A COMPLETE Compilation and Total of Achievements and Gamerscore Possible

J Lo

Over the past couple of months, I have compiled a spreadsheet with the total number of achievements and gamerscore possible across all of the platforms that you can acquire achievements on. At this moment, you're probably thinking, "Big deal. That's pretty easy to do with a calculator and x360a or TrueAchievements." Well, here's where it gets more interesting.

Not only have I calculated a grand total of achievements and gamerscore across all games, but I have also put into account achievements and gamerscore affected by factors such as bad coding by the programmers, server shutdowns, delisted games and more and separated them into three separate categories based on this criteria, which you will see in the sheet. I have also accounted for the total number of achievements and gamerscore affected by these unfortunate events. In the spreadsheet below, you will find six separate sheets: one for retail games, one for arcade games, one for PAL games, one for PC games, one for WP7 games, one for Other Regions and one that calculates the grand total across all of them. As you can see, even if you started achievement hunting today with all of the glitched/unobtainable/delisted achievements, you can still gain 1 million gamerscore.

This took me quite a long time to complete, what with balancing this with my job, class, girlfriend and other daily responsibilities, but I can finally say it is completed. I do plan on updating this often so that we can have an up-to-date account of just how much gamerscore is possible in the present day.

I would like to thank the following people for helping me with this project:

x360a.org for keeping a fantastic list of all of the games that have been released for the Xbox 360 thus far.

TrueAchievements for keeping track of which achievements have been obtained by players and which have not.

The Pants Party for his thread on stackable games, which you can find HERE.

L0Straniero91 for his thread on unachieveable/glitchy achievements, which you can find HERE.

Z3R0 S1X for giving me the idea with his thread, which can be found HERE.

Tractakid for helping me add up the grand totals in the end.

The one and only smrnov for assisting me in moving games to their correct tab based on region since I am clueless when it comes to region locked games.

And last, but certainly not least, the wonderful mods of x360a for (hopefully) giving this thread a Sticky. I worked pretty hard on this and I think everyone here will appreciate it and think it's neat, so hopefully it gets a Sticky.

*NOTE*

This entire spreadsheet was produced and calculated by hand. It is NOT 100% accurate and I know this (on a scale of 1-100, I'd give it a 95.) So PLEASE, when you are looking at the spreadsheet and come across a mistake (spelling mistake, addition mistake, missing game, glitched achievements not taken into account, games in the wrong section, etc.) PLEASE let me know. I already know there's a discrepancy in the Retail sheet, but I can't seem to find it. If you guys find it, that would be greatly appreciated.

Also, if you guys want to keep me updated on what achievements become unobtainable and what games get delisted in the future, that would be awesome too.

Anyways, here is the link for all of you to enjoy:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AolCXCTl4vBgdHl3VExWWWpCLVV0Z1o5QjZuT2gyS2c&hl=en_US

Again, I will try to keep this updated on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. Enjoy!

Edited by J Lo

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have mentioned to you some constructive criticisms regarding region classification, with the best solution being a priority system. All games available in the US, then all available in EU but not US, then all Asian games not available in other regions.

I also mentioned the consequences regarding absolutely region-locked WP7 games.

That is some good work, however I don't know how necessary that info is to the average gamer...

It wasn't intended to be a necessity for anyone. It was supposed to be one of those things that people look at and say "Oh cool." The reason why I did it in spreadsheet for everyone to see was if anyone felt I miscalculated, there's all my proof. I just wanted to piece it together to get a good grip on what the maximum really is...with and without all of the discrepancies achievements face.

I enjoyed doing it for the most part and I will enjoy updating it in the future. I like what I've done and all I can do is hope everyone else appreciates it too. :p

I wasn't doubting the work and it is very impressive I just don't see how it would need a sticky...

I don't know...I don't want it buried underneath all the other threads after a week's time, you know? I want it to be easily accessible right with the glitchy achievements and the stackable games and the region-free stuff and all that. If you think about it, I sort of tied all of those into one in this.

I heard somewhere that Coffeetime Crosswords and Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? have been delisted. Can someone confirm that this is true so I can update the sheet?

yeah that seems to be right, list is here:

http://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?threadid=922684&anchor=1645603

I have requested coffeetime crosswords to be added

And here I thought I'd done a good job putting this information together... You went past what I did, made it more in depth to show what can and can't be gotten today, and then put it online for everyone to look at and comment on how to make it better. Nice job, this does deserve a sticky and it will be a nice resource for people so long as it's kept up to date.

And here I thought I'd done a good job putting this information together... You went past what I did, made it more in depth to show what can and can't be gotten today, and then put it online for everyone to look at and comment on how to make it better. Nice job, this does deserve a sticky and it will be a nice resource for people so long as it's kept up to date.

And you are to thank for the inspiration!

I see more work on this than what Rare employees did with their latest games.

Oh stop....okay maybe you're right. :p

Ooooooooh I like this alot, this tool will save me a ton of time :woop::Bounce:

Job well done, you definately put in the work. This thread should be stickied IMO, if you haven't done so already you should put in a request.

I have to request a Sticky? I sent Webb, Minty and Krazie a PM with the spreadsheet in it asking for a Sticky, but none of them ever messaged me back... :confused:

Great job on this, you seemed to have put a lot of work into this. This will be great for me to have handy, as I tend to buy many older pre-owned games, start to play them, only to then find out there are unobtainable achievements, either due to glitches or closed servers. Thanks for taking the time to make this, good work! I will certainly be using this for future reference.

That is some good work, however I don't know how necessary that info is to the average gamer...

TBH I think it is very useful. Maybe not as a way to track total GS but a way to track the unobtainable achievements. I can look through that list and see exactly which games I should avoid if going for the full 1,000. I know we have a thread for this, but his spreadsheet is much easier and quicker to follow.