Ribbon Guide

Xenolith666

Here's a ribbon guide: some are self explanatory, some aren't.

Most of this info is taken from: http://www.ign.com/wikis/battlefield-3/Ribbons

A full list of weapons and vehicles can be found here: http://battlefield.wikia.com/wiki/Battlefield_3

Ribbons

Ribbons are special awards that are given for accomplishing a task in a game. You can easily earn several ribbons in one match, sometimes even the same ribbon multiple times. Along with the ribbon, you are given an XP Bonus.

Weapons

Assault Rifle Ribbon (200 XP)

In a round, kill 7 enemies with Assault Rifles

Play as the Assault class. Here's a list of the Assault Rifles.

M16A3 - M16A4 - AK-74M - M416 - AEK-971 - F2000 - AN-94 - G3A3 - KH2002 - L85 (BtK) - FAMAS (BtK)

Light Machine Gun Ribbon (200 XP)

In a round, kill 7 enemies with Light Machine Guns

Play as the Support class. Here's a list of the LMG's.

M27 IAR - RPK-74M - M249 - PKP Pecheneg - M240B - M60E4 - Type 88 LMG - MG36 (BtK) - Type 95 (BtK)

Carbine Ribbon (200 XP)

In a round, kill 7 enemies with Carbines

Play as the Engineer class. Here's a list of the Carbine weapons.

M4A1 - M4 - AKS-74u - SCAR-H - A-91 - G36C - SG553 - Type 97 (BtK)

Sniper Rifle Ribbon (200 XP)

In a round, kill 7 enemies with Sniper Rifles

Play as the Recon class. Here's a list of the Sniper Rifles.

SV-98 - M40A5 - M98B - M82A3 - L96A1 (BtK) - Type 88 (BtK)

Acquiring the 4 above ribbons nets you this achievement.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/1364/UPg7VhA=.jpgInfantry Efficiency - 30 cMWqi33vd7VoXoMu7e1Xn2EfK_ueAvgwtQiAN427ezJCvmIfgkSxCGNh32eJVZ7y8BXaAB8gKUGZT86ECVCUW02MrjVUDR4Kc_321K6VRTo2O0XAG1c

Obtain all 4 weapon efficiency ribbons

Hand Gun Ribbon (200 XP)

In a round, kill 4 enemies with Handguns

4 Kills with any handgun.. use tactical light to help blind enemies.

PDW Ribbon (200 XP)

In a round, kill 7 enemies with Personal Defense Arms

Personal defense arms are basically guns you unlock as you level up that can be used for any class.

Here's a list of the weapons that can be used to acquire the PDW Ribbon:

* PP-2000 - Unlocked at Rank 7

* UMP-45 - Unlocked at Rank 16

* PDW-R - Unlocked at Rank 32

* P90 - Unlocked at Rank 40

* AS Val - Unlocked at Rank 45

* MP7 - Unlocked at 189,000 coop score

* MP5 - Unlocked with Back to Karkand DLC

* PP-19 - Unlocked with Back to Karkand DLC

Shotgun Ribbon (200 XP)

In a round, kill 7 enemies with Shotguns

The Shotgun is the first 'classless' gun you unlock (at Rank 1), get 7 kills with it. Here's a list of Shotguns.

870MCS - M1014 - Saiga 12K - DAO-12 - USAS-12 - Jackhammer (BtK)

Melee Ribbon (200 XP)

In a round, kill 4 enemies with melee weapons

Get close and personal and knife 4 enemies in a round with RB.

Other Ribbons

Avenger Ribbon (200 XP)

In a round, do 2 avenger kills

Avenger kills constitutes when you kill an enemy that just downed a teammate.

Savior Ribbon (200 XP)

In a round, do 2 savior kills

For Savior, kill an enemy that is trying to kill a teammate.

Nemesis Ribbons (200 XP)

In a round, do 2 Nemesis kills

The description of the ribbon is misleading; Confirmed: if you kill 2 separate people 5 times each in a match, you will receive the Nemesis Ribbon. An alternative method is to kill the same person 7 times. You can also get this through the 'Nemesis Boosting' method where you are just killing one person numerous times.

Accuracy Ribbon (200 XP)

In a round, get 5 headshots.

Aim for the head!

Suppression Ribbon (200 XP) *Updated*

In a round, get 4 Suppression Assists.

It will specifically say you've received a 'Suppression Assist' which is 50xp points. For me personally, I'd be firing at an enemy hitting him, then he'd move; I'd still be firing around him which causes his health to stop regenerating (causing the hazy screen) and then a teammate would finish him off. There's no easy way to explain it. You lay down suppressive fire to distract and disorient the enemy and then a teammate kills him; that's a Suppression assist.

