400 Days Game Breaking Glitch

So, Apparently, there are a lot of people having trouble with the fourth chapter of the new 400 Days Episode (For me, that is Shel's chapter). I've been over to the TellTale Forums, and there are numerous reports of problems, including my own. NOT happy. The glitch in question is one I've also encountered on a second save file in the main game where the "Storage device was disconnected while loading or saving." Consider this both a warning and a plea for help if anyone knows how to fix this. Maybe if we raise enough awareness, TellTale will finally fix this.

Update: It was usually the end of the chapter that glitched (causing me to redo the whole thing), so when I go to the first mid mission save point, I quit out and went to the dashboard. That seemed to be a workaround, but the point stands that I shouldn't need a work around at all!

Edited by lazygammer13

I tried redownloading the update and tried a few other tricks. It should be mentioned that I have the retail version of the game. I did find a sort of workaround (Thus my update on my OP), but I probably went through the thing 7 times before it would work. Like I said, though. There were quite a few posters on the TT forums that were complaining of the same issue.

I have the disc version and had nothing like this happen. Played straight through. Paused maybe twice.

Played this order:

- Vince

- Wyatt

- Shel

- Russel

- Bonnie

Russel gave me no problem (being my 4th). Also, running an older 360 (pre-slim).

Well, not everyone seems to be having it. Here's one of the forums on the matter (there were two or three other ones too, last time I checked). http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47446&highlight=days+storage

Oh I figured. I wasn't saying it didn't happen.

Likewise, people gave me a scare about something with Episode 4 of the main game or something (maybe Episode 3? I don't remember) and the disc version causing all kinds of problems, but I wound up going through the whole game with no problems.

My girlfriend had it freeze at the end of a chapter once, but it still counted her completing it, so it didn't matter.

Yeah. I don't know. I was able to finish it, but about every other time I had a save point, it would screw up, so I would have to constantly be going back to the menu to copy my file over so that I wouldn't have to start episodes over from the beginning. I had to do this into episode five and the epilogue. Whatever. I'm just happy that I got to see the end of it and am ready for a (hopefully glitch free) season 2.

• 1 year later...

:mad:

I purchased The Walking Dead video game last year and played the 5 episodes to completion. A few months ago I purchased the 400 Days DLC and hadn't attempted to try it until recently (as I was involved with playing other games) and discovered that when I attempted to try the DLC my save games were deleted!! I was not happy, so I decided to play the episodes again. I played Shel, then tried to play Wyatt. When I get to the part to play rock, paper, scissors, my game is interrupted with that error of not being able to recognize or find the storage device. Very frustrating!! I stopped the game, cycled the power to the console, reinserted the game and tried again and it did the same thing at the same spot (Wyatt: rock, paper, scissors). Then, I turned the unit off and removed the memory unit, cleaned the contacts with alcohol, vacuumed the dust from the vents in the console, reassembled everything and the error message came back at the same spot AGAIN. So at this point I gave up and am moving on to another game.