Doritos Games FTW?

XTC Headhunt3r

im not sure who else agrees with me, but this mario kart-esque game is amazing. the fact that its free i believe adds to the enjoyment becuase now i actually feel like microsoft will keep me around instead of getting a PS3, just for the sheer fact of these 2 free games which are tons of fun.

im a huge mario kart fan ever since N64 version and i have to say this game brings back great memories from my childhood. and the other game crash course is amazing because im a very huge Trials HD(even tho im average or a little above average) and Splosion Man and Super Meat Boy fan, im going to enjoy these games for a while to come.

i love doritos so much for their gracious gift i went out a bought a bag of their brand chips just as a thank you. i believe everyone loves doritos and should do the same =D

Really wish i took advantage of Dash Of Destruction.
You can still get it from a link in the Dash of Destruction board on here hidden in one of the threads. It was an ISO you burn to a CD and play in your 360 which acts the same as a memory unit. It has Dash of Destruction, Aegis Wing, Totem Ball, Yaris, and Hexic HD on it. Anybody know about what I'm referring to? I don't remember the link.

You can still get it from a link in the Dash of Destruction board on here hidden in one of the threads. It was an ISO you burn to a CD and play in your 360 which acts the same as a memory unit. It has Dash of Destruction, Aegis Wing, Totem Ball, Yaris, and Hexic HD on it. Anybody know about what I'm referring to? I don't remember the link.

Couldn't that get you banned for getting a game you shouldn't be able to get?

Anyhow I'm off topic..I'm totally gonna go out and get a couple bags of Doritos since they had the nice-ness to give players free games and cheeve lovers free cheeves. lol

Anyhow I'm off topic..I'm totally gonna go out and get a couple bags of Doritos since they had the nice-ness to give players free games and cheeve lovers free cheeves. lol

they might but i dont think they would bother. i have doritos using that method and im still here.

The method gets you the games as if you're using a memory unit somebody else has downloaded the game onto and lent to you. If any other game were on it they'd just show up with trial versions but because they are the free promo games they are not locked in the first place and work as full games no matter how you acquire them.

Also, I'm still here lol.

I did some searching and found the link. So, I'm going to be nice and put it in here for you guys. :D

http://digiex.net/downloads/download...ull-games.html

That's the site you need to go to and you'll find everything you need on there. I have yet to do it, (I don't have any CD's to burn) but I've heard/seen several other people say that it works.

Now, asides that, I'd have to say that this game is LOADS of fun. I really enjoy it. I need to get a few more achievements, (the online ones) but I think you can get all the achievements for this game just playing with another controller. I'll have to come back to this and confirm it later. (When I get the last cheevos :p)

Enjoy your games guys!

And NO, you can't get banned for these because the games were released for free, you're essentially borrowing content that is up for free and sharing, it's just no longer on the marketplace. The only way I think you can get banned is if you try to SELL the information or data or use it for personal gain. (ie. money)

Hopefully all my talking and words is helpful to you guys. Cheers!

Not likely. These are free games so MS wouldn't have much of a reason to do so. Now if you had to pay for these games than definitely yes. But you shouldn't have anything to worry about with free games.

Is this the one where you can shoot the racers to eliminate them from the race and help out your team or something?

Yes it is. The other free Doritos game is a platformer that you play as your avatar and overcome obstacles. It's called Crash Course.

As far the achievements go, Harm's Way is way easier (see what I did?) than Crash Course.

Really wish i took advantage of Dash Of Destruction.

You're in luck:

;3816008']This disc contains all of the free games (except these two new ones obviously). You just burn the ISO file to a CD-R' date=' put it in and go to your Games Library. They shouuld then appear. And don't worry, there's no legal problems with the disc - as you can see by reading the linked thread! ;)[/quote']

Yes it is. The other free Doritos game is a platformer that you play as your avatar and overcome obstacles. It's called Crash Course.

Ah. So, at the risk of sounding like an utter retard...

Doritos made this game? Who knew chip companies could make games like this... *Prepares for onslaught of "you're in idiot" comments*

Ah. So, at the risk of sounding like an utter retard...

Doritos made this game? Who knew chip companies could make games like this... *Prepares for onslaught of "you're in idiot" comments*

LOL, no worries. They didn't actually make it, more like sponsored it. IIRC, they sponsored some contest where indie developers would come up with the idea for a game, and the best one would get picked to be developed by a professional development company paid for by Doritos. That one was Dash of Destruction, but from what I understand, Harm's Way and Crash Course were runners up in that same contest.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

As far the achievements go, Harm's Way is way easier (see what I did?) than Crash Course.

You're in luck:

So if my PC doesnt have a place for me to put in a CD into it I cant use this method im guessing? Im going to try putting it onto a flashdrive then putting that into my xbox, I think that will work maybe?

Edited by Foxxy kyle

• 5 months later...
So if my PC doesnt have a place for me to put in a CD into it I cant use this method im guessing? Im going to try putting it onto a flashdrive then putting that into my xbox, I think that will work maybe?

Pretty sure there is a way you can put it on a memory stick, but you won't be able to just download the file and copy it to memory stick, as the file is a disc image of the CD you're supposed to burn, so the Xbox won't understand the filetype.

I'm not promising anything, but if you format a usb stick on your xbox, then use the method listed here to extract the games from the ISO, then copy them to the stick, they might then work from USB...

Worth a shot anyway? :)

EDIT:

It appears it CAN definitely be done - you will need to use a program called xtaf to get the files onto the stick. You can use the guide here for doing this. Looks like the advantage of this is that you can then copy the games across from the memory stick onto your HDD, so you can keep them there forever without having to keep putting the disc in and out! ;)

Edited by [Waggly Bean]

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...