How I Did DEI Contract - 2nd Race

gastricvenus

First off, I want to thank bockey 69, Turbo VDub 44, and mad props to n8ryder for helping me with this. On to the good stuff!!

Okay, I tried doing this a few times before it worked, but IT WILL WORK!! At the start of the race, draw 5 cautions. This will take you to lap 20/28. Pray that the field doesn't decide to pit before then, you should still be in back (43rd) if they don't (if you are all of a sudden in first, restart the race.)

Start racing if all is well. Yes the pack will pull away there's nothing you can do about that. Race till lap 27. Usually at this point the leader should have no more than a 27 second lead on you. Be sure you are on lap 27 and the rest of the pack has not advanced to 28.

Draw another caution. You should have enough time to pull it off before the pack advances to lap 28. It is CRUCIAL that you make sure the pack will not advance to lap 28 when you pull the 6th caution. You will start at the end of lap 30.

Provided the AI doesn't pit, on lap 31 about 1/2 the field will run out of gas during turn 1. Whatever you do, STAY HIGH!! The cars that run out of gas will go low. If you pass the disabled cars below the line you will get black flagged. Pass the disabled cars high, this should put you about 26th by turn 2.

Again stay high. The rest of the field should pit leaving you in first with the white flag, and finishing first!!

It should work most of the time. I did finish 3rd once while doing this so it's not guaranteed. But all the times I tried this strategy, at least 1/2 the field ran out of gas on lap 31, so it should give you a fighting chance.

Good Luck!!

I just did the 4th race, and think I might have a "plan B". If the caution strategy isn't working for some reason, do an extra caution at the beginning (7 cautions instead of 6). I think you are almost guaranteed to have the AI pit once during these cautions. But, since it is a 2 pit race, that's okay.

Try the same method from the 2nd race. Get to lap 37, draw a caution. If the AI doesn't pit, 1/2 of them will run out of gas and the rest of the field should pit. Leaving you in 1st when the white flag drops. You should have anywhere from 2.6 to 2.4 gallons of fuel at this point (I didn't look but I know it's close to this).

The way I see it, if the AI wants to screw you on pit strategy, make them run out of gas!! :)

Hope this helps.

• 4 years later...

Thank you Thank you thank you! I know its been years since you wrote this but I'm just now back to trying to get 100% on this with my save getting lost. Just spent 3 hours on this race and the third time using this method was the charm. Key being not to pass any cars until you cross the finish line on the restart, otherwise you will drop spots. Finished first twice, but the first time I didn't wait until full restart to pass and got third in the final standings.

Thanks so much

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Ive seen a couple different strats to get thru this contract. I know some of you say not to pit, but I pitted on my 3rd caution and made major adjustments on my car. Took wedge to 47.8%, trackbar to 7", fl 38 psi, fr 55 psi, rl 34 psi, and rl 48 psi. This pulled car down to the track, helped in draft, carried speed thru the turns and definitely helped with the overall control of the car. I drew a 4th caution after the adjustments and restarted 43rd with 8 laps left. I just wated for the rest of the field to pit and cruised to easy victory. Even if the AI pits and you restart first, just hold the yellow line and the higher air pressure allows greater control and the AI cannot pass with the extra speed you pick up. I know im super late posting this, but I just found you guys.

• 5 months later...

Great tip, this strategy works perfect on this Red Bull's 4th 2-pit stop race, I made cautions until I reached lap 28/38, then raced few laps. Around lap 34 stupid AI made caution but it worked the same like me do it on lap 37, I didn't pit on last caution and that put in front for last 2 laps.