Plane Challenge

Impulse2119

well for the last mission it took me a while. all i did was get one airport with oscars up in the air, send them to the middle of the level where the ships and get the other base with oscars with bombs and send those to the middle. send the fighter wave of oscars behind the aircraft carrier, that will attract all of the fighters to go and be busy. next send ur oscar bomber to destroy the aircraft carrier. as soon as it blows up keep them there to finish off the remaining fighters. as soon as the fighters are gone keep ur oscars strafing the destroyers until they die even the oscar bombers. u will see they destroyed a destroyer if u did it right u can destroy both. after all of that get any bomber u want. but make sure u put torpedoes on it. and just keep sending each one out to attack the ships, get as many as possible out after the planes run out of torpedoes tell them to stay near the ship so when they die u can get another squad out.:uzi: :woop:

• 1 month later...

what I did was to equip your oscar bombers with 2 x 200kg bombs, control each plane as it bombs the aircraft carrier. It will always sink providing you get enough bombs in (you really dont need that many) then use the remaining fighters to take out as many other planes as possible, if needbe send up another 2 squadrens of 4 (equipped with the bomb again), take the fighters out, bomb the Battleship and then crash the plane into the ships. Then simply always make sure that you have the full amount of torpedo equipped bombers out at all time and send it towards one battleship at a time (as tempting as it may be to split between the two what with being on two different islands) MAKE SURE THAT YOU ARE CONTROLLING THE TORPEDO BOMBERS is the most important point that I can make as the computer are naff at controlling them, if they dont fly them so slow they are shot down then their torpedoes will miss.

Its not that hard a mission once you weigh off taking the carrier out quickly and ensuring that you always have max planes out at a time

Im completely stuck on the last sub mission though :(

oh and IMPULSE what I did was to head straight towards a destroyer, then when he is still quite far away turn 90 degrees and try to line yourself so that the destroyer is following you in an exact straight line. Fire the two torpedoes from the back of the submarine and this will sink the battleship providing that they both connect (the destroyer hull does seem to be about a millimetre thick!) then once you have taken out the destroyers you have the free roam of the place. Just make sure that you are out of the cruisers range when you surface, and dont be too slow about it otherwise the convoy will be out of range and youll lost the mission and the hard work put in.

Does anyone have any tips for the last submarine mission? Also could people read the "does anyone fancy 490 achievement points thread" : )