Gift Advice

MAXout

Hey everyone!

It's my boyfriends and my anniversary at the end of May. We will have been together for 3 years.

I am normally not too bad with getting gifts, however I thought for the first time I will ask for advice and opinions online.

I have already got one present, but it's really for both of us and I will most likely hold onto it. I want to get him something else and I know of a few games that he wants, but I kind of want to steer away from buying games. Sure they are a last minute resort if I can't find anything else. But I would like to get him something more personal or meaningful or something that symbolises our relationship.

Does anyone have any cool ideas?

Why don't you set up a nice date night for the two of you and you pick up the tab. Gifts don't have to be tangible, he would probably appreciate the experience and the time together. Maybe dinner at his favorite restaurant, go see a movie he has been looking forward to, maybe stop off for coffee and dessert on the way home, etc...

My ex and I always tried to go out and do something we normally wouldn't do, something we haven't tried before. New experiences are always welcome.

Once we went rappelling and zip-lining. That was loads of fun.

Try new restaurants, new sports activities, new positi... ahem... new fun things. ;)

Ah-ha, I see we were following a similar train of thought.

Why don't you set up a nice date night for the two of you and you pick up the tab. Gifts don't have to be tangible, he would probably appreciate the experience and the time together. Maybe dinner at his favorite restaurant, go see a movie he has been looking forward to, maybe stop off for coffee and dessert on the way home, etc...

Yes! Man, no better food to get on your birthday than some good ol' cheesecake. Yum yum!

If you want to give the best present ever.... then give this:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6054&stc=1&d=1302143255

i bought one from vat19.com.... 40 bucks for 26 inches length, 6 inches width, 4000 calories, of sweet gummy goodness... lol

Edit: wtf! why is it upside down. lol. stupid ipod rearranged it.

I liked the suggestion of doing something you don't normally do. Take a trip somewhere new and eat at a nice restaurant. Maybe try cuisine you are curious about but haven't gotten around to trying yet. If money is an issue you could take a day trip somewhere nice and do tourist type things.

For my anniversary I always get to pick what we do, since my husband isn't big on making choices. I usually choose to go on a trip but with a specific goal such as trying a highly rated restaurant in another city, going to see a band I like, music festival, theme park, or museum.

If all else fails try taking him on a mini shopping spree to his favorite store.

How I see it, birthdays are for him. Anniversaries are for the both of you. The dinner should be a given, but like mentioned several times above, do something spontaneous that neither of you guys would normally do.

Like for me, I live in Colorado Springs, nestled within the Rockie Mountains. I've climbed a lot of the tallest rocks we have out here, and most of my girlfriends did the same. However, we've only really climbed during the safety of daylight, so we never got to see the night time sky line. So what I ended up doing was having a friend of mine hold a spot on this road heading up in the mountains. I had him set up a mat and stuff, and I took her out on the mountain after picking up some food and wine. When we showed up, he left, and we had a picnic under the stars with the ambient glow of the city beneath our feet.

After dinner, I put some Barry Manilow and some George Michael on the car stereo and we... ate desert... o.O

But in all seriousness, remember anniversaries are for the both of you, so a couple gifts to each other is nice, but on the same token, you both should be celebrating your love for eachother

Would you believe I forgot about this thread? Lol. *facepalm*

Yes! Man, no better food to get on your birthday than some good ol' cheesecake. Yum yum!

Yes, that would be good if it was his birthday... It's our anniversary. :p

Give him the roughest ride he's had in a long time.

Or maybe that's just what I want? Dammit.

Damn, I'll have to up my game. He gets rough rides a LOT! ;)

Hmmm....if you want something that will symbolize the relationship, you could always make him a scrapbook. Take a bunch of pictures of you guys together and make a nice scrapbook out of it. He will appreciate the work you put into it, and it will remind you of the times you have spent together.

Scrapbooking is a hobby of mine. I've made a few scrapbooks of us, so I kind of want to do something different.

Why not a game? If i were the boyfriend i would jump in the air

No sensless crap, just a solid and good game....awwww XD

Games are a last resort. He buys games all the time and I can never keep up with what he's got. Plus, we usually always buy games for each other.

I bought him a watch for his birthday the other year, so don't want to buy another.

I don't really have a limit on how much I want to spend.

He's hard to buy for because everything he wants, he'll buy straight out. Also, he is VERY fussy! I can't just take him to any place or any resturant.

He is taking me on a surprise trip for our anniversary which is exciting. He won't tell me where we are going, I'll find out on the day that we leave.

So going away or doing a day trip or something is out, because that's what he's doing/organizing.

Perhaps maybe guys here can tell me some of the Birthday, Christmas, Anniversary, etc presents that they have recieved that they really liked and that might give me some ideas?

What are your boyfriend's favorite foods? Maybe you could find a restaurant that he will really like and have dinner there. Or even better make him a special dinner and make it all romantic.

Some of the gifts I've gotten were video games obviously, different kinds of candy, small stuffed animals and some cds. The candy was mostly gummy bears because that my favorite and she got me 2 5 pound bags as a surprise. The CDs had love songs on them, and she got me a little stuffed tiger because thats my favorite animal.

Those were just because kinds of gifts. For Christmas, Anniversaries and Birthdays I got: tickets to a Yankees game, a Queen concert dvd, a subscription to MAD magazine and some older back issues, some t-shirts, and tickets to go see this Beatles cover band at the BB Kings. She also made me a scrapbook on a dvd, that was pretty cool.

Those gifts were special to me because they were things that I liked. All those things I had an interest in and she took the time to listen and pay attention to my interests, so in a way they were a surprise because I didn't think she would remember some of them.

I've bought my boyfriend tickets to Metallica (he took me to AC/DC), lots of random gaming posters, two Sonic tshirts and a tripod for his drum filming.

If I don't know what to get him I usually just wander around shops until I find something that reminds me of him.

He's such a pain to buy for, because he just buys whatever he wants, but once I find something he really likes it's a pretty nice feeling :)

I've bought my boyfriend tickets to Metallica (he took me to AC/DC), lots of random gaming posters, two Sonic tshirts and a tripod for his drum filming.

If I don't know what to get him I usually just wander around shops until I find something that reminds me of him.

He's such a pain to buy for, because he just buys whatever he wants, but once I find something he really likes it's a pretty nice feeling :)

Me too. It sounds like our Bf's are similar. Mine always buys what he wants and I can never keep up with him. I have been browsing around shops a lot lately hoping to find something. I still have a fair bit of time, so at least its good that I'm preparing early.

Thanks for your input too. It helps just to hear what others do. :)