For the love of god people...

The Reaper0

Can someone make a post of the site explaining why BF3 is going to be running at a lower graphical setting on the xbox? Seriously I'm so sick of reading 10,000 comments saying its DICE's fault. How do people not understand that the Xbox is outdated?

30 FPS? Big deal the majority of games ANYONE has played whilst on console has more than likely ran at 30 FPS. With the exception of COD, rhythm games and a few racing games I can't name any big titles that run at 60 FPS.

720p? NEARLY EVERY XBOX GAME OUTPUTS AT 720P seriously go and wiki what upscaling is, because that's what happens. I can only name one game which outputs 1080p and I'm not even sure about that. 720p is upscaled to 1080p, deal with it.

Its like saying to someone make Crysis 2 run on Ultra settings on a computer with components from 2005, and you're not allowed to upgrade anything. Everyone is expecting too much.

In truth? consoles need the next generation to hit because its gotten to the point where comparing console gpu settings to pc is laughable.

I cannot understand how people love their consoles so much but are not willing to understand how they work.

You don't find a car enthusiast who doesn't know how a combustion engine works do you?

Ok, I'm done venting.

Edited by The Reaper0

To be fair I don't get why people care so much about graphics. As long as I can see what is going on and the game is fun I have no reason to care about the graphics. Moaning about games too much defeats the point of them being enjoyable :p

YES

I play nearly always in 720p because it's too much hassle to swap between component/hdmi whilst recording gameplay. It does not bother me.

Gameplay matters, graphics do not.

More so with MP focused games, like BF3. I mean really once you play the campaign it isn't that much of a big deal.

Good point, and well made. Let's just hope some of the people you are referring to get a chance to read this.

Yep and they'll continue to be arrogant and ignorant. I'm expecting a massive wall of words spelled incorrectly abusing me and all around flaming me.

Edited by The Reaper0

Yeah, what is the big deal... the graphics generally speaking looking bloody good anyways... people worry too much these days. Give 'em monochrome stick men and ask them to rely on their imagination, then they'd have something to complain about.

Exactly. You know what the point of having more pixels is? To get more definition.

The way the human eye works is that the closer you get the more detail there has to be to maintain the illusion of realism, so for a lot of people they will not notice the difference because they'll be sitting 2-4 feet back from the tv.

Whereas on PC you're nearly always sitting less than a foot away from the screen. Pc games that run at a lower res and settings look shit, because you're close enough to notice it.

Seriously try it out, put a game on the lowest detail settings and step 3-4 feet back and you will see for yourself.

To stop people from complaining about the bad graphics once and for all bring back PS2 cartoony graphics..look at the good graphics of Borderlands, Dead To Right Retribution, Enslaved, Crackdown2, L.A. Noire, GTA San Andreas, Vice City and 3. I would love for PS2 cartoony graphics to make a return and we can shut up complaining and just enjoy gaming like we used to back in the PS2 days. After playing few of the new games the graphics made me realised how much I missed the PS2 classic cartoony graphics and that all Devs should use Namco Bandai's Dead To Right Retribution and Enslaved's graphics, Borderlands and L.A. Noire's. If not then the complaining continues for years and years.

am i blind or something cause i can never make the diffrence between 60 and 30 fps.

I think most people, even half the people bitching about it can't tell the difference. I know the main aspect i look for is gameplay and how enjoyable it is.

I think EA and/or Dice should have just said, "new Battlefield game coming in October, going to be fun, go buy it" and all those complaining techno geeks would bought the game and not noticed the difference.

Saints Row 2, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Call of Duty: Black Ops all run at 640p. Yup, you're right, most games do run at 720p. Red Dead Redemption 1080p? I'll look... nope, it's 720p. Well anyway, 720p is enough for this generation of consoles. We've got upscaling anyway which is always better than nothing. 30 FPS is absolutely fine though. BC2 ran at 30 FPS, I admit, sometimes it was a little choppy but I think it's more the frame rate dropping than being at 30 FPS (Because frame-rate changes).

We definately do need new consoles. I'm guessing they'll be announced in 2014 at the latest and 2012 E3 earliest.

To be fair I don't get why people care so much about graphics. As long as I can see what is going on and the game is fun I have no reason to care about the graphics. Moaning about games too much defeats the point of them being enjoyable :p

I'm more concerned about the difference in player numbers between console and PC. I'd gladly sacrifice more graphical fidality to get it to even 32 players instead of 24.

things like the pre-orders and 30fps are just people trying to find something to cry about because they couldn't find anything wrong with the gameplay or how good it looks when they already saw it running. the game looks fine on consoles, and really it's the pc players that pick everything apart. we console players put up with a ton of tiny graphical flaws with most games. that does not make them bad

I'm more concerned about the difference in player numbers between console and PC. I'd gladly sacrifice more graphical fidality to get it to even 32 players instead of 24.

I've played 64 player games before and I found them to be... well crowded, I even find BFBC2 on pc to be just a little crowded, that only has another 8. I'm quite happy with the current 24, it doesn't bother me.

EDIT: I even found going from 8 players to 10 on Gears 2 was silly. :/

They have already said that the maps on console are scaled down versions of the maps on PC, however to compensate for this they've expanded the area air vehicles can fly in to be way more than what the PC air vehicle boundaries are.

Edited by The Reaper0

I have seen some posts out there berating the FPS. I, for one, do not care. The Battlefield series has been a great one IMO. I have this game pre-ordered, and will be happy with it, even if the graphics are identical to BFBC2. Give me new content, and I am a happy camper (no pun intended).

Edited by xKRAIZEEMANx

I've played 64 player games before and I found them to be... well crowded, I even find BFBC2 on pc to be just a little crowded, that only has another 8. I'm quite happy with the current 24, it doesn't bother me.

Yeah my friends and I would actively seek out smaller servers in Battlefield 2, the 64 player matches just never felt as fun as smaller ones for some reason...Same with Counter strike source, can't stand to play anything bigger than 8 or 9 a side.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, if graphics don't matter, devs would just put 240p graphics in, maybe retro style...how does that sound? In this case, Battlefield 3's graphics will get people to buy it. It wouldn't feel like Battlefield 3 without the graphics. Nice post OP. I'm sure people just bitch and moan because they got nothing else better to do! BFBC2 is 30fps and 720p, nobody bitched about that! Plus to those, 720p and 1080p looks the same.

YES

I play nearly always in 720p because it's too much hassle to swap between component/hdmi whilst recording gameplay. It does not bother me.

Gameplay matters, graphics do not.

More so with MP focused games, like BF3. I mean really once you play the campaign it isn't that much of a big deal.

if anything, a MP game with stunning graphics tends to distract me from the gameplay, as i tend to focus on the amazing visuals rather than the fact that the amazing visual is an assault rifle, that is about to cut my ass down, hahaha

i joke, but i actually was getting distracted in the alpha, when i got to the subway i kept looking around the environement rather than playing, though that was partly due to the game being new, and not out yet, so i wanted to see what all it had to offer...

All that matters is how much I am going to pwn with ma mate. The game could be running at 2 frame per second. i wouldn't care. lulz

2 fps is a bit low:p

People are way too ignorant about some things, why wouldn't you want to know and understand just how this amazing thing that keeps you captivated for upwards of 6-7 hours at a time works?