Please post your questions here

FLIPADELPHIIA

Yeah I'm trying to finish up one right now called A Lost Cause. And it lives up to the name. You have to find a snakeskin purse. It's a really rare drop that you get from farming Sulfur Saurians. I've tried this quest for a couple hours with no luck. This quest really has that JRPG feeling to it. With the whole grinding and hoping not to get screwed by the RNG. (Random Number Generator that sets up the odds of in game item drops.)

just a bit of info ive found the snake skin purse in the same place twice in a chest location THE BLIGHTED MANSE in the sewer part

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I'm trying to finish up one right now called A Lost Cause. And it lives up to the name. You have to find a snakeskin purse. It's a really rare drop that you get from farming Sulfur Saurians. I've tried this quest for a couple hours with no luck. This quest really has that JRPG feeling to it. With the whole grinding and hoping not to get screwed by the RNG. (Random Number Generator that sets up the odds of in game item drops.)

I got lucky, and had one drop one lol... Look at it this way, they give you pretty good exp, and the other loot they drop sell for decent gold.

Thanks for the tip BloodyVanish. I haven't been able to explore that location yet since you need a quest to get in there I believe. Hopefully I'll get it there. I also heard you can get on in Soulflayer Canyon. But I scoured that place for about 2 hours searching every area and didn't see it. Then again, I do remember it saying that it was in a pool of fish. I probably overlooked it. But if you found it twice in the Blighted Manse sewers then I'll just wait until I get to that point in the game instead of grinding for it.

Good point Celtic. It's not like the time was wasted. I did level up a couple times. :)

INFO FOR BloodGodAlucard

SPOILER INFO

just to let u no u get that mission if u do two things one u get asked to meet lady aelinore from a made called mirabelle in the front of the dukes castle after meeting her save her from the duke then carry on doing missions as the second part does not apear till the duke opens the treasure room when he does pop out side again and mirabelle will give ua quest called Duchess in distress then this will lead u to the place were i got mine from all so u will get a achievement for doing this quest

INFO FOR BloodGodAlucard

SPOILER INFO

just to let u no u get that mission if u do two things one u get asked to meet lady aelinore from a made called mirabelle in the front of the dukes castle after meeting her save her from the duke then carry on doing missions as the second part does not apear till the duke opens the treasure room when he does pop out side again and mirabelle will give ua quest called Duchess in distress then this will lead u to the place were i got mine from all so u will get a achievement for doing this quest

Thanks I appreciate the information. :)

Also for the Thick as Thieves quest I can't talk to Ophis as she attack me. I wear lady's clothes and have 3 female pawns and never killed the cyclops. The other female bandits won't attack ne either until I reach Ophis. I did recall that a long while ago I attacked the camp and killed every one in it. Is there a way I can still complete it?

I've been unable to find a suitable answer for this anywhere on the net. However, I did come across an idea that it was perhaps a trigger glitch. In that, if you travelled to Heavenspeak Fort and opened the gate (likely killing Orphis in the process?) -- it will remain glitched until a future NG+. I'm currently needing Thick as Thieves for the meta, The Hero. Kind of a bummer, but frankly I'm so fond of this game, it's flaws are easily overlooked.

EDIT: For the record, I am attempting this on my first NG+. I had travelled there and killed the female bandits prior to feeding the Cyclops. I initially fed him in drag as my character was male, noticed Orphis was hostile in spite of being told to talk to her -- so I exited the game without saving, changed my character to a female (via the permanent Scroll of Meta.). Same results, I'm afraid. I'm going to go and kill the Cyclops and see if that will open another option for completing Thick as Thieves.

EDIT (pt. 2): No, it does not -- you will fail the quest. I'm afraid the trigger glitch is as previously described. I'll have to be more mindful of my steps in the second NG+.

Edited by GriefCatalyst
(Contextual Information)

If you would've read my post, then you should've seen that I said that I was SLEEPING at the inn, meaning that when you do, it advances the time in the game. So if it's morning and I sleep till morning, then that's one day for gametime. I did it 7 or 8 times, meaning that the game would've definately advanced more than 1 to 2 days. I don't mind that the game has that in it, but after sleeping at the inn 7 to 8 times, he should've definitely shown up by then, because time advanced in the game by a lot.

