Achievement Discussion

L3giOn

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, for such a great looking game, those are freaking horrible achievements. I mean, almost every single one is online which sucks by itself, not to mention achievements encouraging you to make peoples time online crappy ( like killing teammates, who was on drugs when making that achievement). I am really dissapointed. This game will have to have amazing multiplayer for me to even consider putting in the time.

It's ridiculous to me how a developer would find it smart to make a game where 2/3 of the achievements are MP. Don't they realize that it makes people play the game online differently...and it only encourages boosting. I was going to get this game....but I think that I'm just going to rent it just for the single player achievements.

Wow, really disappointed in the achievements here. I loathe MP achievements in general unless they are fun and don't take up too much of the 1K (like Halo 3), but I can even deal with a 50/50 split. Having predominately MP achievements in a game most people are getting solely for the single player is silly.

• 3 weeks later...

Not to be rude but....some of you wont get this because of its acheivements.....wow...thats one the stupidest things i've ever heard. Plus I think the acheivements are pretty good, and its not like "grabbag" wants you to kill thousands of teammates, you kill one its not the most repulsive thing to do, u know?

• 1 month later...

The kill yourself, a creature, a teammate and a enemy achievement.

It's in public, so it's probably easy to do that in a way without getting a bad reputation or pissing off others. It's always easy to arrange in public matches.

Not to be rude but....some of you wont get this because of its acheivements.....wow...thats one the stupidest things i've ever heard. Plus I think the acheivements are pretty good, and its not like "grabbag" wants you to kill thousands of teammates, you kill one its not the most repulsive thing to do, u know?

True YOU only have to kill one teammate but if EVERYONE goes for this achievement it will be utter chaos for the first few weeks.

At the risk of sounding rude myself, did you happen to notice the url of the site?

And to reiterate the thoughts of just about everyone else so far, horrible achievement list. I predict this game being played for about 2 or 3 weeks to try and boost the achievements and then it disappearing in the wind. That is unless the multiplayer is just truly groundbreaking like COD4 or something.

-Grishnaar

How many times do you think someone will get into a public match and say to themselves... ok grab bag here we go... I need a creature, an enemy, a teammate and myself... so I can get my teammate right now *blam*. And then that person respawns and comes looking for you cause he knows what achievement you're after and wants to mess it up for you.

Online achievements are bad enough when they make you get certain situational kills with certain weapons or retarded stuff like that, but when they ask you to kill your teammates as part of the situation that's just over the line IMO. Multiplayer achievements should be structured most frequently around escalating rank. If a game developer really wants to include a good amount of MP achievements in their game they should just give you one for every set of ranks you progress. They wouldn't even have to go all the way to the highest rank, it's very reasonable for most decent players to get 2/3 or so the way up in rank, most games are about time played anyway when it comes to online rank. The more matches the better your rank. I hate seeing achievements like, "In a ranked FFA match stand in an open field and use only rocks to hit people in the head for the duration of the match". Achievements like that just seem like the developers were grasping at straws and trying to intentionally piss off the community by making us jump through some really retarded hoops.

I was a little dissapointed in the achievements. I dont know if any one else has looked at the math but out of the 43 achievements, only 14 are based on the freakin campaign. That to me just kinda blows and like Smellofwetdog said why the hell would they design the online achievements the way they did? Thats just asking for you Rep to go down. I mean Kane and Lynch already screws mine up and now Turok is asking the samething? All I can ask is why why why? Im trying to debate weather to waste my money or this or put it some where else.

I am not a big multiplayer fan but will prob purchase this game anyway. It looks like it could be a lot of fun and I liked the old Turoks/////

I like the old Turok games too, but if I was you I'd play the demo first, I was kinda disappointed with the overall game play. Heres hoping that the finished version wont suck total monkey balls, but I wouldnt hold my breath. (Glad the somewhat fixed that stupid achievement though)

Not sure if it'll happen in a week. Not if the rest of the week ends up as laggy as tonight. The other thing I noticed is that both ranked and unranked games are considered "public" which is what the achievements state. Not sure if you can invite friends into a public unranked match, but if you can it would make for easy boosting.

-Grishnaar