to keep you busy and coming back.

I've had far less bugs with Dragonborn. It's really fun and a lot better than Dawnguard, as you get to re-explore Solstheim. Definitely get this one over Dawnguard if you have to pick.

DLC is definitely worth getting, and ignore everyone saying Hearthfire is like the Sims. It's not like the Sims just because you make the house instead of buying it. By that logic getting any house in Skyrim is like the Sims because you can buy pre-made pre-furnished houses in Sims, too. It just adds a bit more role play to the game.

I haven't played the new DLC yet. Don't have the money to get it for my 360 so I have to wait until it's out on PC when the roommate will likely buy it.

I thought Dragonborn was really fun. Easily the best DLC for Skyrim so far. If the cost was an issue for me (and I was paying real money it) I would skip Dawngaurd and just get Dragonborn.

p.s. I don't pay for DLC or Arcade games. Just sign up for the Bing Rewards program and receive points which can be redeemed for Microsoft points. All you have to do is search with Bing and have a live/hotmail/msn account.

Thanks, going to give this a try for sure! I signed up ages ago for the XBL Rewards program except, i only get given 10 MS points per month.

Also with the question i would say Yes, i spent $70 bucks buying the DLC in Australia, just so i could play it. Dawnguard is not that great, except that you will love the new (won't spoil) 'weapons'. And also the Vampire and Werewolf perks are also great, so whenever you are in a dungeon, you just switch to a Lord or a Werewolf and you easily rip into it.

Hope this helps

I enjoyed all of the DLC so far. Dawnguard was a lot of fun. I enjoy playing as a vampire lord. The new locations, items, characters, and quests are all pretty cool also.

Hearthfire was nice for a cheap DLC. I own every house in the game, but it's nice to be able to build one to my specifications and customize it a little. Moving on the other hand was an absolute nightmare. I really wish there was a spell that temporarily removed encumbrance. I had to use the horse fast travel trick. And even then the menus were so lagged that it took a couple hours just to unload everything.

Dragonborn was a really nice expansion. It's definitely the best DLC for Skyrim so far. The storyline was really cool. And I enjoyed the new quests, items, etc. The ability to ride dragons wasn't as cool as I'd hoped though. It was still enjoyable enough getting that achievement though. Although I doubt I'll ever do it again.

Overall I'd recommend all of them. :)

As with the Oblivion's DLCs, they are extremely fun to play, but once you finish them and get the achievements (unless you simply love the game to death) you won't touch them again. If you are a huge fan of Skyrim I would get the DLCs, Hearthfire is the only one where it really is just paying for achievements. But I really enjoyed them, the Dawnguard questing and battles were some of the best that I have played since Morrowind.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Bethesda DLC goes on sale very often...If you're stressing over this, (which you shouldn't because the DLC is well worth it) just wait. In total I've spent 22.50 on Skyrim. I received the game for free and I bought all of the DLC at 50% off.

Is DLC worth it? Thats like asking if Kate Beckinsale is hot....

Seriously, both DLC are worth over 15 hours of gameplay EASILY, probably more if you do everything, and they cost merely 20 bucks at full price... Those DLC are longer than some complete games... of course you got to like Skyrim tough, but if you do, yeah there totally worth it, especially when they go on sale.

And Dragonborn added SO MUCH fun stuff like Apocrypha's Black Books that i would had love to add before, at the beginning of the game... too bad that cool stuff only appeared when i had finish the main game. At least i still didn't do Dawnguard ... so i could use them while doing it

Was wondering weather to get Dragonborn dlc already have Dawnguard ... But after reading this thread sounds like I should get Dragonborn .... Might get Heathfire just to use up the last of my M$ points ... And as I'm still in the early game with a lvl 14 dark elf should add abit of choice and fun to the game ... Just completed top of the world (shouts) main story.

Was wondering weather to get Dragonborn dlc already have Dawnguard ... But after reading this thread sounds like I should get Dragonborn .... Might get Heathfire just to use up the last of my M$ points ... And as I'm still in the early game with a lvl 14 dark elf should add abit of choice and fun to the game ... Just completed top of the world (shouts) main story.

You could go to a red box or something and just rent the legendary edition of the game. Should come with a second DLC disc which you can download to your system, then return.