GTA V Achievement Guide & Roadmap

BiggD

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just an additional tip in regards to using the cab to fast travel to every collectible. If you hit right on the dpad after getting out of the cab, you'll whistle and the cab will stay still for a period of time, usually enough to rush to the collectible and back to the cab before he takes off. If you're not fast enough you will have to phone the cab every time and wait for it to show up, which takes a lot longer. For some this won't work because you'll be way out in the middle of nowhere and the cab will be long gone. I found it easier to switch to someone else and call a cab with them instead to continue on collecting.

Also of note, some of them you will need a chopper for, and the best location I've found for that is the police station (marked Impound Lot on the map). Run through the main doors and straight through the back door marked locker room and continue through here to gain access to the roof. The chopper won't be there every time but it'll eventually show up. This will give you a 3-star wanted level however and is only required for a few collectibles.

Alternatively, the Vespucci Helipad property.

Edited by Nesmaster

Just an additional tip in regards to using the cab to fast travel to every collectible. If you hit right on the dpad after getting out of the cab, you'll whistle and the cab will stay still for a period of time, usually enough to rush to the collectible and back to the cab before he takes off. If you're not fast enough you will have to phone the cab every time and wait for it to show up, which takes a lot longer. For some this won't work because you'll be way out in the middle of nowhere and the cab will be long gone. I found it easier to switch to someone else and call a cab with them instead to continue on collecting.

Also of note, some of them you will need a chopper for, and the best location I've found for that is the police station (marked Impound Lot on the map). Run through the main doors and straight through the back door marked locker room and continue through here to gain access to the roof. The chopper won't be there every time but it'll eventually show up. This will give you a 3-star wanted level however and is only required for a few collectibles.

You can also use the helicopter atop the hospital to avoid getting any stars.

Also, for 'Waste Management,' you can purchase the dock as Trevor, as well. I was reading through the achievement and it appeared you could only buy it as Michael. Not sure if Franklin can purchase it, too.

I've now moved on to the Stunt Jumps, and it seems that all of these collectibles/achievements are just really pissing me off. The Knife Flight ones were tough, and the stunt jumps are unrelenting. I do a lot of them exactly how they do in videos, but it doesn't unlock, so I'm forced to redo them.

No matter, I'll get through them! Trying to do literally everything before completing the game.

Edited by Creasy47

I'm calling it now, the most difficult Single Player achievement is definitely "Close Shave". I was starting to get pretty frustrated while doing these. Tip: Don't try them in the rain, because your plane doesn't control too well.

Maka was telling me the same. Well, that least least 3 of them were nearly impossible.

Which aircraft are you using? I've read the Buzzard is the best choice for the achievement.

Maka was telling me the same. Well, that least least 3 of them were nearly impossible.

Which aircraft are you using? I've read the Buzzard is the best choice for the achievement.

What annoyed me with the knife flights is that the recommended plane was the one at the airfield you get from purchasing it as Trevor, but every time I went to use it, it would start a mission. Also, I'll bump this in case anyone didn't see it, but for Maka's 15th knife flight, you do NOT have to go through that tiny, tiny area. You can just fly through the buildings to the right of it instead and it works.

I used the Frogger for 48/50 bridges, but then had to change to the Buzzard for the last two because the propeller is just too big to fit through the gap with the Frogger. The bridges are really easy though, so there's no problem there.

For the Knife Flights, I used the red plane from the Airstrip (the one used for Arms Trafficking). The majority of the KFs are easy, but there are some really frustrating ones, like the one where you have a gap that is only slightly wider than your actual plane, and one where you kind of slither around the building.

Abusing the Quick Save feature is a massive help while attempting them, because you will die quite a few times.

Will it not get pinned until there's more info or something?

Finished the alien and letter collectibles, wooo.

Guides and other useful threads usually get pinned if a mod is in the forums for that game and see it's not pinned yet, or if the OP posts in one of two different threads called "sticky request" threads found in the forums of the site.

I've posted it there Wednesday evening but they haven't gotten to it yet, which is upsetting because they are usually really quick with pinning things :(

And nice job dude! I was going to do the letters tonight but got lazy and did some side missions instead.

I used the Frogger for 48/50 bridges, but then had to change to the Buzzard for the last two because the propeller is just too big to fit through the gap with the Frogger. The bridges are really easy though, so there's no problem there.