You do get a 'Perk' at Rank 17 called Suppressor which "gives the soldier's rounds a greater suppressive effect on his target". Also, use LMG's as they have more bullets per clip.

Anti Explosives Ribbons (200 XP) *Updated*

In a round, destroy 3 enemy explosives

Enemy explosives would be C4 or Anti Tank mines. In a level with lots of vehicles/tanks you can destroy these if someone has planted them on the road. They are clearly marked on your mini-map.

Squad Spawn Ribbon (200 XP)

In a round, get 7 squad spawn bonuses

When a squadmate spawns on you, you get a bonus, when your squad spawns on you 7 times you get the ribbon. You can get this easier using the Mobile Spawn Point that the Recon class uses, just plant it in a strategic area away from enemies and your squadmates can spawn on that as well.

Streaks

Squad Wipe Ribbon (200 XP)

In a round, do 2 squad wipe bonuses.

You must kill the last remaining person in a 4 man squad twice in a round. So if 3 people in a 4 man squad were just killed and are in the act of respawning, kill the last member of that squad to receive the bonus. This can be done in any game mode, but is probably best attempted on Squad Rush.

Combat Efficiency Ribbon (500 XP)

In a round, get 3 streak bonuses.

A streak bonus is getting a certain number of kills in a row without dying. Confirmed: You must get 8 kills in a row to receive the ribbon. This may be the one ribbon that (for most) would need to be boosted in a Squad Rush game.

Here's a link to the achievement trading thread: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=337918

Here's an excellent video which shows killstreaks and nemesis: Thanx to Intimidate xX for letting me use it! [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyLkQ9nJ-3c&feature=channel_video_title]Battlefield 3 Multiplayer Gameplay 46-5 Rush Damavand Peak - YouTube[/ame]

Kits

Medical Efficiency Ribbon (200 XP)

In a round, do 5 revives

Hang with your squad as the Assault class, and do 5 revives with the defibrilllator (which is unlocked after 4000 xp in the Assault class)

Resupply Efficiency Ribbon (200 XP)

In a round, do 7 resupplies

As the support class, distribute ammo to teammates and they pick up ammo, do 7 resupplies, not 7 ammo drops.

Maintenance Efficiency Ribbon (200 XP)

In a round, do 7 repairs

Simply repair a vehicle 7 times with the Repair Tool as the Engineer class. There's also a neat trick if you have the EOD Bot as the Eng. class (unlocks at 25000xp). Must be done in Hardcore mode! Deploy the EOD in a safe area, then suicide (the EOD bot does not despawn) and equip the repair tool; return to the bot and then shoot the EOD bot a couple times (3-4 max) and then repair it, you can do this infinitely and gain 30k+ experience. Best done in Conquest in your home base.

Surveillance Efficiency Ribbon(200 XP)

In a round, get 5 motion Sensor Assists.

This ribbon has been updated in a recent patch; the MAV is no longer required.

You can now use the recon class and throw down the T-UGS in a populated area (preferably near an M-Com station while on defense) to get motion sensor assists.

Acquiring the 4 above ribbons will net you this achievement.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/1364/UPiRlsM=.jpgSupport Efficiency - 30 cMWqi33vd7VoXoMu7e1Xn2EfK_ueAvgwtQiAN427ezJCvmIfgkSxCGNh32eJVZ7y8BXaAB8gKUGZT86ECVCUW02MrjVUDR4Kc_321K6VRTo2O0XAG1c

Obtain all 4 support efficiency ribbons

Edited by Xenolith666

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vehicles

All maps except "Operation Metro" have a vehicle of some sort.

Anti Vehicle Ribbon (200 XP)

In a round, destroy 3 enemy vehicles

Play as Engineer class and use Rocket Launchers or Anti-Tank mines to first disable, then destroy vehicles. Otherwise use Tanks.

Disable Vehicle Ribbon (200 XP)

In a round, disable 4 enemy vehicles

See above; you get points for disabling a vehicle first, then destroy it. A relatively easy way to do this ribbon is play as Engineer, equip Stinger Missiles (extra explosives perk helps too), play on Kharg Island and run into the mountains; then just take shots at Jets and Helicopters.

