Hey Mom, Look At Me!

j9292

Took me 115 tries before I got it.

Could have been way harder, and besides, not only do you not have to restart the level every time (which is what I thought at first), you get an audible warning when you fail it.

This is trials evolution, you should have known the achievements would be hard when you signed up.

Edited by Elite Mouse

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Took me 115 tries before I got it.

Could have been way harder, and besides, not only do you not have to restart the level every time (which is what I thought at first), you get an audible warning when you fail it.

This is trials evolution, you should have known the achievements would be hard when you signed up.

I love how the game taunts you when you drop the front wheel down. Only made me that much more determined to get it. Luckily, it only took me about 20 minutes to get it. Restarted at the checkpoint maybe 100 faults. It's challenging, but if you put your mind to it, it won't take long to get it.

GJ! Gecko or Phoenix?

I personally have better results with Phoenix but some ppl say Gecko is better. I personally hate it in this achievement lol

I used the Phoenix for a few minutes, then switched over to the Gecko. Tried that for only like 10 faults and didn't like it. Didn't really have the speed, it seems, to stay steady. Switched back to the Phoenix and nailed the achievement a few minutes later.

I also did it with the phoenix, I'm just not that good at controlling the rider like that to use the Gecko.

I think it's a subjective achievement as I found Golding all the tracks not too much hassle as I am quite experienced nowadays, but I'm not the best at finely controling the bike like that, as I said before, mine was half skill half luck.

In hindsight, this achievement was the one I hated getting the most, the only one I had to really grind at and the only one I didn't enjoy, so for meit was the hardest.

There will be people out there who can get this who cannot get Gold on extreme, so as I said, subjective.

Yeah for me getting gold on skills games and easy to hard tracks was a cake walk and I know I can get gold on those extreme tracks as I have get gold on all the original tracks but I just wanted to get this out the way... For me this is crazy hard as it's also something that you don't actually need in this game so I haven't bothered to actually learn how to wheelie.

You serious? That could help immensly.

It does work, found it myself too :D

Someone over on the redlynx forum also said it worked for them... Although a lot of other said it was cheating but hey ho, if it gets you the achievement who cares haha

EDIT: Here's the video for proof i suppose... Done it on my missus' account :) as you can see, i settle on the ledge and then go for it... Both wheels on the floor of the ledge... then achievement at the end :)

Edited by DJSmurf2009
added video proof

Pad has gone across the room numerous times now. All the people coming on here saying its not hard - I hate you!!!

Easily a 1000 attempts so far and probably 3 or 4 years taken off my lifespan.

If your finding it difficult and want an easy way to get the achievement, check my video out dude... You can land on one of the ledges with both wheels and still get the achievement.

Someone over on the redlynx forum also said it worked for them... Although a lot of other said it was cheating but hey ho, if it gets you the achievement who cares haha

How can they say it's cheating. You would think something that obvious (an object not set to a hit trigger tied to the achievement's coding) would be done on purpose and not missed by Redlynx, but I suppose anything's possible.

:eek: You make it look so easy. Are you accelerating the entire time?

Near enough the whole time yeah, its just a case of perseverance really bud, you say i make it look so easy but you can see it took me 151 tries on that video and about 28 mins and 460+ tries on another hahaha Keep at it, you'll get it sooner or later :) just make sure you settle yourself on the ledge and figure out how your going to approach the final hill...

One thing about the ledge that makes this achievement easier: I faulted a lot trying to get onto it. If you don't think you're going to make it to the ledge just try to finish like normal.

^This! I landed 30 times out on the safe ledge out of 1500 attempts, and I was unsuccessful on the last jump everytime. Messed up like 20 times trying to land on the safe ledge. Also I couldn't ever make the final jump from that ledge. I don't think I had enough momentum. (Not skillful enough)

I had a flawless run just now without using the safe ledge and didn't see the achievement pop. I was so pissed! :uzi:But then I checked my list and I already had it or the notice didn't pop up this time. Confirmed on Xbox.com that it wasn't a glitch. Thank goodness. :woop:I had another run that I thought was perfect before, but sometimes the sound that signals you touched the ground is really quiet.

One last hint if you're flipped backwards right before the safety ledge (basically the ledge on top) try braking and you'll flip back over and land safely on the "safe" ledge. I only got this to work once, but can't hurt to try.

Good luck everyone.

Edited by Crash Geom