For the Knife Flights, I used the red plane from the Airstrip (the one used for Arms Trafficking). The majority of the KFs are easy, but there are some really frustrating ones, like the one where you have a gap that is only slightly wider than your actual plane, and one where you kind of slither around the building.

Abusing the Quick Save feature is a massive help while attempting them, because you will die quite a few times.

I guess people overlooked the two posts I put about the Knife Flights, because the one with the gap that is slightly wider than your plane doesn't need to be flown through to get that one. The buildings that are a part of that gap work for that flight.

welp, i'm bored and I figured I'd be a needless nit-pick -- hope you don't mind, BiggD!

Ladies and gentlemen, Grand Theft Auto V is here and it is certainly the most phenomenal games [should be singular] that the year has to offer. Set in the state of San Andreas, GTA V follows the story of three very different men as they pursue the criminal underworld in pursuit of man’s greatest goal [the word pursue followed by pursuit seems a little redundant, if not wordy. Might want to revise it.]: lots and lots of money. The game is presented in an open-world [reads better as "open world", the hyphen isn't suitable in this context], which can be freely roamed at your own pace. Unlike previous titles, the entirety of San Andreas (Los Santos and Blaine County) is open from the start, so you can choose to explore the world before taking on the Single Player missions, side activities, and everything else San Andreas has to offer. Achievement wise, your time will be split pretty evenly between the Single Player portion of the game, and the Multiplayer portion of the game: GTA Online. Please take note however, that GTA Online does not launch until October 1st. Overall, you’ll need to dedicate 100+ hours towards GTA V in order to see the game complete. I know for a fact that each and every hour you invest into this game will be worth it. Be prepared for one of the greatest gaming experiences ever and remember, have fun!

Story

Like any open-world [this, for example, is the proper use of a hyphen!] Single Player title, there is no suggested or recommend order in how you should go about your playthrough. Keep in mind however, [comma unneccesarily breaks up this sentence; it reads better without it] that you will need to complete the main storyline, obtain 70 Gold Medals between the story missions and side missions, earn a Gold Medal in a few hobbies and pastimes, [the other comma's are appropriate, however there doesn't need to be a comma before the connective "and"] and uncover the entire map. While there’s so much to do in the world, things might get a little overwhelming, so play at a comfortable pace and make sure to spread out your time between all three characters and all the different missions and activities.

GTA Online

COMING OCTOBER 1ST – STANDBY FOR INFORMATION IN TWO WEEKS!

Miscellaneous

There are several achievements that are not directly tied to the story and side missions. Tasks such as surviving three minutes on a 3-Star Wanted level chase, fully modifying both a weapon and vehicle, making profit in the stock market, delivering a bounty target alive, and spending $200 million between all three characters are just the premise of these miscellaneous achievements. You will also need to take into consideration that there are a handful of collectibles in this game in the forms of space ship parts, letter scraps, toxic waste, stunt jumps and aerial challenges. Remember that all these side achievements can be obtained at anytime.

WARNING: On the last story mission, you will be playing as Franklin. The doorbell will ring and Devin will ask you to do something. CHOOSE OPTION "C" or else you can miss the following achievements: Career Criminal, TP Industries Arms Race, Multi-Disciplined, Waste Management, Red Mist, Kifflom!, Three Man Army, Altruist Acolyte, & Wanted: Alive or Alive.

Mop Up

If you have missed any Single Player or Online achievements during your time on Grand Theft Auto V, hop back into either portion of the game for a clean up of whatever it is you may have missed. Chances are you will need to hunt down some more collectibles, work on your Gold Medals for Single Player, Platinum Awards for GTA Online, or even continue your journey towards that epic Level 100. At any rate, make sure you swipe the remainder of these achievements before putting this game back on the shelf…although we all know that won’t happen for a long time!

Conclusion

This game is bound to leave anyone dumbstruck. From the moment the game is booted up, everything Grand Theft Auto V has to offer is beyond video game standards as we know it. With one of the most memorable and beautiful crafted open-worlds, characters, missions, and soundtrack, GTA V is literally a perfect game for any gamer. The achievements may take a very long time to complete, but let’s put our OCD aside for a minute and appreciate the gem that Rockstar has given us before the next generation of consoles arrive in November. GTA V will forever be known as one of – if not THE – most entertaining video games of this current generation.

other than the corrections, all looks good! upon reading this however, seems you're hyping the shit out of this game that i'm afraid i'll let myself down once i get to play it. :(

welp, i'm bored and I figured I'd be a needless nit-pick -- hope you don't mind, BiggD!

other than the corrections, all looks good! upon reading this however, seems you're hyping the shit out of this game that i'm afraid i'll let myself down once i get to play it. :(

I don't mind :o I'll make some of those grammatical fixes.

