I like short games... am i the only one?

Destro

Now don't get me wrong, not talking avatar style. I am talking games like COD, Battlefield 4, that game surprised me a lot, i got it from EA acces and must have play the whole campaign in 2 sittings... i swear it was less than COD.

I actually like this set up, you see i am an online gamer the most, but i like to do campaign here and there, BUT if they are too long and drag and drag i usually let them go for some weeks/month before coming back. I do love a long game like Skyrim, don't confuse an RPG with the shooters or something like that. Achievements are not needed to be a full 1000 or such, if the campaign rack me up 400-500 GS im happy.

Do you have any sugestion either on X1 or 360? I know about Force Unleashed 2, wich one day ill probably get, or wait til it get free lol. But any sugestion for short shooters, Beat em all, or games like that, games i can do in 6-7 hours max, and still rack a decent ammount of point, but they need to be at least entertaining or good, no turd plz.

For exemple how about the xmen games, never played them, are there any good?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've gravitated more to short campaigns/stories (stuff like the point and click games or digital titles like Ori and Valiant Hearts), as well as MMOs. MMOs may sound the oppostite of "short" but I feel that I can jump on for shorter periods of time and still feel accomplished getting little bits of the map cleared, doing a handful of quests and a dungeon in an hour.

I absolutely love RPGs, but I have let Dragon Age and Witcher sit (purchased but not started) because I know it'll be tough to get really invested in them with the amount of time I get to play each night.

Edited by The Pants Party

Even if I'm short on game time for the days/weeks, I do much prefer longer games for the most part. I like being able to stick with a nice game and be immersed for hours on end, even if that means I'll be stuck with a game for months because of only getting 2-3 hours in per day.

depends really. i do like a long campaign i can get really immersed into but i also dont mind short games. like resident evil remaster. that is a very short game that can be done in under 2 hours but it has replay value.

if it is a short game it needs replay value

if its a long game then i will enjoy it but it would be a long time before i think about replaying it.

sometimes story doesnt even matter as long as the gameplay is there. hack and slash type games come to mind here like ninja gaiden

Does not really bother me it only bothers me if its short and has nothing to really do after the game has finished.

But to me most games I class as short now GTA5 longest single player game I have took me around 3 days to finish shortest would be one of the Call of Dutys around 3-4 hours on normal 5-6 on Veteran but to me its more about detail and story.

but I remember when I was a kid and instead of finishing GTA3 in 3 days took me months to get to the 3rd island and I never finished it I wouldn't mind knowing weather that's normal didn't have much gaming skill as a kid.

With two young children I quite like short games for the most part but for RPG's a minimum of 40hrs is acceptable to me.

I never understand when people complain about a game's length. If you complete it within a a week just trade it in or even return it. CEX in the UK usually give a good price as they need to get the new games in and I just get GAME to give an extra pound. Gamestation were the best though. Buy it, complete within 10 days, return for another one or put it on a gift card.

Length doesn't matter. Its all about how you play the game.

Its all about the quality of the game.

It could be a 3 hour linear campaign or a 70 hour campaign. Its all about if the game is amazing to play throughout the entire experience. I rate Dead Space 2 as one of the best games ever made. Its not all about exploration, its all about combat and going from A-Z but without doing the same thing or seeing the same stuff time and time again. An amazing experience that you can do it about 5-6 hours.

Then you have Fallout and Elder Scrolls which are all about depth, exploration, levelling and can take hundreds of hours, and every single hour is amazing.

Then you have dog shit like KoA which bored the arse of me from start to finish.

Time should never come into game quality except for the time that was spent making it. But for gaming experience its all about the gameplay be in an hour or ten.

Posted by Dr. Seider..

"but I remember when I was a kid and instead of finishing GTA3 in 3 days took me months to get to the 3rd island and I never finished it I wouldn't mind knowing weather that's normal didn't have much gaming skill as a kid."

I think what thats more to do with, is that when the GTA games first arrived, we were all young and those games were sort of our Lego. We spent yonks doing feck all but flying over bridges, smashing into other cars, creating our own type missions. Now, we're older and so we tend to enjoy the GTA games in a sort of A-Z type style rather than dicking about halfway though.

I honestly think I was probably a much better gamer as a kid. I certainly seemed to have more patience. Super Ghouls & Ghosts. Get to the end only to be told you're a bit shit and should try it on an even harder setting. No saves, just play straight through. And your just sat there like 'Ok :D'. Now, if a game did that these days I'm pretty certain I'd find an OAP and beat them until we're both crying.

Edited by Brako Von Cruel

No, given how big the world is obviously you won't be the only one.

35 hours for an RPG? What the hell? That doesn't even exist.

You can do it for some, mostly the arcade RPGs though a few retail ones and some of those require boosting parts of it such as the Fable games, though for the most part you would have to pretty much skip everything possible, such as side content, and probably skip most cutscenes, etc. too. On the PlayStation side though it's more easily possible, though I'm not sure if he was talking about those or not since this topic is in the Xbox One section and he didn't specify.

Edited by BooneIronshield

Bigg only plays massive open-world WRPGs, forgive him. :p

Not every game is as ambitious as The Witcher or Fallout or Skyrim. 25-35 may be low for RPGs achievement-wise, but perfectly average for a normal run of the story. Hell, even the games I just mentioned really only have a 25-35 hour story, it's just the insane amount of side-quests and exploring and collecting that pump it up. There's an article about the Witcher 3 with the headline "Why The Witcher 3 is 25 or 200 hours long" - not everyone is a completionist, and not everyone gives a shit about a poor farmer's pigs to find (or whatever generic side quests we get sent on), or playing Gwent/collecting cards, etc.

I think as achievement hunters and completionists, we are able to see a lot more content in games than other people who just follow the story and move on to something else. A blessing, but also a curse. :)

Edited by The Pants Party

As I've gotten older, I miss being able to play through entire games. Actually, I still play through to the end of games, but it means usually that I get to play fewer and fewer new releases, have a huge backlog, and often skip some side content which bums me out. Still, I want to play as many games as possible. I've found myself skipping massive RPGs these days as a result, which is so sad as I usually love those games. But in the time it takes to play Witcher 3 when you only have an hour a night to play, I could have probably beaten 20 other single player narrative driven games. Ugh

Even if I am just quick on activity period with the days/weeks, I really do much desire extended video games for the most part. I favor having the capacity to follow a great activity and stay absorbed regarding long periods of time, even though meaning I will be jammed which has a activity regarding weeks due to merely obtaining 3-4 a long time throughout per day.

http://wigunpics.science/14/g.png