Ideal Startup

fletcher2989

Tali and Liara are good allies. I like Adept with Assault Rifle bonus talent. Put no points into pistols, armor, intimidate, or charm. It is a badass character. Other people like to play as a Soldier. I could never give up the biotic powers but other people like to use the assault rifle and shoot things.

:offtopic: How many times are we gonna have to listen about your character??? :p Its like everytime you answer a question it ends up with: My biotic character with assault rifle, blah, blah, blah...;)

Example:

How long does it take to finish a playthrough?

Shinobi: Well it depends on how many assignments you do it will probably be like X hours... My biotic character its awesome with his assault rifle.

Is bioshock good?

Shinobi. Yeah its a great game, i would also reccomend Mass Effect, i have a biotic character with assault rifle and no talent points wasted there that kicks ass.

Im sorry i really needed to say it :p.

lol I suppose I could just not answer his many times asked question... Your examples are over the top. I will delete it just for you, go ahead and tell him what the ideal setup is.

No i think your answers are great, i was just making an observation, nothing personal you know... since i qouted your post no need of adding anything... Besides if you plan on deleting all your answers with "character bragging included", you will end up with half of your mass effect posts:p... I just use that Bioshock example cause i know you post there (cause it seems you post on all the threads i do).

I'm already 3 hours in and a vanguard, but I was wondering what would be the ideal set up for the game, like should i have been a soldier or an engineer or...what? thanks....and since im a vanguard, who should be in my party? haha

If you are only going to play the game once, then that is a tough question.

If you are going for all of the achievements with 3+ playthroughs....then I recommend starting off with a solider on either casual or normal. This gets you used to the weapons and combat plus it's a rather easy set up if you partner with a biotic and a tech. Then when you play through again play as a biotic or tech and while you die faster, you have cool new powers to add to your combat prowess you gained in your previous playthrough.

if you have played any of the KOTOR games before, vanguard is the best to go through as first IMHO

first time playing a bioware game, soldier

in terms of squad members, i found wrex invaluable, the bugger just doesnt die :D

i think you should have a balanced squad, so there should always be someone with tech, and someone with biotic's in your squad

i personally cant live without biotics, so i normally am a biotic then have either liara or wrex on my squad