Collector’s Editions

OceanH

North American Collector's Edition:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mddvvsyDUX1qkq7tbo1_1280.jpg

For $99.99, includes the following treasures:

• Endurance Survival Kit Packaging: A survival tin salvaged from the ill-fated Endurance. The tin houses a copy of the game and the Lara Croft Play Arts Kai figure.
  • Play Arts Kai Lara Croft Figurine: Fully posable figurine with over 40 points of articulation. The dirt on her body and clothes has been realistically recreated to tell the tale of Lara’s fierce fight for survival on a desolate island. Comes with alternate set of three (3) hands, bow and arrow, shotgun, handgun, and climbing axe. Figure Size: Approx 8.0” Tall.
  • 15” x 19” Double Sided Island Map and Poster: Discover key landmarks from the mysterious island of Yamati, where Lara Croft and her fellow castaways were marooned after the Endurance shipwreck. On the reverse is a poster size image of the box art that epitomizes Lara’s origin story.
  • Lithographic Print: 5” x 7” heavy stock lithograph print with matte frame, designed by Crystal Dynamic’s Senior Art Director, Brian Horton. Painting by Brenoch Adams.
  • Experience Shields: Three Iron-on badges of the game’s key icons: Animal Instincts, Climbing Axe, Fire Arrow.
  • CD Soundtrack: Tomb Raider Original Soundtrack ‘Survivalist cut’: A collection of 10 tracks totaling over 60 minutes of music from the game.
  • Downloadable Content: Weapons Pack - A selection of weapons to help Lara survive against the island’s inhabitants.

http://officialtombraiderblog.tumblr.com/post/35569486034/tomb-raider-north-american-collectors-edition

European Survival and Collector’s Editions:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mddwdbks5k1qkq7tbo1_1280.jpg

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mddwdbks5k1qkq7tbo2_1280.jpg

Survival Edition

• Art Book: A 32-page mini art book compiled by Tomb Raider Art Director Brian Horton, depicting Lara’s epic adventure through original concept art.
  • 15” x 19” Double Sided Island Map and Poster: Discover key landmarks from the mysterious island of Yamati, where Lara Croft and her fellow castaways were marooned after the Endurance shipwreck. On the reverse is a poster size image of the box art that epitomizes Lara’s origin story.
  • Waterproof Survival Pouch: A waterproof re-sealable adventure pouch for storing key items you’ll need to protect when fighting off scavengers on the island.
  • CD Soundtrack: Tomb Raider Original Soundtrack ‘Survivalist cut’: A collection of 10 tracks totaling over 60 minutes of music from the game.
  • Downloadable Content: Weapons Pack - A selection of weapons to help Lara survive against the island’s inhabitants.

Collector’s Edition

The Collector’s Edition will include every item from the Survival Editions in addition to:

• Play Arts Kai Lara Croft Figurine: Fully posable figurine with over 40 points of articulation. The dirt on her body and clothes has been realistically recreated to tell the tale of Lara’s fierce fight for survival on a desolate island. Comes with alternate set of three (3) hands, bow and arrow, shotgun, handgun, and climbing axe. Figure Size: Approx 8.0” Tall.
  • Endurance Survival Kit Packaging: A survival tin salvaged from the ill-fated Endurance. The tin houses a copy of the game and the Lara Croft Play Arts Kai figure.

http://officialtombraiderblog.tumblr.com/post/35570014746/beauty-shots-for-european-survival-and-collectors

Edited by OceanH

• 3 weeks later...
That figure better come with removable underwear and tampons or I'm not buying.

Am I really the only one curious about why you'd want tampons to come with it? ;)

I think I'll stick to the regular edition. Nothing there really seems worth it to me.

I agree with others, the figurine looks like crap.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Yeah you guys are idiots, no offense. This is a Play Arts Kai figure they are worth $65 to $75 alone and are highly detailed and very articulated. Go do research on something before you try and judge something by a pretty non flattering picture.

