FUBAR Bitching Thread

Holy fuck. I've never played any kind of "Extreme" difficulty mode as cheap as FUBAR. Two shot kills, constant grenades, aggressive enemy AI and passive friendly AI, and weird design oversights (standing up after healing) all come together to form a ragefest of a game type. I die about 10 times between every checkpoint.

Aw2BK9FCAAA17dw.png:large

I'm so sick of seeing this...

So yeah. Vent here.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love it when frustrating games ask you to lower the difficulty. "Have you sampled our easy difficulty? It might suite your skill level much better" lol. every time I saw that I was like dude fuck you lol. Luckily I didnt have too many problems on FUBAR, but I know exactly what you mean. It did that to me when I was playing disneys brave and the hardest difficulty. I cruised through the whole game and at the end I came to this warthog boss that I could not kill for the life of me, and every so often it would ask me if I wanted to drop the difficulty. I was ready to kill something

Edited by FLIPADELPHIIA

Man fuck this difficulty mode. I've had enough of cheap deaths. I'm happy with my 950. I just don't want to deal with the stress any more. Still a great game. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I hope it sold well enough to warrant a sequel.

What part are you on? Ill help you out. Despite what people may think, the game is not about luck for the most part. Sometimes the AI is a piece of shit, theres no denying that. Ive done more times because of my AI then on my own, but they usually dont do it twice in a row. And if they do, you just need to figure out how to adapt, because the enemy spawn is the same every single time

What part are you on? Ill help you out. Despite what people may think, the game is not about luck for the most part. Sometimes the AI is a piece of shit, theres no denying that. Ive done more times because of my AI then on my own, but they usually dont do it twice in a row. And if they do, you just need to figure out how to adapt, because the enemy spawn is the same every single time

Unfortunately I started immediately after finishing my Suicide Mission playthrough. So I was probably a little more aggravated by the AI than I would normally be. I haven't been able to beat stage 4 on FUBAR. I get to the part where you see the two 33rd soldiers fire at the civilians. I can get into cover, but no matter what route I take, I get grenade spammed. Either that, or my stupid squad both go down and I get slaughtered going to save them.

I might give it a go after I finish some of the other games I'm working on. Or if that co-op they're adding includes the campaign. Then I might run through with someone else. I would appreciate any tips you could offer though Flip. You're guides are always really helpful. :)

It's kind of a surprise that I'm having this much difficulty with this last achievement. The rest of them were a cake walk. I've seen people say that this game is easier than Call of Duty on Veteran. I don't agree with that personally. It would be if not for you having to save your squadmates. I really hate that aspect to the game. I've actually managed to clear most of that area. But then the AI gets flanked and it all spirals out of control from there.

Just aim to complete a chapter a day, that way you won't get too frustrated at the game mechanics.

That's a good suggestion. I beat it the first time in one day. So I thought I could blow through it on FUBAR the same way. Needless to say the rage finally won out. :p I'll try it this way and see how it goes. I could probably take a couple hours a day and just try one stage over and over until I get it. Thanks for the idea.

Does anyone know if the achievement will pop when you beat the last stage on FUBAR or does it have to be beaten in one playthrough? For example, can I skip around and beat the next stage then come back to the one I skipped?

Edited by BloodGodAlucard

Hi,

you can use chapter select,you just have to beat everymission on fubar,it doesent matter if you skip,aslong as you beat all 15 chapters on fubar.

But honestly if you cant make it through chapter 4 then...you should forget it buddy.Im sorry but, chapter 13 urghhh,you will not be able to beat this mission if you cant pass chapter 4, trust me.

Chapter 13 is the real pain,is the hardest mission from all,you just can hope that you dont get grenade spam,but you WILL !its so annoying rahh^^.

Really , its not even worth the 50 Gs..I would never do it again lol.

But now tipps for you.

You have to kill a bunch of guys,and THEN lugo will tell you , " a grenade launcher,take cover" or something linke that,so if you kill the grenade launcher , it become pretty easy.But you need luck that the grenade launcher will miss you the first shoots.

now that i am reminded of what part of chapter 4 you're on i can help out a little bit. The part where the dude shoots your cover and blows it up with an RPG is scripted, meaning there is nothing you can do about it (or atleast i couldnt) so get in cover, spam some Grenades with the scar, refill your ammo and make sure the hill on the right side is clear of the 2 enemies.

before your cover is blown up, grab ammo out of the box (immediately left of you) after you already shot 1 or 2 grenades with the scar, then when you're on the run over to your teammates use the RB function for them to clear off the hill to the right (where 2 enemies keep spawning). usually if the dudes on the hillside are dead, you can make it to cover with a little bit of health left, from there just pray you dont die.

Any tips how to pass heli section in part 6 (or 7)? This takes place in some kind of museum with t-rex sceleton where you have to run and not get killed by guy in helicopter? I'm after like 30 continues and die everytime in the same moment after taking few steps >< Cover system is disabled and all I can do is to run which is pointless since I get nailed every time!

I'm currenly on chapter 10 or maybe 11 i'm not really sure,it's the part that you have to use the machine gun to cover for Adam and Lugo to zip line over . the problem is they alway die at part where 1 of them blew up a door to go upstair and fight a Juggernault head on and some enemy flank them from behind . If i shoot the flanker then the Juggernault kill them,kill the Juggernault then the flanker get them , i never have enought time to them all down just because the AI alway try to be heroic and leaving cover to fight the juggernault head-on =.=

Any tips how to pass heli section in part 6 (or 7)? This takes place in some kind of museum with t-rex sceleton where you have to run and not get killed by guy in helicopter? I'm after like 30 continues and die everytime in the same moment after taking few steps >< Cover system is disabled and all I can do is to run which is pointless since I get nailed every time!

lol, I had the same problem and posted it in the difficulty thread. Keep trying and you'll eventually get lucky.