Don't see what it's such a big deal.

I'm simply pointing out that youy hadn't satisfied all the requirements to advance the quest.

Simply advancing time is not enough.

This game is sly like that.

In an age where we're used to getting whatever information we desire in an instant from the internet that has got to be driving some people absolutely batty.

Az

Doing the Trials and Tribulations quest and was wondering how to get the guy in windblowtower to come with me, he just stands there also what is the best outcome for him being guilty or not also I went to the first town to get some witness to come with me but I forgot if he wants him guilty or innocent.

Doing the Trials and Tribulations quest and was wondering how to get the guy in windblowtower to come with me, he just stands there also what is the best outcome for him being guilty or not also I went to the first town to get some witness to come with me but I forgot if he wants him guilty or innocent.

they dont follow you, they just give you a petition for fournival

Regarding the quest Deeper Trouble, How exactly do I trigger the activation of this quest as I have re-entered Cassardis multiple times, slept at the inn, visited Gran Soren (not started any quest or talk to anyone there yet) and it just won't appear. Perhaps I am doing something wrong or I may have missed it already but do please let me know. Thanks

Edit: Assuming Deep Trouble is the pre-requisite quest, I have already completed that

Edited by XUnknownUserX
Additional Info

Regarding the quest Deeper Trouble, How exactly do I trigger the activation of this quest as I have re-entered Cassardis multiple times, slept at the inn, visited Gran Soren (not started any quest or talk to anyone there yet) and it just won't appear. Perhaps I am doing something wrong or I may have missed it already but do please let me know. Thanks

Edit: Assuming Deep Trouble is the pre-requisite quest, I have already completed that

Hmmm it should have already popped up for you. Try just going down the well to see if hes there

The achievement regarding the Ur Dragon: Do I personally have to kill him, or will I get the achievement for contributing damage to his death?

You or one of your pawns has to kill him

Im pretty sure shes gone dude. I ran into that same problem and I only found her again because she moved in with me at the end of the game. I couldnt find her until then

hmm.. okay then, new Quest: Find that woman !!

:D

UR dragon in Cassardis a few questions why is he ur dragon generation 24 ??? all so why does his health never go down when i am hitting him but yet i fight him for about 8 to 10 min he flys off then i sleep at inn go back and his health is down lower than what it was last time ??? can some one tell me everything about this thing how it works how to kill it apart from hitting the s**t out of it :uzi::eek:

Hmmm it should have already popped up for you. Try just going down the well to see if hes there

Is there a certain area where he appears because I search the whole cave and no one is there? Maybe I should just continue to exit/enter town and sleeping?

I also occasionally saw Rorric walking about town which worried me that I may have already missed this quest.

Edit: Never mind now, Exit/entered town and went down the well and he finally appeared. :D

Thanks for the help anyways.

Edited by XUnknownUserX

Is there a certain area where he appears because I search the whole cave and no one is there? Maybe I should just continue to exit/enter town and sleeping?

I also occasionally saw Rorric walking about town which worried me that I may have already missed this quest.

If you enter the cave via the well in Cassardis, he will be right at the entrance. You cant miss him

If I read somewhere correctly you can only go down there once you beat the game correct or wrong. Also do people sell things down in there or what.

I've been to the black cat hoping to find good armor and clothes and stuff but have came up empty. About when will the black cat or caxton will have good items. I am currently level 27 I believe.

Also when will smithy become available to have him craft things for you.

I am currently walking around with pieced together armor and clothes me and my pawn. We look like a circus walking around.

Also is there a map somewhere that shows the shops locations cause most dont pop up on mp until you have entered it. I randomly walked in a building and found out it was the barber.

Like the Ancient Quarry read there is a merchant there that sells good things. Where is this located. Awwwwwwwww so confused.

Edited by v SnOwMaN v

If I read somewhere correctly you can only go down there once you beat the game correct or wrong. Also do people sell things down in there or what.