And no offence to you, but you're the idiot here - Play Arts are still shitty action figures - I've seen plenty before, they aren't worth half they price they slap on them and they can be as detailed as they want, they're still mutilated by the articulation.

Also, if you want to tell me to research, you clearly have no idea how much I quite like these pricey little hunks of plastic.

And no offence to you, but you're the idiot here - Play Arts are still shitty action figures - I've seen plenty before, they aren't worth half they price they slap on them and they can be as detailed as they want, they're still mutilated by the articulation.

Also, if you want to tell me to research, you clearly have no idea how much I quite like these pricey little hunks of plastic.

i agree with the articulation mutilating the figure(s), McFarlane use to make awesome figures until they started putting in all the articulation and now the figures just look like crap.

i agree with the articulation mutilating the figure(s), McFarlane use to make awesome figures until they started putting in all the articulation and now the figures just look like crap.

Yeah, I agree.

Hell, my 12" Dorothy of Oz by them is one of my favourite figures, maybe favourite because I love that whole dark alternate timeline thing and their other stuff is cool but articulation is a real negative for me.

See, it's not only that they have to put in ugly looking joints but how can you nicely display it without a stand thing or leaving it in the box due to the dodgy balance of it? Perfect example is the Adam Jensen that came with Deus Ex, total waste of money, it just sits in the box now.

Then on top of that I can't enjoy looking at them without worrying that I've spent all that money on it and I might lose the little accessories they often come with.

I think the only exception I make to my personal rule of avoiding them is the Neca figures.

They're actually quite nicely detailed, articulation seems to generally be hidden well, the box is a clear plastic thing meaning you can leave them in it and most importantly, you can find them dirt cheap compared to others.

Haha, and yeah, I realise I sounds like a massive nerd talking about these. :p

I want to know why the North American Collector's Edition is only $100 when my standard is only $105 and my collectors is a pleasant $145.

I'm guessing you live in Australia? Not sure why, but somehow your video game stores found a way to godge everyone in your country for an extra 40 bucks per game.

I'd probably just buy all of my games online if I lived there.

• 3 weeks later...

There is another edition , but its probly only related to those living in the benelux as its called the benelux edition, this comes with the game, and extra multiplayer map DLC "Shanti Town" Three extra skins for Lara "Jungle Lara, Mud Lara, Flying suit Lara" Plus an cool looking steelbook. These are available for people in the netherlands at Gamemania.nl ect. Just tought letting you know for those living near or in the benelux ;) On topic: I was thinking getting the explorer edition but i know those play-arts figures (have the Deus Ex one) And even they can stand in many different posses i,m not to fast about them. I do like the map and the weapon pack DLC but i,m sure as for last one that will made available for all soon as an DLC on marketplace. Other than that and the survival bag that comes with it, i,m not realy want to spend 119 euro realy as i can get the benelux edition with a realy good looking steelbook and some cool extra,s for the regular price of 59,99 euro :)

I would love the art book and the tin as I could store all the past Tomb Raiders in it. :) But for that price... no way. I'm not fussed about the DLC or the map, and the figure looks shite! So should of went with a statue of the games front cover. Could have made this looks so much better as a collectors edition.

Why not throw in the comic book as well? Some times they really do take the piss with the content that they have in some of there CE - with a £60-80 price tag.

Just the normal edition for me. :)

Chose to preorder this from Amazon over Best Buy. A 48 page comic would be nice, but I think a 32 page art book would be better. Amazon was also offering a $5 gift card and some Kindle Fire video/app thing. I'm gonna see if I can sell that app though. As for the CE extras and art book, I'll most likely sell everything but the game and toy. I'm sure I can sell all the extras off for $60. If I were to sell the figure, thats probably another $50 knocked off the final price.

Quoting an old post:

That looks like a Toys R' Us action figure. $5 at best. What a waste.

Its actually more like a $50-60 figure. Its an 8" Play Arts Kai. Play Arts Kai are Japanese import figures. The only time I've ever seen one at a retail store was at Toys R Us for the FF13 release and they had those for sale for $40-50.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-KAI-4728

Edited by optics