Severed Timeline

JDMBO1

hmm during the first chapter is while issac is over at the hospital. so as gabe stuff you do in chapter one is how issac finds it later. then in severed chapter two issac has been long gone and is prolly in the mines.

That's the thing somethings don't correspond with other events. Like the rooms where you meet the first two spitters as Issac. When you went to that room as Gabe there was a significant change in scenery. I was under the impression it'd take more time for Necro's to infest like that

What I don't understand is that when you reach the medical wing, you arrive in the ship that the Tripod leaps out of in your first boss battle as Isaac. Same thing with the gunship. It's a time paradox.

Anyway, the beginning of the DLC begins as Tiedmann issues the order to kill all key subjects. This is before Isaac reaches the first store so it's relatively early on. Chapter 2 is somewhere towards the middle and end of the original game. Basically, both games are going on at once.

What I don't understand is that when you reach the medical wing, you arrive in the ship that the Tripod leaps out of in your first boss battle as Isaac. Same thing with the gunship. It's a time paradox.

Anyway, the beginning of the DLC begins as Tiedmann issues the order to kill all key subjects. This is before Isaac reaches the first store so it's relatively early on. Chapter 2 is somewhere towards the middle and end of the original game. Basically, both games are going on at once.

i thought the thing it destroys in dead space 2 game was like a normal shuttle didn't look like a gunship to me. if anything looks like a shuttle, if thats the case then it would appear earlier than i thought.

Also the necromorph infections stuff on the walls can happen quite quickly. if i remember in then comic on aegis 7 one guy cleared a small area out of it overnight it came back 100 times worse covering a huge portion of the tunnels.

i had a look at the videos and they don't look the same.

Edited by Quickdraw

i thought the thing it destroys in dead space 2 game was like a normal shuttle didn't look like a gunship to me. if anything looks like a shuttle, if thats the case then it would appear earlier than i thought.

Also the necromorph infections stuff on the walls can happen quite quickly. if i remember in then comic on aegis 7 one guy cleared a small area out of it overnight it came back 100 times worse covering a huge portion of the tunnels.

i had a look at the videos and they don't look the same.

I was talking about the gunship at the end. But the shuttle at the beginning still does not make sense. Even if it somehow is a different one, there is no debris lying around from the destroyed one.

I was talking about the gunship at the end. But the shuttle at the beginning still does not make sense. Even if it somehow is a different one, there is no debris lying around from the destroyed one.

the ship lexine gets on?. hmm id have to have another look maybe there's some auto cleanup service thing.the engine seems to have blown out from the looks of it so it couldn't take off even before the thing shows up.

Automated parking service maybe for a hospital it seems to not have a lot of shuttle area's. then again i guess it is designed to be pretty much the station's hospital.

wish there was a map showing the sprawls layout.

the shuttle says life lin and the rest is gone, suggesting it could be emergency transport.

it does look like its like the one gabe used to get there in the first place. or its the same make.

I know it takes place after Isaac has been through the hospital. The Tripod is dead in the shuttle bay, the room where you meet the first puker has a TON of necro growth going on, and the first decompression room has the windows Emergency Shield deployed.

That, and when you reach the nurses station after the Stasis room, above it has a Wanted poster for Isaac Clarke and Nolan Stross, indicating they're currently 'At Large'

That's my take on it, as far as exact timeline, there isn't much to suggest where Isaac is @ the time, other than Tiedmanns message about ' Scrub the Facility and eliminate the Subjects'...:confused:

I know it takes place after Isaac has been through the hospital. The Tripod is dead in the shuttle bay, the room where you meet the first puker has a TON of necro growth going on, and the first decompression room has the windows Emergency Shield deployed.

That, and when you reach the nurses station after the Stasis room, above it has a Wanted poster for Isaac Clarke and Nolan Stross, indicating they're currently 'At Large'

That's my take on it, as far as exact timeline, there isn't much to suggest where Isaac is @ the time, other than Tiedmanns message about ' Scrub the Facility and eliminate the Subjects'...:confused:

its very hard to say, but that is how i see it, wall growths can happen within a few hours, massive growth is maybe around somewhere between 3/12 hours. it can grow very very quickly.

one thing i did not enjoy as much was the fact that the save stations/work benches/stores were not consistent in location compared to the main story, especially the areas where Isaac had already gone through, especially in the hospital. When and how did a work station suddenly appear in the conduit room? What happened to the save station that was at the first store Isaac visited? what happened to the work bench that Gabe used and why isn't it there in any form when Isaac passes through? These inconsistencies were my only issues with the DLC. everything else was fantastic.

one thing i did not enjoy as much was the fact that the save stations/work benches/stores were not consistent in location compared to the main story, especially the areas where Isaac had already gone through, especially in the hospital. When and how did a work station suddenly appear in the conduit room? What happened to the save station that was at the first store Isaac visited? what happened to the work bench that Gabe used and why isn't it there in any form when Isaac passes through? These inconsistencies were my only issues with the DLC. everything else was fantastic.

i do remember a shop in the waiting area, but when i went through on issac the door was locked and couldn't access it but on gabe it was.

through dead space 2 the lack of benches and stores really annoyed me with the lack of bag space, and not being able to clear it mid level sometimes.

doing hardcore right now and most of the stuff im picking up generally fits in my bag nicely cause i use so much killing stuff.

i believe the timeline to be afterwards also. in the original story where the dude cut his throat in the beginning i am pretty sure thats him in the same spot when you return through there as gabe. BTW i used his body to set off the detonators in the next hallway

i believe the timeline to be afterwards also. in the original story where the dude cut his throat in the beginning i am pretty sure thats him in the same spot when you return through there as gabe. BTW i used his body to set off the detonators in the next hallway

chapter one looks to be before issac gets there as everything you do there seems to be the way issac finds it. where as chapter two is well after hes gone. i am supprised the guy you mentioned isn't a necromorph.

as far as i understand the story in severed takes place over the course of a couple hours, although i have not studied it in too much detail. so how would the chapters in severed take place before and long after issacs departure?

there's not a lot of indications of what but in general, this is happening in the same time frame as issac is working his way through.

Chapter one is early game, somewhere between 1/5 for example

chapter two is late game, as gabe is going back to the med wing and issac has been long gone.(5/8)

but its a rough guess. gunna try pay more attention on my next play through.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

you know what, that is a very good question, when i was playing the DLC i was wonder that very thing lol, I really don't know but I don't think it was after but maybe during or before i'm not sure to be honest lol