Quest: Making alphabetical games list for a gamertag.

Kunduz

Hello, fellow friends and fiends.

Out of boredom or an OCD of keeping things in order(or something). I've decided to try getting games on my gamertag to cover the English alphabet. The problem is that I've got kind of stuck on some of the letters. Now I seek your collective wisdom to help me get through alphabet. The letters I require some aid with, are as follows:

E {DONE}

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West - I've heard good things about it, I might pick it up.

Earth Defense Force-series - Maybe.

J

James Bond 007 Blood Stone - Maybe.

Jet Set Radio - I'd feel stupid repurchasing it.

Jurassic Park: The Game - Last Resort, if not well recommended.

Just Cause-series - I've played the shit of them on PC. I don't know if I want to repurchase them.

N {DONE}

Narco Terror - We shall see how this one plays out.

Need for Speed-series - I kind of lost track of this franchise back in 2003, I might pick up Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit(shouldn't it be called Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit III?). Any other recommendations?

NIER - I'll check it out.

Y

You Don't Know Jack - If all else fail.

You're In The Movies - Maybe.

I'm hoping for a game starring "Usagi Yojimbo" called "Yojimbo" (probably a bit too far fetched.)

Now to make it a little bit more interesting, I shall present a number of requirements. Some are quite strict, while others are not.

• Able to complete 100% including DLC.
  • No Kinect Titles, though Kinect-Enabled is fine.
  • No WP Titles(I might get one further down the line, so I'm open for suggestions)
  • Must be a Xbox 360, XBLA or GFWL title(It doesn't have to been released yet.)
  • Must be decent or at least somewhat enjoyable.

Now to further characterise what I mean by enjoyable: Games I personally could see myself playing, sparing the time to play and possibly complete.

Now this one might be a tough nut to crack. So I'll leave a small résumé for me as gamer:

Dislikes: JRPGs(The only recent one I got into was Ni No Kuni) and Hack 'N Slash(Devil May Cry, Bayonetta, God Of War etc.)

I know that I could probably cover the letter "N" by playing some form of sports game. The problem is that I've only really liked the NHL-series, and that was back in 95-2004. I dislike the use of required use of the "skill stick-system" in the more recent games.(:rs: is for camera control people!)

I've got huge qualms about QTE's, but if they're put into a proper context I might find them acceptable.

I acknowledge that there are already existing titles for all of the letters, yet the quest still remains. Since it is designed to help me find some games that I may enjoy.

Further references:

My Gamertag

List of games I own

TA Profile

I wonder if anyone will bother to read this :p

Now do this for me and thou shalt be gratefully rewarded.

Edited by Kunduz

-E-

Earth Defense Force 2017, only 5 achievements and will take 80 hours plus to get those five but I thought the game was a blast. Better with a couch co-op partner

-J-

James Bond 007 Blood Stone, I rather liked it, mixed reviews about the game but 100% is definitely obtainable

-N-

Ninety Nine Nights (There's 3 N's for ya!)

It's a complete and utter pain in the ass for 1000 so research before jumping in but I think the game itself is pretty great. Never played the sequel.

-Y-

You Don't Know Jack... Sorry it's the best I got for Y unless you want to record yourself in creepy films playing Yoostar. YDKJ isn't bad though, it's mildly entertaining and 1000 wouldn't be too tough.

Hope this assists your efforts, I can't recommend the Earth Defense Force games enough, it's among my favorites on the console.

For N you can simply play N+ the arcade game. That game makes me want to die though.

For Y you can add Yar's Revenge.

BTW.. the main site has alphabetical listings for all games ya know :p

Well, I knew that.

I acknowledge that there are already existing titles for all of the letters, yet the quest still remains. Since it is designed to help me find some games that I may enjoy.

I'm seeking wisdom, quality and recommendations :p

Edited by Kunduz

Interesting challenge, or quest. I'm going to recommend You're In The Movies for Y. Road map says 15-20 hours to get 100% GS and IMO the whole game is very entertaining.

The quality is below anything acceptable but that makes it fun. Note that it requires the Live Vision Camera but I got the game+camera bundle for like £10 two years ago when I was in London.

Interesting challenge, or quest. I'm going to recommend You're In The Movies for Y. Road map says 15-20 hours to get 100% GS and IMO the whole game is very entertaining.

The quality is below anything acceptable but that makes it fun. Note that it requires the Live Vision Camera but I got the game+camera bundle for like £10 two years ago when I was in London.

Hmm...I'll consider it

I'm not to big on JRPGs, as previously mentioned...might check it, though.

It's not your typical JRPG. There's no turn based crap, it's all real time combat. There's also several nods to other genres, like it has a section where you're in top down view, there's platforming sections, and there's a mansion that's a direct nod to Resident Evil. The game has a great variety, and the way the story unfolds is awesome (when you playthrough the game a second time the story is vastly different than the first time, but they're both connected). If you're a fan of RPGs, I'd say give it a shot and see how you like it.

It's not your typical JRPG. There's no turn based crap, it's all real time combat. There's also several nods to other genres, like it has a section where you're in top down view, there's platforming sections, and there's a mansion that's a direct nod to Resident Evil. The game has a great variety, and the way the story unfolds is awesome (when you playthrough the game a second time the story is vastly different than the first time, but they're both connected). If you're a fan of RPGs, I'd say give it a shot and see how you like it.
Hmm.. sounds intriguing

For "Y" what about Yaris?

It's a small arcade game, not sure if it's free anymore. You basically just rive a car around some tracks and collect some coins. Only one achievement is really a grind, but the rest are cake. Not sure if it's exactly the funnest game out there though...lol.

I don't think it's available anymore :(

For "Y" what about Yaris?

It's a small arcade game, not sure if it's free anymore. You basically just rive a car around some tracks and collect some coins. Only one achievement is really a grind, but the rest are cake. Not sure if it's exactly the funnest game out there though...lol.

Removed from marketplace, I should have thought of this earlier...

Need for Speed: Most Wanted (The original one)

Great game, and a pretty easy 1k.

Ok, I've narrowed it to be either Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit, NIER or this.

For J, try Just Cause 1 or 2?

J

Just Cause-series - I've played the shit of them on PC. I don't know if I want to repurchase them.

Let's just say I would have had all of the achievements already, if I had played them on the 360. Edited by Kunduz