Finally we get a patch...

Darkrain

Finally, a 1/2 year after Release, Konami will bring out a patch for the Xbox 360 version of Silent Hill: Downpour this day.

The title update reportedly corrects issues with the save system, squashes bugs in the Homeless questline, improves the frame rate and adds a number of other unspecified performance tweaks.
VG24/7 Edited by Darkrain

The patch is supposed to fix a issue the game had with autosaving (it would often not save at various checkpoints) and framerate issues the game had (it would, at times, basically look like a slideshow). It also fixes a few other bugs and glitches. It took them half a year but they finally managed to fix the game's bugs.

Too bad they wouldn't do the same for the HD Collection.

I had this game when it first came out and found myself frustrated with the atrocious framerate problems (aswell as some puzzle issues)

But with this new patch I dusted off the game again, put it in my xbox and i'm really enjoying it now.

The framerate issues haven't been removed entirely, but they have definetly been lessened dramatically, which is good.

I think some of the puzzles etc have been fixed aswell too (in the sense that the clues are clearer etc).

The combat is still the worst asepct of the game but if you bought a copy that had a code in either the manual or a seperate sleeve, you can get the nail gun and double axe weapons which help IMMENSLEY.

So far, im enjoying this.

Can't confirm the framerate issue being removed AT ALL! Try to run down any major street in town and you'll be hardly able to make a few steps without a hiccup AND some serious freezes every now and then. That was the major problem with this game and it's still there!

Edited by onikPL

Can't confirm the framerate issue being removed AT ALL! Try to run down any major street in town and you'll be hardly able to make a few steps without a hiccup AND some serious freezes every now and then. That was the major problem with this game and it's still there!

Yea, I know. It's still very bad. It's been so bad sometimes that i've frozen for up to 3-5 seconds before being able to move again.

I only finished it for the first time last night. It's a great game ... but flawed by technical faults.

• 2 weeks later...
Yea, I know. It's still very bad. It's been so bad sometimes that i've frozen for up to 3-5 seconds before being able to move again.

I only finished it for the first time last night. It's a great game ... but flawed by technical faults.

Now its mostly fixed, played it through with no noticable issues.