How Is It?

Demo was good, I liked it better than the 40th Day.

If you liked the demo, you will love the full game.

I guess I've played half the game now, and I'm having a blast(Pun intended) :)

It is one of those games that knows it is stupid and rolls with it.

You have small "levels/rally points" that take from five to ten minutes to play through, and then you get a break where you can buy more weapons or custimize your character. You do the same thing over and over, but to me it hasn't gotten boring yet :)

Storywise the game has close to nothing, you come to Mexico and you kick ass, thats about it.

The gameplay is simple and fun.

Graphics aren't bad, not at all, but it isn't that great either. The locals can be boring, every house feels uninhabited.

Sound and soundtrack fits the game like a glove. Voiceactors aren't that great, but they do the job.

If you liked any of the previous AoT games or like any of Michael Bays movies, I guess you will like this game too.

It is not great, but it gets the job done, and I like it. 7/10 so far...

When it was first announced and it was told you wernt rios and salem, i stopped even looking at anything to do with it. i then noticed the demo and thought why not. i played it and now i have bought it and haven't come off it. it is genuinely a really really good game, ignore IGN and most of the other reviews, it is a brilliant game.

it's a great game...too bad bio shock came out on the same day, sure it's a great game too

Bought both games, and was planing on playing Bioshock first, but just had to try AoT first. Bioshock will have to wait a little longer, I'm having alot of fun with this game, more than I expected :)

Only thing that the game does not have is a good story, the little story that is here is just bad...

This game has turned into a guilty pleasure of mine.

Game is really fun. Been playing it with my bro in split screen. Story got really overly obvious to who the bad guy was which was a little disappointing lol but the gameplay has been great.\

Wasn't sure how I was going to feel about not being Salem and Rios anymore, but Alpha and Bravo definitely grew on me pretty quickly. Great game.

Guest Scotty
really overly obvious to who the bad guy was

^^understatement of the century:p

i gotta say i'm having a blast. i'm maybe 2/3 of the way through my insane run and still enjoying it. this will be my third playthrough within the 3 days i've had it, so i'm definitely enjoying it.

i like the weapon customization, but i feel it has been scaled down since the 40th day. there are a lot more skins, but, for example, you can't put an under barrel shotgun on your assault rifle. i'm sure there are less guns overall too, and they mostly have weird names, which i can't understand. pretty much all of these guns are in other EA games, so i don't know why they have given them wrong names.:confused:

there are tons more masks and outfits which is good and some of the masks are cool as fuck. there is some dead space ones and a battlefield one chucked in there.

so yeah. i'd give this around 7/10. its not perfect by far, but its extremely fun, especially going into overkill with the Saiga fully auto shotty(its not called that on here, but thats what it is:p)

Guest Scotty
The weapon names are all correct.

In the game it is called S-12, the "S" stands for Saiga and 12 is the calibre...

really?

what about M-KAR, which is a SCAR,

M-TAB 19, which is a TAR-21

FH-80, which is an L85A2

not saying you're wrong, but if these are correct, what do all these letters/numbers mean? and i've noticed some of them are named correctly, but some aren't. its pretty strange.

Guest Scotty
The way I see it they don't have the rights to the names, as with the Scar-L/Mk 16 Mod 0

The way to circumvent the copyright/trademark is to use shortened names, as in making MK 16 an M-Kar.

thats most likely what it is. its weird though because these guns are on other EA games and have the correct name, so i would have thought they would be able to name them correctly here. Ah well, no biggy, games still excellent, even though im getting wasted on insane, atm:p

and to stay on topic, i have a little to add to the OP. it freezes quite a lot. i'm not sure if its because i've played it loads, but its frozen about 4 times now, always in places where i'm near the end of a level, so i have to restart from the beginning of it when i load it back up. and the AI on insane difficulty is soooooooooooo annoying. its like they didn't even try. the amount of mounted guns i've had to take on my own because the AI just stands up and shoots it, getting wounded in the process.

besides those, minor hiccups, its still a great game.

games still excellent, even though im getting wasted on insane, atm:p

First three missions made me think that it was going to be okay on insane, but I'm now on the fourth and I'm getting my ass handed to me :uzi:

Ai partner isn't the smartest, but most of the times I die it is my fault.

Trying to go "Full Rambo" only makes me look like I'm "Going Full Retard" :p

and to stay on topic, i have a little to add to the OP. it freezes quite a lot. i'm not sure if its because i've played it loads, but its frozen about 4 times now, always in places where i'm near the end of a level, so i have to restart from the beginning of it when i load it back up.

besides those, minor hiccups, its still a great game.

That is bad, haven't gotten any freezes yet, and hoping it stays that way :)

Usually I'm lucky when it comes to freezes, people complained about Crysis 3, but it never froze on me. The game won't give me some of the achievements, but I can still play the game :woop: