Games that didnt live up to the hype?

brokensaint82

I thought Forza 3 was over hyped. It is a good game, but far to much hype was put on the amount of tracks and cars. Realistically there was only really 8 or so locations and then they bulked up the track count by reversing and mirroring the tracks there. Also why have 300 odd cars when most people are only every going to drive about 10 favorites?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me, the games i bought based on hype and found very disappointing were....

Saw: The Game

TNA Impact

Lost Planet

Sonic The Hedgehog

Too Human

Agree or Disagree??

SAW: The Game, Lost Planet & Sonic The Hedgehog I can agree with you on, gameplay on all of them is terrible, can't say anything about the other two you've mentioned, but i've heard alot of mixed opinions on the TNA Impact game.

ODST- Played it at my friends place rightt when it came out and it just seemed to be lacking

Fable 2 - Seemed to have too many aspects going on that tried to blare over the fact that it was basically linear. Still enjoyed it though

Dante's Inferno - I was super pumped up for this one and gameplay wasn't bad on it, just wish they lengthened out the story and it had less of a GOW feel to it.

Mafia 2 - Was great, just felt like it should've been more like GTA or even The Godfather when you were not playing the story line

NIER - The gameplay just seemed way to dated for being a new game, almost like Square Enix was moving a box in a store room and found something that was supposed to be released about 5-8 years ago and said 'hey, we might as well try and make our money back from developing this'.

But the one that seems to be the true let down is going to be Gothic 4!!! I absolutely loved wasting hours of my life playing Gothic 3, just finished the demo on this and it seems like the whole gameplay experience has taken a huge step backward.

For me it was Grand Theft auto 4 loved San Andreas still play it on my PS3 the whole gangster thing was epic win for me LOL AND of course let's not forget MW2 me and my friends were all stoked for this game and when we finally get to play it full of glitches and unbalanced weapons I could play CoD4 for days hell I still play it till now so I really expected a lot from MW2, once it was 1000'd it was out of my hands.

Even though it could have been better, Fallout 3 really disappointed me. As a fan of the old ones, the game feels very foreign to me in comparison.

Oh well. Hope New Vegas is better.

And yet you have a Fallout 3 site avatar,Fallout 3 gamerpic and a My gamercard background of Fallout 3 :p.

I'd say

MW2 (because of online play)

DR2 (It tried to do to much and messed up in my opinion)

RDR (glitches ruined it for me)

Bioshock 2 (great game just a bad story)

ME2 (story let me down)

Games that I thought were going to be rubbish but ended up being great:

Fallout 3 (I only started playing it for GS and I loved it all the way through)

Two worlds

Sniper: ghost warrior

Singularity

But the biggest disappointment ever for me was Kane and Lynch 2. Normally sequels add to the first one. Not make it worse it barely took me 4 hours to complete it. It's story was stupid. Hit detection/bullet sponge was awful.The invisable camera man effect was also poorly thought up. How did they fuck it up so bad is beyond me.

Wow I complain to much :-P.

Edited by jamie1000013

Alan Wake was supposed to be a "scary horror shocker" with a storyline that was hyped as a "bastard lovechild of David Lynch and Steven King". It was also in development for 5 years, which didn't help matters much - after all these years, the engine feels dated, the story is weak (not to mention the blatant Twin Peaks ... rip... uh, "hommage) and the game is just not scary at all because all monsters are given away by the gameplay mechanics.

Yes, if you couldn't tell from that, I was pretty disappointed with Alan Wake.

Oh, I also can't see whats the deal about Dead Rising. Just because it's a game with zombies doesn't mean it's great (really, the zombie thing has been done to death by now, let it go already). The clunky mechanics and terrible interface really don't improve overall quality. Sadly, that's exactly the same issue with about every western release of japanese games - they might have good ideas, but the execution sucks in any way possible. At least DR didn't have that hideous Times New Roman font every single japanese game seems to use for some reason.

Edited by mindphluxnet

dont know if i already mentioned any but ...

Lord of the rings ( cant remember exactly which one it was ) but i thought it sucked

I am also a bit let down by Final fantasy 13 gfx , i thought would be much better and the cinematics in battles are not what i thought they would be, i loved FFX so much better .

Also i was a bit let down by the GFX on AVP but thats because i was getting it mixed up with the previews of colonial marines which looks awesome.

Fable 2 i thought would have much more content but im almost complete it within no time atol.

I am not saying i dont like these games i am just saying i expected more is all