Have You Ever Had Achievements Unlock In The Wrong Order Or Out Of Order?

CryogenicideX

What I mean is have any of your Achievements unlocked in the wrong order? Like, became rank A before B (which is impossible) for example? Or got the Achievement for getting 200 kills before getting 100 kills? And if so, my second question would be... don't you guys worry about being reset or something? Like, don't you guys worry that Microsoft might take a look and reset you because they think you have cheated, modded etc...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really, but my achievements are shown out of order most of the time because I don't play online. Every time I log on to XBL to update my score, my achievements are always out of order. They show in order on the dashboard, but not Xbox.com. I guess it's just an offline thing. Not sure, though.

I accidentally got disconnected recently while completing extreme tracks in Trials Evolution, so when you look at them on xbox.com or other websites, it should that achievement as the first one.

And the only time I've ever really had them out of order is when I played games like NFL where you get a bunch of achievements all at once.

Yeah this happened to me a few times with endings to games where I would unlock the final mission achievement after I get the achievement for completing the game.

Big difference though between getting 10,000 kills achievement first and completing the first mission achievement last. ;)

So nothing to worry about if it glitches or switches on you.

Fallout 3 - The Broken Steel DLC was affected by the "achievements not on Xbox.com" glitch. I still wanted to play the DLC instead of waiting until it was fixed to play it, so I just made saves before every achievement so I could recover my gamertag, load the saves and get the achievements once they were fixed. But they actually managed to fix it very quickly, on the same day it was released. So the achievement for beating the final mission popped normally, but I had to recover my tag/go get the achievements for the 2 earlier missions so they're out of order.

Batman Arkham Asylum - My Xbox froze right after a Scarecrow fight. When I reset my Xbox, it had given me the checkpoint after the fight, but I hadn't gotten the achievement for beating him so I had to get it on a second playthrough.

You will not get banned or considered a cheater for this, just FYI. MS apparently has better ways of detecting people using external tools, achievements in the wrong order might look a little weird but you will never get reset for it.

I had an Achievement you see on Dead or Alive 4 for becoming an S Rank before an A Rank (which is impossible), it glitched on me whilst i was Online. I was waiting for my turn to fight and someone must have quit and all of a sudden it said, Achievement Unlocked - obtained S Rank. I hadn't even fought yet? I worry that Microsoft might take a look and think I hacked or modded or something like that and reset me?

Yes, once Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction. It unlocked complete the singleplayer campaign on realistic, prior to completion of the first singleplayer mission: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=288285

I had the reverse happen to me as well with Gears of War 1, 310 fragtags to unlock the kill 100 enemeis fragtags achievement. Though it's commonly know that the muliplayer versus kills achievements are glitchy at best in gears 1, I just thought I'd mention it...

Edited by Kunduz

My son was playing CoD: Black Ops one time and when he paused it I switched the difficulty to Veteran. He couldn't figure out why the enemies were impossible to defeat. So I laughed it off and switched it back for him. After he beat the level he was on he got the achievement for beating the campaign on Veteran.

I had an Achievement you see on Dead or Alive 4 for becoming an S Rank before an A Rank (which is impossible), it glitched on me whilst i was Online. I was waiting for my turn to fight and someone must have quit and all of a sudden it said, Achievement Unlocked - obtained S Rank. I hadn't even fought yet? I worry that Microsoft might take a look and think I hacked or modded or something like that and reset me?

It won't happen. Microsoft will only ban you if you used external tools to unlock achievements. They don't care if you unlocked them in a strange order, so long as you obtained them legitimately.

Just the usual offenders.

Example

I beat a game on hard difficulty and the achievement for beating the game on the hard difficulty pops before the achievement for beating the game.

Microsoft does know if you used an external device or not. You could probably play all your games offline most of the time, deleting your profile in the process constantly, and that would cause your achievements to appear jumbled up. If you really wanted to. You would look like the world's worst gamerscore modder, yet Microsoft wouldn't touch you.

...I think

I wouldn't recommend trying it, anyway.

I played Halo3: ODST recently, on local co-op and I didn't get the achievement for completing ONI Alpha Site (level 6), but I noticed it only when I got to level 9 and had to replay it. So this one will be out of order.

I read somewhere that other people had the same issues with this level when doing co-op.

• 1 month later...

Happened to a friend of mine with L.A. Noire. Alright so he started it up...completed the first mission and next thing you know the end game achievement called Shamus to the Stars (complete all cases with a 5 star ranking) unlocked. I have NO idea what prompted it...but it just randomly unlocked, with a time stamp too...I never came across such a glitch myself as everything unlocked in the correct order.

I don't think I've ever had achievements pop in the wrong order on accident...though sometimes I try to get say...complete all missions with an S rank in a game before I get the "completed the game" achievement, that way it shows that I'ma boss =) sometimes that'll happen. If you do everything that's required at an end game sequence ontop of just beating the game, that special achievement will pop before the "completed the game" one. Though some games still list them in the appropriate order..."Completed game", "completed game with all S ranks"..something like that.