bitching thread

I was thinking about trying that. Do i need to back up my saves or will deleting the game not affect the saves? Not really sure as i haven't had problems like this before.

No deleting the game won't affect your saves. When you go in you'll see the actual game and game saves, delete the game and leave the rest there. You may end up having to start a new world if the crashing won't stop. Your save could be corrupted.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coming from playing a crap load of RPGs, manual save has become an instinct of mine. To be honest, I'd rather the game not have an auto save system (mind you, this is only an opinion, I understand that a lot of people prefer it).

I'm not sure when would be the best time to auto save; I trial-build often, and if it doesn't look great, I exit without saving and start again. If the game auto saved when I was trial building, it would be a great annoyance. Of course, if the game allowed multiple saves in one world, this wouldn't be an issue, but that's not the case.

Say, if the game auto saved when going to bed, but the game mechanics allowed monsters to interrupt your sleep, what then? Would it save or not (it shouldn't, since you technically did not sleep)? The developer would have a give the commend a clear definition. And this would also mean that you'd need a bed to "auto-save," so why not just manual save...

Anyway, I don't really see the good it'd do, since I'm sure there are a lot of people who trial-build like I do.

personally id like it to have the same system the PC does where its saving constantly, you never loose any work on the PC but at the same time you cant just reload when the something goes wrong which to me is brilliant, the tension of fighting creepers kind of vanishes when you can just reload if it damages anything.

I agree on the tension part, it's is also why I haven't changed it to Easy and don't reload when my house is blown up (happened a few times, lol)

My focus was only on the building aspect. Since there's no Creative mode on XBox, yet, many things would cost their ingredients, and it's quite a pain if I'm trial building :)

I didn't know there was already auto save on PC, it's quite curious why it's not incorporated on XBox, then.

well its not really an auto save its an actual persistent world which im not sure is possible on the xbox

but i think a large part of it is the 360 version seems to baby players through the game alot more than the pc , the tutoral, crafting system and everything just shows this

Well the crafting interface would be welcome on PC, yes it's easy but it beats memorising all the recipes.

Though, i'd kill for quicker scrolling through the hotbar. Mouse wheel is missed when playing.

Well the crafting interface would be welcome on PC, yes it's easy but it beats memorising all the recipes.

Though, i'd kill for quicker scrolling through the hotbar. Mouse wheel is missed when playing.

id hate it on PC, memorizing the recipes is annoying but knowing everything possible to create from the start is just wrong IMO, some nice middle ground where it only showed you what you could create from what you had and you still had to put it on the grid yourself would be a nice addition though so you could still discover new things but didnt need to keep running to wiki

I had the weirdest thing yesterday, I joined my friends game and for some reason the frame rate was fucked. It was dropping to what looked and felt like 10fps (Having played MC alpha on short/tiny render distance at like 20fps for a while it was obvious). The single player was fine and no it wasn't lag as blocks were breaking fine as per usual.

Never happened before either and is fine now.

Fuck you Minecraft...I lost 2-3 hours work because of the stupid freezing shit. Saved and quit, and it finished saving and froze before going to main menu. As I was getting off, I didn't mind, and just turned my console off. Loaded it back up now, and it's took me back to my previous save.

Every time I open the inventory, the game freezes on me. I've read about people having trouble with save & quit, but this is just annoying.

It's happened at least three times in a row. Does anyone thinking that deleting and reloading the game would help?

I only just started so do have a lot of building to worry about yet.

Every time I open the inventory, the game freezes on me. I've read about people having trouble with save & quit, but this is just annoying.

It's happened at least three times in a row. Does anyone thinking that deleting and reloading the game would help?

I only just started so do have a lot of building to worry about yet.

Sounds like its a problem with the save file. Try starting a new world and see if it happens there. Might save you the headache of uninstalling/installing.

Yeah wait for Creative mode (it is coming in later updates, hopefully not long) and we will have new plans on what we will be doing. going to be so much fun.

This probably sounds like a stupid question, but why wasn't it already released with the latest version? How come the PC version is so far ahead in updates?

are you in a specific biome, i know jungles on pc cause me lot of trouble so say mountains or something could be causing you some

Nope just bog standard desert and plains biomes, I did read on the MCF X360 section that being near the edge of the map does cause frame rate issues for non host players. Moving away from the edge and rejoining works.

Weird, it also makes torches go all fucked as well lol.

My epic fail is as follows. Please laugh at my expense. I did.

I have built myself aground floor so far of my house. Wood blocks, planks, stone and cobblestone. Looks nice, so I think. I have done a little bit upstairs so far. But what I really wanted was a basement. So I excavated that under the house to the same dimensions. I then figured I should install a fireplace. So, off I went, gettin Obsidian to create a Nether portal to collect Netherrack. Came back, put the Netherrack in and ignited it. What I didn't think ahead was, I had a wood surround, and ceiling 2 blocks above. Cue, raging fire everywhere. Took out the surround, the ceiling and spread on the ground floor. Took out the entire side wall of my house too. Now I have rebuilt the house, and put in a glass surround.

My epic fail is as follows. Please laugh at my expense. I did.

I have built myself aground floor so far of my house. Wood blocks, planks, stone and cobblestone. Looks nice, so I think. I have done a little bit upstairs so far. But what I really wanted was a basement. So I excavated that under the house to the same dimensions. I then figured I should install a fireplace. So, off I went, gettin Obsidian to create a Nether portal to collect Netherrack. Came back, put the Netherrack in and ignited it. What I didn't think ahead was, I had a wood surround, and ceiling 2 blocks above. Cue, raging fire everywhere. Took out the surround, the ceiling and spread on the ground floor. Took out the entire side wall of my house too. Now I have rebuilt the house, and put in a glass surround.

I laughed then realised I've done stupid things with fire too :p