Struggling Through Rump Shaker

CreepyUncleMike

Apparently, I was feeling masochistic this afternoon and gave the song another try on medium. There are 2 moves I can't seem to get down. I can nail the Tick Step in break it down, but I'm failing it about every single time in the song. Unfortunately, the move is throughout the song. The other move is Booty Down. The hip movement is about as fast as I can move, but adding in the arm movements and forget it. I need to learn the timing of this move. Sometimes, I can get credit with the hips moving slower than the dancer's, but it's unreliable.

Any tips would be helpful for these 2. I think my current plan of attack is going to involve watching the moves carefully, slowed down. I remember Booty Down is also in another slower song. Jungle Boogie I think, though I should be able to find it in Cully's topic. I'm guessing once I can nail it in that song, I can do the faster version in Rump Shaker.

Update: Serves me right for calling it. Just missed 5 stars second attempt. There's one part near the end of the song I do badly on (basically the last recap), but it's not enough to keep me from 5 stars. At first I thought it was maybe lighting issues in certain parts of the room, but on the second attempt, I think it was mainly fatigue. I was screwing up easy moves at the end like Hop Hop Break (noticed I wasn't putting my arms up all the way) and Arm Twist. Grabbing something to drink and trying again.

Fortunately, other than that, medium's going well. Not sure how well I was doing on the rejects in Teach Me How to Jerk, but I didn't miss 5 stars by much. It does seem a lot more tiring on medium though. I've got like 3 I haven't played through yet. Think I last left off on Body Moving, which I broke down and found rather easy. Prediciting 5 stars first attempt.

Edited by CreepyUncleMike
update

Okay, calling it a night. Just finished with Just Dance. Funny. It was a nightmare on easy for me. I thought it was easy on medium. Close to 5 stars the first attempt. Second attempt got it. Looks like I'm down to 4 songs without 5 stars on medium.

Body Movin': I still think the lighting is causing issues on some of the Arm Twists. The Hop Hop Breaks seem to have a tendency to put me between my lamp and the Kinect. I'll try tomorrow afternoon. The light coming in through the blinds should fix that.

Teach Me How to Jerk: Need to Keep practicing the rejects. Think I can get the 5 stars before long.

Rump Shaker: see first post

Don't Sweat the Technique: Didn't even try performing it. This looks like it might possibly be the hardest one. I don't remember too many specifics rather than doing poorly in general and inexplicably having trouble with Scarecrow at full speed when I could nail it slowed down easily. I'll have to keep breaking it down.

Hmm... Even with daylight, I was still having trouble getting credit on Arm Twists following Hop Hop Breaks. Slams seemed to improve though. In any case, I was able to fare better on moves I was struggling with last night, so I got my 5. Three more to go.

Update: And then there were 2. I just missed 5 stars on Teach Me How to Jerk and I was running out of time before I had to go. I didn't have enough time to break down a new song, so I decided to keep performing it. A couple more attempts netted me the 5 stars.

Edited by CreepyUncleMike
update

Okay, let's add one more move I need help with: Scarecrow. I can't seem to hit this one full speed and I don't know why. I usually get nice when slowed down and yellow when sped back up. I'm nailing the first Funk Pop, then failing the 2 Scarecrows and the Funk Pop in between. I'm actually coming a lot closer to 5 stars than I thought I would here.

Starting to wonder if I'm just annoying people at this point. Ah well, this topic will die its natural death once I manage to get Rump Shaker, which is where all my attention is heading now. Still don't quite have the Scarecrow down, but I seem to have improved on it slightly. I don't know what I was failing on before, but in that last run of Don't Sweat the Technique, I had a much better score going into the freestyle. Finished the song with 5 stars.

Followed up with the Off the Hook Challenge on medium. First attempt was 4 stars. Second attempt was much better. I was just shy of 5 stars going into Just Dance. Passed 94% of the moves, though it wasn't good enough for gold stars.

So it looks like all my attention falls to Rump Shaker now. Guess I'll start by breaking down Brick House and slowing down Booty Down. Though I'm not positive there isn't a timing difference other than simply being slowed down. Then whether or not that succeeds, nothing else to do but keep breaking down Rump Shaker.