I've been to the black cat hoping to find good armor and clothes and stuff but have came up empty. About when will the black cat or caxton will have good items. I am currently level 27 I believe.

Also when will smithy become available to have him craft things for you.

I am currently walking around with pieced together armor and clothes me and my pawn. We look like a circus walking around.

You can enter the Everfall shortly after entering Gran Soren. Though you only have access to the majority of it in post game. There are merchants in post game. 3 I believe?

The Black Cat only sells rare items that are either DLC or weapons and armor that you've sold already. They also carry rare items that you will need for quests later.

Caxton and the other merchants get progressively better equipment as you advance the main quest. Later you will get a quest to give him (or any merchant of your choice) a golden, silver, bronze, and cursed idol. Based on who you give each one to and their affinity for you, they will have new stuff available for purchase.

There is no proper crafting in this game in regards to weapons and armor. You can combine items into other items but it's mostly for curatives and materials. You can use materials to enhance your weapons and armor though.

The map only updates with shop locations after you've discovered them I think. The Ancient Quarry is located west of Gran Soren. The merchant there does sell some good items for early on in the game. But you have to complete a quest and clear the Ogres and other monsters out before he will show up.

Wow that was a lot of questions in a short period of time. :p Hope you find this info helpful.

Edited by BloodGodAlucard

You can enter the Everfall shortly after entering Gran Soren. Though you only have access to the majority of it in post game. There are merchants in post game. 3 I believe?

The Black Cat only sells rare items that are either DLC or weapons and armor that you've sold already. They also carry rare items that you will need for quests later.

Caxton and the other merchants get progressively better equipment as you advance the main quest. Later you will get a quest to give him (or any merchant of your choice) a golden, silver, bronze, and cursed idol. Based on who you give each one to and their affinity for you, they will have new stuff available for purchase.

There is no proper crafting in this game in regards to weapons and armor. You can combine items into other items but it's mostly for curatives and materials. You can use materials to enhance your weapons and armor though.

The map only updates with shop locations after you've discovered them I think. The Ancient Quarry is located west of Gran Soren. The merchant there does sell some good items for early on in the game. But you have to complete a quest and clear the Ogres and other monsters out before he will show up.

Wow that was a lot of questions in a short period of time. :p Hope you find this info helpful.

SPOILER AHEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I entered the everfall I take it and went all the way to the bottom, but then these tentacles came out and me and my people had to run out of there, but I believe the gate is locked now or am I in the wrong spot. Its in there with the pawn guild right.

Ancientquarry is it located inside Gran Soren to the west or outside. Like If I leave the main gate of Gran Soren and I standing on the bridge do I take a left or right and how far do I walk in either direction.

Sorry for trying to get technical with this, but I want to get from point A to B without a hitch.

SPOILER AHEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I entered the everfall I take it and went all the way to the bottom, but then these tentacles came out and me and my people had to run out of there, but I believe the gate is locked now or am I in the wrong spot. Its in there with the pawn guild right.

Ancientquarry is it located inside Gran Soren to the west or outside. Like If I leave the main gate of Gran Soren and I standing on the bridge do I take a left or right and how far do I walk in either direction.

Sorry for trying to get technical with this, but I want to get from point A to B without a hitch.

No problem. I like to get specifics down too. I'm honestly not sure if the gate to the Everfall locks itself after the tentacle monster or not. I just did that part last night. I've been delaying advancing the story to do side stuff.

As for the Quarry location. I'll post a link to a map. You can also find a good map in the Achievements guide if you're curious. The one on the wiki I'll link isn't that useful since it's so zoomed out. But here it is anyway.

http://dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Gransys

Here's the map from the achievement guide. You'll want to go to location 10 on this map.

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l521/ndemars18/2012_5_26_12_36_31.jpg

I posted a pic of the map and labeled all the locations in the achievement guide

EDIT: Beat me to it ; )

Anyone know how to copy like pages from a book and put them online? I know a scanner would work put im looking for something a little more high quality. Cause that wiki page image is just from the guide book