sniping

challinko

• 2 weeks later...
What do you need to go prone for? Kneeling completely hides you in a bush.

doesn't matter, prone is the most legit army firing position, to not have it just sucks any type of reality the game has in it, at the same time lessening tactical manueverability, not all bushes conceal and not all cover is knee high.

Don't understand how you could have a Battlefield game without prone?

BC1 works just fine with it so why remove it for BC2?

Bad Company did not have prone my friend. Played with some diehard Battlefield PC gamers on Bad Company. I asked them about going prone then. They heard, prone was removed to avoid the Dolphin jump: Jump and then go prone and then rinse and repeat, guess it was annoying on the PC, gamers looked like dolphins jumping around on the battlefield to avoid getting shot.They hated it it. But, you can never really trust what you hear online, even though one of the guys was one of my former students. Good one at that.

Still it's not a big deal really, this isnt COD, the maps are "friggin huge guy theory" big. Keep um in line Joe x360. "Man up!"

Good times-

• 3 weeks later...

You can't go prone, which I thought was silly but after playing the demo as a sniper for 2 hours, I fell back in love with Bad Company and I can not wait for this title!

I love the first and I love the demo for the second. I just hope the story is good and the Veteran Ranks lead on over from the first title.

I still can't add Battlefield 1943 to my Veteran Rank >:l

Also, one of my fav moments in the Demo sniping is...

I was defending right at the back, with my sniper rifle. 2 guys on a quad bike head my way. I go to shoot the bike but it turns left quickly and I clipped the back of the Quad. The Quad blows up! both bodies fly forward and up in the air and the burning vehicle does a cork screw in the air before crashing into the water.

Epic Win!

you guys are mad prone is not in the game because you have no scope movement so who gives a fuck plus yes on bf2 you could take out a whole server Dolphin jumping although it did take a nice amount off skill to keep doing it.i think dice just thort if we let em go prone you gonna get people that are going to sit 3mile away and no one will be able to see them gliching threw bushes and the crouch is enough so the snipers are happy as well as everyone else

the dolphin jumping is a crock of shit excuse, its all in how they program the game, it can be stopped.
I think it's a perfectly valid reason, honestly. It's the number one thing I hate in Modern Warfare 2. It looks ridiculous for people to jump and immediately go prone, and annoyingly it actually works really well if you don't have a 1-shot kill lined up.

BF isn't a prone game
Really? You're an idiot. Prone has been in EVERY BF game.

Fans of going prone in shooters, shuffling along the dirt to gain a strategic advantage on their adversaries, look away now.
Announcing his aversion to the ability on Twitter (where else?), Battlefield: Bad Company 2 lead designer David Goldfarb is not a fan of the move.

Fyi we will not add prone based on anything. You can stop asking now. http://www.thesixthaxis.com/wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif

Of course you can crawl on your belly in MAG, if you still feel the urge.

Some people are saying the prone feature will not be supported in Battlefield: Bad Company 2 as it “slows down the game.” There are others, however, who feel its omission is due to the phenomenon of “Dolphin Diving” found in Battlefield 2. No, I had never heard of it either. Until now.

Why the hell do you want to prone for? It's not fun when you prone and the point of this is that it's BATTLEFIELD! Not Modern Wargay 2. I don't think there should be proning in this game. It would unbalance the game completely.

You are smaller target, and harder to see while prone. Also your accuracy is better while prone. Why do you think that shooting while moving, or from hip doesn't work in real life, and people shoot from prone position.