Halo: Reach = upsetting

josherpillage

It's not like you can spawn with the most powerful guns in the loadouts, they are still hidden around the maps. The loadouts serve for more objective/playstyle variations. Not everyone likes using the starter AR, so they added options to spawn with other low grade - mid grade weapons.

The armor upgrades I'm undecided about. They look fun... but over powered? I don't think so as of yet... from what I've seen they all have their drawbacks. Although the vidoc did say there would be more upgrades in the final game that we wont see until then.

But if you check their wiki page(I know not reliable) it says they are making it.

yeah definitely unreliable, Bungie, Microsoft & 343 have all mentioned this on a few occasions that this is Bungie's final Halo game before 343 steps in (well they already have with Halo Legends, but that's a different story!).

After this, Bungie have noted to be working on a new IP which by that time they'll be completely independent of MSGS.

I think its messed up, many things wrong with the beta like.

Jet packs overall are just not fair. People fly straight up into the air until they kill you.

Combining Sprint and the Energy Sword (MLC from MW2)

The Radar Jammer on the invisibility ability.

Armor Lock.... That's all I have to say.

Now come argue with me......

Jet packs overall are just not fair. People fly straight up into the air until they kill you.

What's there to argue about? You pretty much named all the armor abilities strong points. I'm pretty sure that was the original idea, and from the way you make it sound, there is no "one" that dominates over the others. So it sounds balanced.

.. You do realize that there have been other games that have done "loadouts" and etc WAY before Modern Warfare, right? lol.

And the only thing that has bugged me is the grenade launcher.. which isn't really that hard to use unless you don't have good perception, haha. It just seems like when more people actually get to play the game, it'll be a weapon that'll make the H3 rocket launcher look like an assault rifle.

How's this for an argument:

Jetpacks-> Are you saying that a person flying out in the open, away from all cover, and with limited lateral mobility, is too powerful? Sounds to me like the Jetpack isn't the problem.

Sprint/Sword-> I'll give you this one for now, sounds like something that needs to be tweaked before launch.

Jammer/Cloak-> Honestly, what would be the point of cloaking if the person could still tell exactly where you were at by looking at the radar?

Armor Lock-> Similar to my Jetpack point. Are you saying that a person completely unable to move, shoot back at you, or otherwise harm you in any way somehow has an advantage over you?

And before you bring it up, no I haven't had the chance to play yet, but even if there are valid balancing issues; THAT'S IS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE BETA!!!! To find out if certain aspects of the game are unbalanced or glitchy so they can fix/adjust things as needed before the final launch of the game. People keep forgetting this is a Beta TEST and not a finalized demo.

Bungie are practically masters at balance,I don't seen anything to be worried about.Everyone can pick from the same loadouts from the start.There's no upgrades.I'm glad they're doing something to freshen up Halo.I played Halo 2 on the last day of original XBL,then Halo 3 and it still felt largely the same.That's not a bad thing as Halo is one of my favorite franchises but change would be nice :p.Reach still looks like Halo to me,but with some welcome changes IMO.

Agreed, honestly it all looks friggin' awesome! I wouldn't classify myself as a purist and definitely Bungie figured out how to make things work a long time ago.

I trust their judgment proven in their approach that fun comes first. So if they've even opted to do something different and changed things up a bit it likely will be a lot of fun.

I don't think any of the new weapons and abilities are game breaking as they all seem pretty well balanced and counter each other, they will definitely change the gameplay at a tactical level having to think more 1080 than ever before. Sounds cool to me.

Well except that multiple plasma grenade launcher...that just sounds deliciously evil.

Until I spawn-die 7 times in a row from that plasma grenade launcher thing....I'm looking forward to this. ;)

A jetpack guy

against a bright blue sky

looks like a nice target to me

When you sprint with the sword, the sword isn't out. You have to pause and then stab. The real good combo is the hammer and sprint. I had a killing frenzy with it.

Yeah, the hammer plus sprint is pretty good from what I've seen, though I haven't used it much.

The shotgun seems more effective than the sword now, though. You can melee with any weapon you have to clash with the sword, so it makes sword usage a little bit harder (though it sometimes seems to be glitched and your melee doesn't always connect with the sword).

Yeah, the hammer plus sprint is pretty good from what I've seen, though I haven't used it much.

The shotgun seems more effective than the sword now, though. You can melee with any weapon you have to clash with the sword, so it makes sword usage a little bit harder (though it sometimes seems to be glitched and your melee doesn't always connect with the sword).

Is that what it is? I just thought it was glitched or something. Good find!

I agree.. the hammer is ready to use when sprinting but the sword, thats another story.

Are you to stupid to realize that all those abilities have down falls.

Jet Pack: you have NO cover in air and needlers can take you out easy

Guard: your shields don't recharge and people can counter that so easy now

Sprint/Roll: you can't shoot during it, it's used to get from "A to B" and retreat

Stalker: you can't hear, the radar thing happen to you too

I just can't see how you can bash these amazing things that have ups and downs.

Have you even played the beta? You choose from 4 perks, that's it. Everything else is on the map. And if MLG would pick up a game that's not the newest version, it would be Halo 1. Halo 3 sucked compared to the other two.

Yeah, I'm still not a fan of the weapons being ON the map. Much rather start with my weapons loadout.

Definitely will buy this one used, or on the bargain bin. Not really enough "perks" to make it worth a pre-order.

I for one absolutely love the beta. At first I too was hesitant and concerned over a few details of change from previous games, but I totally dig the evolution I see.

I mainly use Sprint/Armour Lock. My team and I have pretty good teamwork and if someone is in trouble they will shell up and wait for help then get right back into the fight.

Whoever said the jetpack is overpowered is laughable to say the least. Nothing gets you killed faster than blasting yourself up into the middle of a battlefield so that everyone on the enemy team can hit you and you can't dodge.

I love all the new guns, except the DMR and Human Nade launcher. Everything else I really dig, especially the beam rifle and covie nade launcher.

The removal of dual wield is also a huge plus. I hated the constant rock/paper/scissors of having to use certain gun combos in order to dominate. Good choice Bungie.

I await invasion mode ever so much.