does karmoo cheat

keightley1980

no matter what song it seems to be, KARMOO is at number 1. he cant be that good can he.

take for instance hey there delilah he has a score of 15 million, almost 10 million more than the second placed person. i can only get 3.5 million and i still get 6 out of 6 medals whereas they only get 5 out of 6. i am guessing they are male from their avatar.

i see that he has put in his profile that he does not cheat and its combo bonuses. thats strange since i got over 200 combo on hey there delilah and still nowhere near his score.

Edited by keightley1980
profile add

no matter what song it seems to be, KARMOO is at number 1. he cant be that good can he.

take for instance hey there delilah he has a score of 15 million, almost 10 million more than the second placed person. i can only get 3.5 million and i still get 6 out of 6 medals whereas they only get 5 out of 6. i am guessing they are male from their avatar.

i see that he has put in his profile that he does not cheat and its combo bonuses. thats strange since i got over 200 combo on hey there delilah and still nowhere near his score.

Dude, how did you do the 200x combo? That achievement is killing me...

No..I don't believe he cheats. I believe he understands the new scoring system and has capitalized on it. The score is very dependent on your multiplier...if you want a top score, you pretty much need to never miss. I just got the #2 score on you can't touch this because at one point my multiplier was nearing 500. Unfortunately, I broke combo twice in the song. My final score was 10million some. His is 16 million. I am positive If I had not broken combo, my multiplier would have been upwards of 700+ or more, and at that point, you score would be shooting up like crazy. Even at 500 my i cold watch my score skyrocket everytime I hit a new phrase. I think that is the key difference..he keeps and maintains his multiplier which makes his scores look insane compared to everybody else.

No He dont here is his post from the lips forums on XBOX

Hey all, you may have seen me on the leaderboards. It has come to my attention that at least half of you (maybe more) think that I cheat using tools or something. This is far from the case - it's all about practice. Since not all of you believe in practice, or believe that my scores can't be achieved through singing, I've decided to post weekly to provide tips for people learning how to play the GAME (and not just sing along). If you have a good voice and good pitch, you should be able to reach any of the scores that I've posted with due practice. The main reasons I'll be posting here are the following: (1) I'm sick of the constant "cheater" messages, and (2) I need some competition =)

So here is tip #1, and I'm sorry if it's obvious: take advantage of the combo bonus! Maintaining a consecutive streak of notes hit can provide a HUUUUGE boost to a player's score, and is probably the most significant factor in this game (scoring-wise). I know that little combo bonus number doesn't really seem like much (and you don't really see results quickly) but your score can take an exponential turn after about x200.

Again, I realize that the first tip being, "don't miss a note" seems painfully obvious, but it means much more than you'd think at first glance. In the case of many songs, you're able to reach a combo bonus of ~x400 or more. If you can reach that sort of combo, you're well on your way to make a Top 10 performance. However, if you miss ONE note in the middle of the song, you can lose up to 5-8million points on some songs (hey there delilah, more than words) - simply because you had to climb to x200 twice instead of x400 once.

Good songs to practice combo bonus' are More Than Words, Karma Chameleon, or perhaps even Hey There Delilah because the note cursor moves slower (in my opinion), the notes really don't often change dramatically, and you have a chance of getting really good scores due to combo bonus being used in conjunction with vibrato bonus (and what's better than getting a really high multimillion numberscore =). Once you have mastered those songs, you can maybe start working on tougher ones like Barbie Girl, I Don't Feel Like Dancin, etc. From a practice standpoint, avoid songs with the rap notes (loser, california love), songs with multiple parts (Broken Strings, The Look), or songs with INCREDIBLY difficult solos (I'm Yours). Of course, have fun with all the songs =) but from a practice standpoint, the first three mentioned will get your head into the GAME/SCORING aspect of this karaoke game.

Anyway, good luck all! I really hope those three songs (More Than Words; Karma Chameleon; Hey There Delilah) get really competitive this week! I'll be paying attention to this thread so feel free to post and I'll see where the conversation leads. Again, ask questions here, please don't send my gamertag questions as they will not be answered. And this won't be my only tip, stay tuned as the weeks go by!

Edited by DJMAZaka007
made an error

• 2 weeks later...
i have a problem with missing notes when i shake the mic to make the notes colour go gold

Yes....that is insanely annoying..you can pretty much only shake it when there is a pause in the singing. I blew a duet high score run on kryptonite due to that.

and I now have about 7 duet diamonds in this game..and some of my #1 scores blew away 2nd place by millions...so I can attest that karmoo does NOT cheat. Just don't miss any notes.

• 3 months later...