Nothing special achievement

grant01

Werd.

If you have 2 controllers (1 for main account, 1 signed in as guest) it is possible on Crash Course, offline system link.

Play as a human character on your main account, then have your guest account playing idle as infected.

You won't get grief from infected as you'll just have them standing there.

Just make sure that as soon as your second controller becomes the tank, you kill it quickly (just have it run into an area where all 4 of you cab blast it), as it will switch to AI as soon as you loose control over it. Also bear in mind that once your second controller becomes the tank, the SI before it will switch to AI and will attack you, so be aware of this.

Easy way of nailing it.

Yes, I did it with 3 others this weekend actually.

We had one person put a guest on the Infected, then the rest of us (and a guest) took the 4 spots on the Survivors. We did it on Dead Rising? (The one with the Boat House as the Finale)

We got this one and Upset Stomach

EDIT: I will add...it takes 4x as long though...that is the downfall. But we did it this way because one of the guys didn't have Crash Course

Edited by Curtieson

is there an easy way to do this ??

Well, if you don't mind cheating a little bit, I found the easiest way to get "Nothing Special" is using the "back to lobby" method, which is described in numerous threads here... usually in connection with those "survive any level on Expert"-achievements.

1. Start your campaign from the lobby. If you don't want others to join make it "friends only". I suggest the "Dead Air" campaign, for reasons I will explain in a bit.

2. Run through the first four chapters on easy (no reason to punish yourself with any other difficulty)... it doesn't matter how many times you die, get injured or you and your AI-teammates get attacked by a Special Infected, because when you reach Chapter 5, you do the following...

3. While still in the Safe Room, at the beginning of Chapter 5, vote to go to the lobby and re-start "Dead Air, Chapter 5 (Finale). Now everything you have done so far (i.e. if you or teammates were attacked by Special Infected) is nullified.

4. Beat "Dead Air Finale"... and make sure no one gets hit by any Special Infected. This should be really easy, especially on easy difficulty, if you move slowly to the plane and once you start the rescue (i.e. fueling up the plane), go up the hill behind the plane. From there you have lots of space to see Special Infected coming. Boomers and Hunters should be no problem, you or your AI teammates (which are actually quite smart on easy) should take them out as soon as you see them. Watch out for Smokers... it doesn't count when they pull someone in for the first couple of seconds, so if they grab any of you, just make sure you kill them right away. When the tank comes (listen to the music!)... there will be two during the finale... run down the hill and towards the plane, as close to the plane as you can. Usually the tank stays on the other side and you can easily kill him by crouching and shooting *under* the plane. This will make sure the tank cannot hit any of the survivors either, and he won't throw objects at you.

5. After the second tank, save a pibe bomb for the final horde and use it when the plane is ready. Wait a few seconds for the cargo ramp of the plane to open... throw the pipe bomb, hop on the plane, watch the credits and see your achievement unlock. :)

The reason I think "Dead Air Finale" is easiest for this is because there are usually no Special Infected on the way from the Safe Room to the rescue point.

Notes:

- The tank doesn't always stay on the other side of the plane (but does so in like 9 out of 10 times). If he does, try not to get hit or reload the finale.

- You can do this with other people, might make it easier actually (and more fun!), since you can tell your friends to throw pipe bombs. Just make sure you ALL go back to the lobby before starting up the Finale. However, damage taken by regular infected does not count against "Nothing Special", so pipe bombs are not as essential, unless you're going for "Untouchables" as well. So yes, you can get hit... just not by Special Infected.

- You have to run through the first four chapters before that or it won't count. You cannot just load up the Finale... at least not for those "in a campaign" achievements.

Hope this helps!

Edit: Apparently there's even an easier way to get this if you have the "Crash Course" DLC... Since I already had "Nothing Special" when the DLC came out I didn't bother though. ;)

Edited by MFK1138

Using the glitch is lame I think because this is an easy achievement to unlock, if you want the achievement without cheating then I have some tips.

It doesn't take long, if you've been playing Left 4 Dead a lot in the past and your just after 100% completion then you'll have enough skills to be able to manage it easy in about 30 minutes.

Start Single player on Blood Harvest on Easy and pick either Bill or Louis, turn on close captioning.

The parameters are that you can get smokered but you have to be saved before you take damage, you can get pounced but you have to be saved before it starts to claw at you, and you can be boomered but you can't take damage from infected.

Rush through the levels with an auto shotgun, bots will keep up if your striking the right balance between moving quick and keeping your bots close enough.

When you see a tank pound it from a fair distance, not too much but enough to hammer it with auto-shotgun blasts. Be aware of your surroundings.

Once you get to the finale, which should take you only 20 minutes on easy, less even, work your way to the farmhouse and camp at the barricaded part of the fence, from which the APC crashes through at the end, this is a good spot. Their is a video of it on youtube, facing away from the barricade watch your left because smokers always come from here as well as hunters mostly.

Once tank comes move upwards and take it down, then return to the barricade, and fight off the horde attack. Once you kill the second tank just run for the APC and there you go, achievment unlocked without cheating.

Using the glitch is lame I think because this is an easy achievement to unlock, if you want the achievement without cheating then I have some tips.

Is that not one of the most irksome and pompous statements thrown around on here, or what? It just never gets old I guess.

Yes, there are the "don't glitch or boost" purists, but this is a community designed to help get cheevos in the most direct and least frustrating way...damn. :rant:

Is that not one of the most irksome and pompous statements thrown around on here, or what? It just never gets old I guess.

Yes, there are the "don't glitch or boost" purists, but this is a community designed to help get cheevos in the most direct and least frustrating way...damn. :rant:

I don't think so....

I specifically wrote "Using the glitch is lame I think".

I didn't write "Using the glitch is lame", I wrote that I think it is lame, it is my opinion.

I completed this achievement three days ago which was my second last to get from Left 4 Dead, expert blood harvest I achieved two days ago.

I wrote down in this forum tips I worked out and strategies for both achievements, the two hardest ones to get according to the stats.

I didn't just come here and state an opinion as a fact, like you have implied that I have done, I came here and gave my opinion and then gave tips about how to get the achievement legitimately.

So if your thinking of starting a 'flame war' or whatever its called nowadays then go start it elsewhere and if you can't contribute to helping people attain the achievement, which I have done, then why bother posting to start a flame war and put a little angry emoticon afterwards.