Heavy Metal Help

AvengingCactus7

I have never had as much trouble with a single achievement as I am having with this one. If I get ahead of him, he speeds up and hits me with his aura. If I stay behind him, Dr. Eggman kills me by the time we get half way through the stage. I have no clue how you can build up enough speed to jump to the higher part of the stage later on because you can't stop without Dr. Eggman killing you by the time you get to this point. I have played plenty of games that have achievements that are considered much harder than this, but I spent four hours straight on this. I only made it as far as the last stretch where all the tiny platforms are up top about five times. I made it to the very end once, but I hit the jump button right when I got to the door for some reason, and while I was in the air Metal Sonic passed me and went in the door. I've never really played a Sonic game before outside of for two minutes at a time very sporadically ten years ago, so I have no clue what I am doing incorrectly.

• 1 year later...
I have never had as much trouble with a single achievement as I am having with this one. If I get ahead of him, he speeds up and hits me with his aura. If I stay behind him, Dr. Eggman kills me by the time we get half way through the stage. I have no clue how you can build up enough speed to jump to the higher part of the stage later on because you can't stop without Dr. Eggman killing you by the time you get to this point. I have played plenty of games that have achievements that are considered much harder than this, but I spent four hours straight on this. I only made it as far as the last stretch where all the tiny platforms are up top about five times. I made it to the very end once, but I hit the jump button right when I got to the door for some reason, and while I was in the air Metal Sonic passed me and went in the door. I've never really played a Sonic game before outside of for two minutes at a time very sporadically ten years ago, so I have no clue what I am doing incorrectly.

Have you been doing this boss battle in the Past or the Future? Because it is MUCH MUCH MUCH EASIER if you do it in the Past. Far less spikes, so you don't get slowed down as much. Less chance of Robotnik getting you.

• 1 month later...

This achievement should be named "easy metal sonic" seriously it's so easy!

I've tried to play like in the video and died. Second try i played like i normally do and got the achievement.

Just go ahead, spindash when you are too slow to pass a slope, jump over metal or slow down to stay behind when he is attacking (it seems that you can heard a sound like the spindash when he does) then move ahead, and don't worry to touch him if he is not attacking.

• 1 month later...