Mystic River quest glitched

So I was hoping maybe someones found out how to fix this.. It seems when I persuaded the guy to let me use the mail box it didn't send the mail.. than when I actually read the captains letter the quest changed and now it wants me to send the mail, but I can no longer access the royal mail box. Am i screwed?

No the quest completes itself in chapter 2

Mm I know that but it still wants me to put the mail in the box, does it stay like that until chapter 2? If so, thanks, if not, QQ ;p.

I done this quest in Chapter 2 like 2nd comment said complete itself in chapter 2 so it is did to me. :)

So let move on to chapter 2 and see if your quest is done if not then let us know and we can think something else to help you. Recommend move on from this and through to Chapter 2 of course it will completed. :)

You need to look for Louis Merse. He is the one who paid you for completing the nekker and endrega contracts. Usually you'll find him in his house or sleeping in his bed. Go to his desk and you'll find the mail box, but you'll still need the key. Talk to him and persuade him to give you the key, open the box and place the reports. The quest should update after that.

As far as I remember, you only need to open the royal box (either the one owned by Louise or Loredo) then read the contents of the letter inside it. You don't need to send another letter. If it's still in your quest log by the time you reach chapter 2, and it doesn't have any X mark on it, I think you're safe.

Also checked my log in game and noticed there were two paragraphs containing "the answer was simple". In each paragraph, it mentions the royal box (twice, all in all). This might be what's making the log confusing, making it look like you need to send 2 letters through the royal box, but you only need to send it once. If the last paragraph starts in something like "Geralt found a letter" etc. etc., then I can fairly say you're safe for the continuation in chapter 2.

Take note, though, that the quest ends in chapter 2 but updates yet again in chapter 3.

Edited by ryanclive

• 3 weeks later...

So, to b absolutely sure, the quest is supposed to complete in chapter 2 and update in 3. I was under the impression it lasted 3 chapters with a great reward so ive been careful when doing it. Then, in chapter 2 it completes and i got nervous that it was glitched. Just making sure.

• 2 weeks later...

I completed this quest in Chapter 3. If you completed the part in Chapter 2, you will have ability to craft one of the best armor pieces in Witcher 2. I think the quest section read "completed" for Mystic River in Chapter 2, but when you get to Chapter 3 it should update again. You need to find and talk to a guy called Bra of Ban Ard.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I can verify that this is a POSSIBLE glitch. I too opened the royal post box (and stole letters concerning Loredo) BEFORE reading the ship captain's letter. I am in ACT I and my quest objective is "Find drop box" but I cannot access it again. I will update when I know if it fixes itself in ACT II.

same thing with me. I never did this in my first playthrough, so I will reload a save and just not read anything :p