From a HUGE baseball fan. Don't support this garbage game.

Just blowing off steam about this game to dissuade fellow gamers from supporting this shovel-ware.

First off The Show series for Playstation is superior in every way imaginable. I understand that Baseball isn't the most popular sport, but I will be making sure that The Show is coming to the next Xbox or I'm switching to Sony's next system.

The following beefs apply to MLB 2k13 because the good folks at 2K Games did us the favor of updating the rosters and music while leaving the horribly buggy craptastic game exactly the same. They didn't even update the player photos to reflect team changes... All for $59.99.

My beefs with MLB 2K12:

1. Horribly broken MLB Today game-killing error that lasted for months: When you would start the game up, the game would go through its initial loadings and freeze. This occurred whenever an MLB game was not being played on the day you were attempting to play the game when connected to Xbox Live. It took them like 3 months to get around to fixing this. That's entirely too long to wait for a game to be playable as it was intended.

2. Only 50 created players allowed: How awesome would it be to edit every team to include all-time greats from each franchise? Too bad there's a 50 player cap and existing players are not able to be edited much beyond their existing attributes. The Show has a limit as well but you can edit players completely creating as many "new" players as you like. To me this is inexcusable as the only limit should be my hard drive space.

3. Glitched Achievements: Playing through My Player mode I was careful to read all emails as there is a known glitch that makes Achievements unattainable if you get too many unread in-box messages. Doesn't matter. In my third season (tons of playtime) I noticed that my To The Top Achievement didn't pop. I tried being traded, clearing my cache, erasing all files/settings besides my player, etc. Still won't pop. On top of that I went to boost the "Steal a base with a pitcher" Achievement and that won't pop now.

Don't buy this game. The laziness shown by 2K does not deserve your hard-earned dollars. They should be punished with horrible sales and hopefully whoever makes the decisions regarding the franchise is replaced or re-evaluates the direction the game is going.

Just blowing off steam about this game to dissuade fellow gamers from supporting this shovel-ware.

First off The Show series for Playstation is superior in every way imaginable. I understand that Baseball isn't the most popular sport, but I will be making sure that The Show is coming to the next Xbox or I'm switching to Sony's next system.

The following beefs apply to MLB 2k13 because the good folks at 2K Games did us the favor of updating the rosters and music while leaving the horribly buggy craptastic game exactly the same. They didn't even update the player photos to reflect team changes... All for $59.99.

My beefs with MLB 2K12:

1. Horribly broken MLB Today game-killing error that lasted for months: When you would start the game up, the game would go through its initial loadings and freeze. This occurred whenever an MLB game was not being played on the day you were attempting to play the game when connected to Xbox Live. It took them like 3 months to get around to fixing this. That's entirely too long to wait for a game to be playable as it was intended.

2. Only 50 created players allowed: How awesome would it be to edit every team to include all-time greats from each franchise? Too bad there's a 50 player cap and existing players are not able to be edited much beyond their existing attributes. The Show has a limit as well but you can edit players completely creating as many "new" players as you like. To me this is inexcusable as the only limit should be my hard drive space.

3. Glitched Achievements: Playing through My Player mode I was careful to read all emails as there is a known glitch that makes Achievements unattainable if you get too many unread in-box messages. Doesn't matter. In my third season (tons of playtime) I noticed that my To The Top Achievement didn't pop. I tried being traded, clearing my cache, erasing all files/settings besides my player, etc. Still won't pop. On top of that I went to boost the "Steal a base with a pitcher" Achievement and that won't pop now.

Don't buy this game. The laziness shown by 2K does not deserve your hard-earned dollars. They should be punished with horrible sales and hopefully whoever makes the decisions regarding the franchise is replaced or re-evaluates the direction the game is going.

Ahmen, save your money folks.

Thanks for the heads up..I am getting excited about the 2013 season with it about to start and thougth about picking up my first baseball video game..since I also own a PS3, looks like I will go with the show!

..so you swayed at least one person!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

It's not a great game, and 2K Sports kept their license last minute. I agree The Show on PS is 100x better, but it's an exclusive license to Sony that I don't see them giving up any time soon. Maybe it's time for EA to get back into the baseball genre here. It works for me. Gives me my baseball fix and helps pass the time, but I don't think I'm going to be playing it hours on end to unlock all achievements. Just here and there for fun.

• 2 weeks later...

It's on sale for $9.99 for digital download, which is about what it's worth in my opinion, so I picked it up.

I've bought every 2K baseball game, this is the first one I didn't get at launch. They're pretty mediocre at best, but I love baseball games that much.

MVP Baseball 05, still the best baseball game ever.