And nah, the game IS really good, for someone to play it and not be that interested in it, well...that's honestly crazy because this game has tons to do and can appeal to everyone.

You could include the cab idea for the spaceship parts achievement too and maybe add a potential spoiler alert before that red warning above the guide, it could be considered kind of spoilery knowing characters have to die.

I thought the spoiler tag looked mighty ugly in the roadmap, I have bad OCD. Thinks it's worth putting it anyways, or at least a HUGE spoiler font in pretty colors?

The warning kind of feels like if you follow what it says, then the achievements that follow will not be missable. However that does not appear to be the case when reading why those achievements are missable later in the guide.

Not a big problem, but might mess up somebody that thinks "I'll just play for fun and as long as I pick option C, I'll be able to get all the achievements." Personally that's what I was thinking, but decided to double check just in case.

I thought the spoiler tag looked mighty ugly in the roadmap, I have bad OCD. Thinks it's worth putting it anyways, or at least a HUGE spoiler font in pretty colors?

You could just make it look like this: Warning (Potential Spoiler):

I'm trying to think how you could phrase it in a short but proper way. It's not a direct spoiler exactly but it's enough information that it could be considered a spoiler. At the same time you want people to read the warning. Maybe include two separate parts of the warning. The first part explaining it. I don't know, it's above my pay grade.

The warning kind of feels like if you follow what it says, then the achievements that follow will not be missable. However that does not appear to be the case when reading why those achievements are missable later in the guide.

Not a big problem, but might mess up somebody that thinks "I'll just play for fun and as long as I pick option C, I'll be able to get all the achievements." Personally that's what I was thinking, but decided to double check just in case.

You could just make it look like this: Warning (Potential Spoiler):

I'm trying to think how you could phrase it in a short but proper way. It's not a direct spoiler exactly but it's enough information that it could be considered a spoiler. At the same time you want people to read the warning. Maybe include two separate parts of the warning. The first part explaining it. I don't know, it's above my pay grade.

Yeah, I was having this problem earlier today. I don't know how to word it without giving a hint away that something happens. I don't know, I might just leave it the way it is :(

Yeah, I was having this problem earlier today. I don't know how to word it without giving a hint away that something happens. I don't know, I might just leave it the way it is :(

(This is assuming that the near end mission titles don't contain spoilers themselves) Maybe separate them into "Finish these achievements before starting X mission" or "Once you get mission X, do these achievements before you continue" then have the "Pick option C" achievements.

I can see how it's hard to word, but even as it is worded now, the reader probably thinks something has to happen anyways or they wouldn't have to pick option C to avoid missing anything.

Altruist Acolyte picture added in! Thanks to B A R 4 D for the location, and Power Pyx for the picture :)

(This is assuming that the near end mission titles don't contain spoilers themselves) Maybe separate them into "Finish these achievements before starting X mission" or "Once you get mission X, do these achievements before you continue" then have the "Pick option C" achievements.

I can see how it's hard to word, but even as it is worded now, the reader probably thinks something has to happen anyways or they wouldn't have to pick option C to avoid missing anything.

That seems like it would confuse those who aren't as aware of this as you, me, and the few others who were discussing this. Hmm, I'll think of something in the days to come. Hopefully it doesn't bother me too much, little stuff like this gets on my nerves.

For whatever reason I'm not getting some of the "Finish x mission" achievements :/

Such as? I haven't had a problem with them thus far, though I've only unlocked a few (doing everything else before beating these last 20 story missions) and I needed to take a break to do something else. I've been playing this game almost non-stop since Tuesday, except for sleep.

Updating the guide...

Altruist Acolyte isn't missable, really. There's actually more than 6 random encounters in which you can bring a stranger up there...AND, the game automatically tells you that you should bring them there the very first time a stranger gets into your car. I've even added a picture of the perfect time to get this done.

EDIT: Further updating....not going to list Wanted: Alive or Alive as missable either...as there are 5+ opportunities in which you can get this, and the VERY first one is not only detailed here, but it appears on your map as soon as Trevor is playable so there's no missing the mission.

Edited by BiggD

• bLaKgRaVy changed the title to GTA V Achievement Guide & Roadmap