Help a noob out please?

xK1NG L30N1DASx

Hey all,

I just recently purchased this game and I have to say, I quite enjoy it. Problem is, I'm currently only playing it alone and my live is going to expire soon, and I've no money to renew it, so solo is the way for me to go for now. My question is, in terms of solo, what should I do? I have a level 8 mage and a level 6 monk. I get the basic "jist of the game" strategy wise, but I can't seem to clear the third level solo and don't know how to go about grinding for mana/items. Any advice for a noob please?

EDIT: A second question, which class is least dependent on buildings? Not that I mind towers and what not, and I know they're necessary to be successful I just find it annoying to seem powerless with my normal attack with the mage. I haven't given my monk a lot of time to try out yet either.

Edited by xK1NG L30N1DASx

Just keep in mind you can switch out chars inbetween waves and in the early diffculties you can switch out with no time limits.

so for most people they have a squire tower builder and then they also have a character built for DPS after they have there defence built up with the squire then they switched.

Alot of people even have 2 of each class one tower type one dps or a hybird type.

Hey all,

I just recently purchased this game and I have to say, I quite enjoy it. Problem is, I'm currently only playing it alone and my live is going to expire soon, and I've no money to renew it, so solo is the way for me to go for now. My question is, in terms of solo, what should I do? I have a level 8 mage and a level 6 monk. I get the basic "jist of the game" strategy wise, but I can't seem to clear the third level solo and don't know how to go about grinding for mana/items. Any advice for a noob please?

EDIT: A second question, which class is least dependent on buildings? Not that I mind towers and what not, and I know they're necessary to be successful I just find it annoying to seem powerless with my normal attack with the mage. I haven't given my monk a lot of time to try out yet either.

In terms of soloing, go for a Tower focused Squire. His Towers all do Physical Damage so it won't be mitigated. They are quite strong too if you spec into Tower Damage first. Do not worry about grinding mana or items. Play the campagn first and enjoy all the features the game brings. Worry about grinding later unless you only go for achievements.

I think the Huntress is least dependent on Towers, her DPS is just insane if you find the right weapon. Although you still need to set up some blockades since on most maps the mobs spawn from multiple locations and although you do insane DPS with the Huntress you cannot be everywhere.

Hopefully this helps.

Signed,

Zero Judgement

Edited by Zero Judgement

1: Level a squire

2: Get said squire to lvl 25+

3: Abuse the squire to lvl all other chars

If you get stuck on a level go back and grind for a bit on a earlier one, that should help you level up and said level will get easier. Keep in mind that this still have a-rpg elements so sometimes you gotta grind a lvl or 2 just to keep up, obviously a higher level character is better.

There are 1-2 levels that will give you trouble on hard, and most insane ones will be challenging not impossible just challenging.

Try find some map guides if you are playing solo on where to place defenses should be quite handy for the later ones, means you can pimp out your characters atleast a bit.

At first i was complete shite at the game and basically placed stuff wherever i thought it would be decent, but when you get overrun and get your ass handed to you over and over you learn chokepoints and good placements.