The "why is the first game not in the collection?" thread.

BosmaniaK

Here you can ask the question a lot of people will ask/have asked.

To avoid the question being asked a number of times and the unavoidable thread, here's the official thread. Have fun!

"Why is the first Hitman-game (Codename 47) not in the collection?"

Hitman: Codename 47 is full of glitches, aggrevating bad controls and overall feels like a dry-run for Hitman 2: SA.

To make this game into a playable "HD" game, they have to remake the whole game. Which costs a lot more money than upgrading a game to "HD".

Plus, the best missions from C47 have already been remade in Contracts.

So there you go.

Same reason I think the first Silent Hill game wasn't included in that HD collection. Which was PS1 if I'm not mistaken. Also wasn't the first Hitman for PC? I don't know how it works but I think they would have to go through more to get it compatible with console.

Well as OP also said they would have to remake the game in HD which really isn't worth the hassle.

Edited by InsaneKane87

http://www.casetechnology.com/resources/starsclub/reading/images/reading_fun.gif

first post.

Lol, kiss my:ass jk

but i honestly skim read the first sentence of your post. not many people seem to remember that...... and i thought you were one of those people asking why. :) who cares anyways... the more it's said, the more people will understand. because i already know that someone is going to make another thread asking the same damn question.

Edited by Annalie

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ahhh I seen now. Thanks for info. In my comment about this HD collection in article that I mention to said hope Square Enix bully to IO to get consoles for Hitman 1. So now I realize there reasons why for IO not want bring Hitman 1 onto consoles also some best missions remade onto Hitman 3 which is I didn't realize. :)

So do secret achievements is all about Hitman 2 and 3? 50 full achievements without Blood Money since Blood Money got achievements in 2006 so they still used same one but this one will be separate achievements?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm kind of disappointed that Blood Money has been included, as bad as Codename 47 may have been. When I saw trilogy I thought it meant they were going all the way back to Hitman 1 (PC) rather than 2, Contracts and Blood Money.

Seems to me like a way to shift a load of printed Blood Money discs that never made it to retail.

I'm kind of disappointed that Blood Money has been included, as bad as Codename 47 may have been. When I saw trilogy I thought it meant they were going all the way back to Hitman 1 (PC) rather than 2, Contracts and Blood Money.

Seems to me like a way to shift a load of printed Blood Money discs that never made it to retail.

Blood money is included cos it was not released on the ps3, it was on the ps2. So technically this is an HD collection for ps3 users, they will prob get the same achievements/trophies.

it doesn't bother me that they did not include the 1st hitman, but they included blood money that firstly was already in HD and also has no achievement since it is just a copy of the original blood money. they should not have included it in this set since you can probably pick a copy or it up for $5 now, and besides that any hitman fan would already have it, ot at least completed it by now. they should have only had the 2 games to reduce the cost of them for the hd collection

it doesn't bother me that they did not include the 1st hitman, but they included blood money that firstly was already in HD and also has no achievement since it is just a copy of the original blood money. they should not have included it in this set since you can probably pick a copy or it up for $5 now, and besides that any hitman fan would already have it, ot at least completed it by now. they should have only had the 2 games to reduce the cost of them for the hd collection

As I said above though, you need to take into consideration that Blood Money was not released on the PS3.

As I said above though, you need to take into consideration that Blood Money was not released on the PS3.

I dont care that they didn't give it to PS3. they could have made that separate for them ages ago. but nope, i'm stuck with blood money again. i already have the original xbox copy. and another for the 360. so that makes 3 copies. i heard that the PS3 version was just a PS2 port anyways.

geez you people could confuse the hell out of some people. ive just read that the trilogy release of bloodmoney has its original 24 achievements? (said so by someone else in another thread.) so what are you talking about?. did you not already play bloodmoney? if you did and completed it... YOU'RE NOT GOING TO UNLOCK ANYTHING.

Edited by Annalie

Here you can ask the question a lot of people will ask/have asked.

To avoid the question being asked a number of times and the unavoidable thread, here's the official thread. Have fun!

"Why is the first Hitman-game (Codename 47) not in the collection?"

Hitman: Codename 47 is full of glitches, aggrevating bad controls and overall feels like a dry-run for Hitman 2: SA.

To make this game into a playable "HD" game, they have to remake the whole game. Which costs a lot more money than upgrading a game to "HD".

Plus, the best missions from C47 have already been remade in Contracts.

So there you go.

I'm pretty tired of them not putting the first game in. they did the same thing with metal gear solid.

My favorite mission from the first game was a take off from a scene from the Godfather. You're tasked with starting a war behind some Chinese Triads and the police.

First you hid a gun in the bathroom of the meeting place, since you're gonna get patted down. Next you ambush the member of the one triad to steal his clothes.

But the best is when you arrive and sit down. 2 Chinese men and 1 obviously not Chinese man. And 47 just says, "My father was of Western descent." And they accept it. And die.

I'm kind of glad they don't include the first because at some point it starts to forget its stealth origins and just wants you to run and gun for a while. At least that's how it seemed to me, maybe some people were able to complete every mission in a stealthy way.

• 1 month later...