My Guide to NYM: Hardcore

Infernal

Yeah you unlock different avatars for you multiplayer loadouts. In other words you can unlock characters. The bullshit part of this, you have to go PLATINUM on Score Attack + NYM.

Mmm that sucks stuck atm on chapter 10 on NYM want to get this done and get good internet somtime soon to get my multiplayer cheevos out of the way, ill make a couple of attempts at NYMHC but i see myself raging a lot

Any other benifits on getting Platinum on Chapters besides leaderboard times. Sorry bout all the questions im deployed and the internet here isnt that great to be surfing around for answers.

You also unlock a black and white version of Classic and Old School Max for Arcade modes. They are awesome IMO, makes them look like graphic novel drawings, and also kind of like ghosts.

• 1 month later...
Nice guide Infernal! :) I agree with all of your points. I am still pretty indecisive, if I want to try New York Mode Hardcore, just because I have heard about all the glitches and every time I have played the campaign, I have died a lot! I don't know I will think about attempting this.. but I am scared

Do it, it's not bad at all.

• 3 months later...
If you're struggling with Chapter 3, then wait until the Panama and Police HQ Chapters :p

Thanks for the encouragement lol! I was already dreading the police station... On the plus side I am getting very good at getting lots of time built up on chapters 1 and 2. I just keep dying the most absurd deaths on chapter 3, it is getting to be way less of a struggle though.

Edited by TheSaferHouse

Thanks for the encouragement lol! I was already dreading the police station... On the plus side I am getting very good at getting lots of time built up on chapters 1 and 2. I just keep dying the most absurd deaths on chapter 3, it is getting to be way less of a struggle though.

GOOD LUCK!!! :p Once you complete Chapter 3 though, it becomes somewhat of a walk in the park. The Police Station isn't that bad, just make sure you don't fuck up when the tank starts drilling away at you behind cover. That's honestly the only hard part. Fighting Bachmayer (was that his name?) and Becker wasn't hard at all. Anyways, keep trying at it!!!

GOOD LUCK!!! :p Once you complete Chapter 3 though, it becomes somewhat of a walk in the park. The Police Station isn't that bad, just make sure you don't fuck up when the tank starts drilling away at you behind cover. That's honestly the only hard part. Fighting Bachmayer (was that his name?) and Becker wasn't hard at all. Anyways, keep trying at it!!!

Thanks, I'm not giving up! I've managed to get to around chapter 9 or 10 a couple times now... disc 1 is getting easier and easier lol

• 1 month later...

I have made around 8 attempts so far, but only 4 of them have been "natural" game deaths. The rest are stuff like cutscene freezing in chapter 7, random grenade exploding in chapter 6 after killing the last guy of the big awful office room, there was no grenade indicator on screen, so what the hell? Also, one death from dying instanly in last stand situation in chapter 7. I had lot of time and painkillers but the game just decides to kill me for fun without giving a chance.