Achievements popping like crazy...

MightyPeter

So my brother came home from London a few days ago, and he's been playing Gears 2 forever (1750/1750) and we played horde split-screen...

As soon a we started, a sh*tload of achivements popped for me, and I've never played it online.

Veteran gear clearly says that you need to play on all Snowblind maps, and I didn't even get to finish one game on any of them...

Since I haven't been online in ages, I can't even recover my account to erase this crap, shouldn't something like this have been patched ages ago?

This really pissed me off, I'm getting a 12 month gold in a few weeks and looked forward to grinding in both Gears 2 & 3, but now it kinda takes some of the fun away...

/ angry rant

That is odd. But you will find little to no sympathy here as most people would kill for Veteran Gear to pop immediately. Unfortunately once you have achievements on a played game in your Game History it can never be deleted or modified. You would have to start a new account to get a fresh start.

Starting a new account is out of the question, got 100k+ GS and lots of XBLA & DLC on this account...

This can't be an isolated incident, so other people must have the same problem?

I guess I'll grind Gears 2 on my GF's account, but I'm afraid to play with her incase the same thing happens to her account...

Starting a new account is out of the question, got 100k+ GS and lots of XBLA & DLC on this account...

I guess I'll grind Gears 2 on my GF's account, but I'm afraid to play with her incase the same thing happens to her account...

Well I guess you're even since they took over 35k gs from you.

your gamercard on the left says 64210 GS, not 100,00 + ...

I haven't been online in god knows how long, that's why I don't want to just recover my account.

I live pretty much outside the map, and have been using satellite internet that has pretty much 0.0001kb/s upload capabilities, but they finally built an adsl station here!

I was soo stoked to finally get to play online, but I guess I'll have to go straight to Gears 3 :(

Actually a friend of mine had the exact same problem you have. We made the mistake of him signing onto my xbox just like what you did, and he unlocked 3 or 4 cheevos, (This was a while ago) and Xbox/M$/whoever erased all of his progress. Seriously 2.0, his level, and the other various cheevos that he hadn't completed.

So he was pissed. Still good friends somehow though lol

So my brother came home from London a few days ago, and he's been playing Gears 2 forever (1750/1750) and we played horde split-screen...

As soon a we started, a sh*tload of achivements popped for me, and I've never played it online.

Veteran gear clearly says that you need to play on all Snowblind maps, and I didn't even get to finish one game on any of them...

Since I haven't been online in ages, I can't even recover my account to erase this crap, shouldn't something like this have been patched ages ago?

This really pissed me off, I'm getting a 12 month gold in a few weeks and looked forward to grinding in both Gears 2 & 3, but now it kinda takes some of the fun away...

/ angry rant

Second Profile Glitch. You should be happy, you got Veteran Gear for free.

Second Profile Glitch. You should be happy, you got Veteran Gear for free.

Why the hell haven't they patched something as serious as this?

It isn't really an achievement when I haven't "achieved" anything...

So I guess playing split-screen with with my GF will do the same thing to her GT?

She would probably try to kill me if anything like that happened to her :eek:

She's really into co-op shooters, we've beat Gears 1&2 on Insane, Halo 1-3 on Legendary and both RB6 Vegas on Realistic...

Why the hell haven't they patched something as serious as this?

It isn't really an achievement when I haven't "achieved" anything...

So I guess playing split-screen with with my GF will do the same thing to her GT?

She would probably try to kill me if anything like that happened to her :eek:

She's really into co-op shooters, we've beat Gears 1&2 on Insane, Halo 1-3 on Legendary and both RB6 Vegas on Realistic...

Patch? You do realize that it's Epic Games, right? There's still shitty hit detection, insane host advantage, rank resets and other bullshit.

I figured this out on accident a while back. If the person in the second player position has the cheevos, it will unlock them for the first player. Unfortunately it seems to only work around the leveling cheevos and not the rest. On the flip side of the coin I found out that if you log into a second gamertag while the game is loading up it will erase all in game progress for player 1. I accidentally lost all progress 2 times by loading my wife into the game as we were loading the disc. I was glad that I could give my wife the veteran gear cheevo, just wish that I could have given her seriously 2.0 as well.

Edited by L1 SyCo L1

I always get issues like this when I sign in a 2nd account to boost cheevos in games splitscreen. Happened in Splinter cell conviction when all I wanted to do was run through game again on a different profile. Immediately 4 or 5 random cheevos popped up. WTF.

Happened more recently in borderlands when I signed in my 2nd profile. The entire neds dlc cheevos popped for it, and i wasnt even playing the dlc! WTF. Makes me think twice about ever recovering my profile on another system!

Oh and getting veteran gear for free? No way. Thats the last achievement I would ever want for free! Mile high club on the other hand... lol

So...by loading a 2nd account to play co-op on one disc/xbox, you get random amounts of achievements pop for no reason?

Thats poor coding, surely? And should be patched by Epic, like the OP asks. I could be wrong, but I'm just thinking logically.

Yep I'm guessing this is kinda how gamesavers/glitchers copy achievements.

Oh and "Epic" and "logically" shouldn't be anywhere near each other :woop:

Let me get this straight, is it only when the recovered profile playing second controller has the achievements that the first controller gets them? Does this still work if the first player has them and the second player doesn't? I have a friend coming over to hit up the gears 25xp with me and I don't just want to get them.

Let me get this straight, is it only when the recovered profile playing second controller has the achievements that the first controller gets them? Does this still work if the first player has them and the second player doesn't? I have a friend coming over to hit up the gears 25xp with me and I don't just want to get them.

No, Ive had this happen just by signing in a 2nd profile to boost with in numerous games. Ive never recovered my profile on another system. This problem makes me loath to try it tho.