True Identity without camera?

komodokid77

Do I need the specific xbox live camera to do the true identity achievement? Can I just use a normal digital camera and plug it into the USB port? Is there any cheaper third party camera? Is there any way I can get a really cheap deal on it if not, and what is gamestop's return policy for used accessories because I will literally have no use of the damn camera after I use it.

I bought my camera with You're in the Movies (probably the worst game i have ever played) for £15 which I thought was pretty cheap. I wanted it for the achivements on burnout. I will one day finish you're in the movies as well.

I don't know if you are UK but there are some kicking around for about £15 ish with the aformentioned abomination on gaming. Which isn't a bad price, especially as you can max out you're in the movies and get cheevs on other games.

Guess it just depends what you consider to be good value really.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Is is possible to use Kinect instead of a vision camera?

A friend of mine tried, and it didn't work. His Kinect was hooked up and working perfectly, but the game didn't register it as a "Vision Camera." Seems even though we all spent $150 on Kinect, we still have to spend more to get a 30 point achievement in Vegas. :confused:

• 1 month later...

Maybe we should set up a "Pass the Camera" initiative. Someone with one gets a list of people who need the achievement. Get them in a good circular order in the US and then just ship it to the first person with tracking. That person gets their achievement and ships it to the next person. So on and so on. Granted I don't know how trustworthy people are here.

Maybe we should set up a "Pass the Camera" initiative. Someone with one gets a list of people who need the achievement. Get them in a good circular order in the US and then just ship it to the first person with tracking. That person gets their achievement and ships it to the next person. So on and so on. Granted I don't know how trustworthy people are here.

The shipping would kill you. If you're buying anything from amazon, You're in the Movies is $12.99 ($9.00 + $3.99 shipping).

http://www.amazon.com/Youre-Movies-Xbox-360/dp/B001CMLKRW/ref=pd_rhf_p_t_1

The only way you could get away with passing a camera around is knowing people in your city. With the cost of gas, any farther than an hour is gonna cost more in travel than the camera is worth.

You misunderstand me. I mean for a person who already owns the camera could ship it to the first person through parcel through $2 or so. That person gets the camera, takes their pictures and then spends the couple bucks to ship the camera to the next person on the list. Eventually it goes around and get's delivered back to the original owner of the camera. I've done this with other sites before and it worked nicely. Well once, their was a douchebag who tried to keep the item. But the guy who shipped it, lived an hour away, drove there and set him straight.

Shipping flat rate would be foolish. Even priority is cheaper then that crap unless you're shipping bricks. A small 2x2x4 box is more than enough to ship the vision camera and USPS parcel post could ship it for $2-$4. Not to mention that you keep using the same box. When the next person ships it they just print up the label, tape it on and ship it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...