xbox one games wont install.

Afc JoNNy Rfc

Its just taken me 5 hours to install dead rising 3 and the patch.

Most of that was probably downloading the patch(es) though. Usually, the first few percentage points take the longest, then it speeds up, but any game this generation takes about 30-45min to install plus however long your internet connection takes to download the patches.

Its just taken me 5 hours to install dead rising 3 and the patch.

I don't think most people take into account the internet download speed they currently have. I know of a few friends who have a 3 Mbps download speed and with that you are looking at a very very long time to download any patch. Zumba had a 3 GB patch and with a 3 Mbps download speed you are looking at a day before it finishes.

I've got 60 Mbps download and have never encountered more than a 15-20 minute download patch and install any game. If it is taking forever to install, my first step would be to find out what speed of internet you currently have. All games have to have their patch or the game will not install/play.

Edited by Phantomsiren

I don't think most people take into account the internet download speed they currently have. I know of a few friends who have a 3 MB download speed and with that you are looking at a very very long time to download any patch. Zumba had a 3 GB patch and with a 3 MB download speed you are looking at day(s) before it finishes.

I've got 60 MB download and have never encountered more than a 15-20 minute download patch and install any game. If it is taking forever to install, my first step would be to find out what speed of internet you currently have. All games have to have their patch or the game will not install/play.

So since I have a 2.8 MB speed...

Next gen might not be as fun as I once thought

Oh man ... yeah it might not be fun at all unless you don't mind waiting. It seems they really let developers add whatever to their patches so the size of patches can be very big. If I were you, I would check into upgrading your speed. Like I mentioned above, one of my buddies had a 3 MB download speed (super slow). I had him call and he found out he could upgrade to 25 MB for only ... $10 ! Doesn't hurt to call or go online and check for better internet speed packages.

I do prefer the way the 360 dealt with things, install the game, then notify of you of the patch, and let you download.

This just downloads while your sat at 0%.

Luckily im on 50mb, but must suck for others, especailly seems that all DLC is released as patches for everyone, and the buyers just get the unlock key.

I don't think most people take into account the internet download speed they currently have. I know of a few friends who have a 3 MB download speed and with that you are looking at a very very long time to download any patch. Zumba had a 3 GB patch and with a 3 MB download speed you are looking at day(s) before it finishes.

I've got 60 MB download and have never encountered more than a 15-20 minute download patch and install any game. If it is taking forever to install, my first step would be to find out what speed of internet you currently have. All games have to have their patch or the game will not install/play.

ah sweet so internet speed does have something to do with the install times. since mine is 50mb i should be able to install games quickly :D.

ah sweet so internet speed does have something to do with the install times. since mine is 50mb i should be able to install games quickly :D.

Quickish. I have 55mbps but it still takes a little while. Nothing unacceptable, but not very quick either. I can't imagine downloading/installing some of these games with low speeds, some of the patches for the games are larger than Xbox 360 games lol.

It also helps to understand exactly WHAT your download speed means.

If it's 2.8MB, you're probably fine. If it's 2.8Mb, then it's pretty slow. Most ISPs advertise/measure their speed in Mb (or Megabits), not MB (or Megabytes).

So 2.8Mbps, is actually 358.4 KBps (or 0.3MB/Megabytes per second). That's technically high-speed internet, but it's still slow as snot by comparison to what most people have.

The standard low-end in the United States is usually around 3-5Mbps (400-640KBps) with an upload speed of 0.5 to 1Mbps (60-130KBps)

---

If an update is 1GB and your internet speed is 2.8Mbps, it will take about 49 minutes to download at MAX SPEED. But most people's internet rarely runs at max speed, so you're looking at about 1.5x that, or about 1.5 hours for every 1GB you download. a 3GB update would probably take close to 6 hours to download.

And downloading a full AAA game title at 40GB would definitely take several days.

Seems like we should be able to disconnect from internet at least to install and play the game. Then when you have something else to do, have it download any patches and updates. Unless its a mp game of course.

I guess there isn't anyone still working at M$ who was around when the 360 was dreamed up...

Can you install offline? Never tried.

It also helps to understand exactly WHAT your download speed means.

If it's 2.8MB, you're probably fine. If it's 2.8Mb, then it's pretty slow. Most ISPs advertise/measure their speed in Mb (or Megabits), not MB (or Megabytes).

So 2.8Mbps, is actually 358.4 KBps (or 0.3MB/Megabytes per second). That's technically high-speed internet, but it's still slow as snot by comparison to what most people have.

I should have been more specific, my mistake. If you need or want to test how fast your speed is: http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/ is an excellent site to show you your Mbps speed and transfer rate (how fast you literally download). So for me my results were: 59008 kbps (aka 59 Mbps) and 7376 KB/sec (aka 7.3 Mbps). Hopefully these posts help people understand better what they have for internet speed and if it is slow, decent, or fast.