Why are there so many jerks?

gregmymofo

I recently got into the mood to start playing Halo Wars online again and I've got to say of all the games Ive played this one has to have the most jerks out there.

It seems like every second match there's some kid continually swearing at me or sending me messages right after the match calling me names or accusing me of cheating.

I'm 29 years old and trust me kids, there's nothing you can call me that i haven't heard before and as for being a cheater...

If by "cheating" you mean building faster and not waiting for your 2 scarabs to come in and rape my base, then yes I guess that makes me a cheater.

It's getting annoying. The time I spend reporting them is time i could be using to get experience points. The guys who accuse me of cheating I invite to play 2v2 and let them watch me build.

Has anyone else noticed how bad it is or am I just unlucky with my match-ups.

I would recommend just muting them or not wearing a mic. I didn't tend to have many players talking over a mic back when I played...although I did get messages after games sometimes. Just block them if they send something insulting. Like Gator said if you just join a party while you're playing you'll never hear anything.

I agree man, I've played quite a bit of Halo Wars recently and I have got the odd hate msg because I won. And It's simple, I know how to built my base up and an army at the same time. Got a message from a guy ranked general saying he doesn't play people that use "rushing" techniques. This was about a 12min game and he had nothing but his arbitar compared to my pop max army and because he wasn't ready I was considered a "rusher" lol

Some people just need to learn how to play the game, theres always going to be a winner and a loser :)

I get alittle of that. What i mostly get is people will send over their army and if I can beat it they quit. I like long matches, I normally try to upgrade everything before I kill the other guy (I want all those exp points u know). I hate it when they quit out bc their 15 min rush didnt work.

I get alittle of that. What i mostly get is people will send over their army and if I can beat it they quit. I like long matches, I normally try to upgrade everything before I kill the other guy (I want all those exp points u know). I hate it when they quit out bc their 15 min rush didnt work.

Same here, I love when you really can take your time and really build an army rather than rush as soon as you can.

My friend and I have lost many games just because we were too slow to build many units fast and now we build hornets and marines really quickly to get hawks and ODST and then we have a good defense and then we upgrade everything :)

Its one of the unfortunate side effects of people and anonymity. They all get some sense that its ok to be a douchebag becasue you cant reach through the TV and punch them in the face. Although if you cant be mature on XBL it says a lot about your maturity level in RL. : /

Edited by T07WRX5

Been there bro, 1/5 games theres always someone who feels they need to send me a message about how i'm bad... for winning? Doesn't seem to make sense.

Halo Wars is a RTS which means there WILL be rushing, like most games. I wish people would accept this and stop crying when they get attacked early game.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I recently got into the mood to start playing Halo Wars online again and I've got to say of all the games Ive played this one has to have the most jerks out there.

It seems like every second match there's some kid continually swearing at me or sending me messages right after the match calling me names or accusing me of cheating.

I'm 29 years old and trust me kids, there's nothing you can call me that i haven't heard before and as for being a cheater...

If by "cheating" you mean building faster and not waiting for your 2 scarabs to come in and rape my base, then yes I guess that makes me a cheater.

It's getting annoying. The time I spend reporting them is time i could be using to get experience points. The guys who accuse me of cheating I invite to play 2v2 and let them watch me build.

Has anyone else noticed how bad it is or am I just unlucky with my match-ups.

I started pissing myself when you said the bit about the two scarabs, that happens to me when you destroy them with a couple of locked down cobras. there is also another bunch that send a whole army of vultures then wonder why they got shot down by wolverines

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

^^ same, i always message the guy back if it was a GG. just recently i had a super close scarab battle over and over several times during a game. eventually i won, and sent the kid a message saying how epic of a game that was. but some people just get really salty over online gaming tho..

"zomg, you cant kill my marines! i call haxor!"

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

What I hate when playing online is when people you played with just decide to leave negative feedback on your profile just because you won. I have negative feedback for trash talk (probably the first reason on the menu) despite never even talking to people other than friends on the headset, let alone trash talking people, just because of won games in Reach. Makes me not want to play Halo Wars or anything else online in matchmaking scenarios just because of the immaturity of players who can't remember that they are playing GAMES!

• 3 months later...
What I hate when playing online is when people you played with just decide to leave negative feedback on your profile just because you won. I have negative feedback for trash talk (probably the first reason on the menu) despite never even talking to people other than friends on the headset, let alone trash talking people, just because of won games in Reach. Makes me not want to play Halo Wars or anything else online in matchmaking scenarios just because of the immaturity of players who can't remember that they are playing GAMES!

It would be nice if microsoft put more weight into avoided players. Meaning that when you avoid a player you really can never, ever, ever, even if it is the only player left in the game play with that person again. In the end the players who avoid everyone they lose to would end up very lonely on xbl. :)

It has happened a few times with me that a player I avoided because of early quitting was teamed up with me again a few matches later and quit again on me. When I avoid someone, I really never want to see them again.

I recently played a game of black ops and did quite well, straight after I got a message from a guy claiming to be a moderator and has reported me with no reason given. So I decided to google his gamer tag, turns out he wasn't too bright, he uses the same name for practically everything on the web. I message him back with his full name, DOB, where he lived, music tastes, personal habits, family info, hobbies etc, he wasn't too pleased demanding to know how I found out, I just left it at that.