Stationary Emplacement Ribbon (200 XP)

In a round, kill 2 enemies with emplaced weapons

Get two kills with emplaced weapons like the Kornet Launcher, TOW Launcher and Centurion C-Ram. You can also use the Pantsir-S1 on Kharg Island to shoot down aircraft. Emplaced weapons are on most maps except Metro. The best place to get this ribbon is Tehran Highway; if defending (play Rush) Kornet Launchers are all over the map. 4 within the first 2 stages of defense.

Air Warfare Ribbon (200 XP) *Updated*

In a round, kill 5 enemies with air vehicles

5 kills in any Helicopter or Jet in a round. There's some good info on flying the Jet in this thread: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=338188

There are some Tutorial videos on youtube.com by The Red Dragon for Helicopters and Jets; here's a link to his page: http://www.youtube.com/user/TWTHEREDDRAGON

In the game you can review the controls for the heli's and jets.

If you can't fly, the only other strategy is to jump in a chopper with a good pilot and be a gunner, the Viper or Havoc attack helicopters especially.

You can 'practice' the helicopter in the 2nd level of the Co-op campaign, but you'll need a friend to sit in the gunner seat. That's currently the only way to practice without consequences to your team online.

Maps with Helicopters: Caspian Border, Operation Firestorm, Damavand Peak, Kharg Island, Noshahr Canals

Maps with Jets: Caspian Border, Kharg Island, Operation Firestorm

**Important** Being a gunner in the Venom or Kasatka choppers only goes towards the Transport Warfare Ribbon. You must use the attack choppers which are the Viper or Havoc.

Transport Warfare Ribbon (200 XP)

In a round, kill 4 enemies with transport vehicles

Transport vehicles are the Growler, Buggy, Amtrak, Hummer, and Vodnik type vehicles. More for transporting troops than firefights. Oddly enough you can also get Transport kills in two of the 'transport' choppers as a gunner (gatling gun); they are the Venom and the Kasatka. (They don't count towards Air Warfare)

Armored Warfare Ribbon (200 XP)

In a round, kill 7 enemies with land vehicles

Any tank will do, like the Abrams, T-90, T-72 and the BMP-2M. A lot of the bigger maps have tanks. I personally got my ribbon with the BMP-2M in a Squad Deathmatch on Siene Crossing.

Acquiring the 3 "Warfare" vehicle ribbons will net you this achievement.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/1364/UPoaX6U=.jpgVehicle Warfare - 30 cMWqi33vd7VoXoMu7e1Xn2EfK_ueAvgwtQiAN427ezJCvmIfgkSxCGNh32eJVZ7y8BXaAB8gKUGZT86ECVCUW02MrjVUDR4Kc_321K6VRTo2O0XAG1c

Obtain all 3 vehicle warfare ribbons

MVP

Ace Squad Ribbon (500 XP)

In a round, be part of the best squad

Your squad is made up of 4 people, have the best average points for all 4 players and receive the pin.

MVP Ribbon (500 XP)

In a round, be the best player

Finish with the highest points.

MVP 2 Ribbon (400 XP)

In a round, be the 2nd best player

Finish with the 2nd highest points overall.

MVP 3 Ribbon (300 XP)

In a round, be the 3rd best player

Finish with 3rd highest points overall.

If you are having trouble with these, play Squad Rush, as it's only 8 players which increases your chances of getting these ribbons. And to clarify, it's highest points overall, so you could finish 3rd on your team, but someone on the other team could have higher points which would make them 3rd overall, regardless of who wins. There are achievements linked to all 3 MVP ribbons.

Game Modes

M-COM Attacker Ribbon (200 XP) *Updated*

In a round, blow up 2 M-COM Stations

Play Rush as attackers and activate 2 M-Com stations in a round. The best maps for the M-Com attacker ribbon are Operation Metro and Siene Crossing as they both have 8 M-Coms. For Operation Metro, the easiest M-Coms to attack are B-B-A-A. For Siene Crossing the easiest M-Coms to attack are B-B-A-B.

M-COM Defender Ribbon (200 XP) *Updated*

In a round, defend 2 M-COM Stations

Play Rush as a Defender. You need to kill an enemy as they are arming the bomb on the M-Com station. Doing that will for sure get you the Defender bonus. Just camp an M-Com station and hope some enemies come by, but wait for them to be in the act of arming the bomb before you wax them! Obviously use any weapons at your disposal, planting C4 is a good method as well. This can be done on any station, doesn't have to be 2 defends on 1 station. Operation Metro and Siene Crossing both have 8 M-Coms to defend. **This is easily boosted in a Squad Rush game of 8 players.**

Flag Defender Ribbon (200 XP)

In a round, do 5 flag defends

Play Conquest, once you capture a flag/area, defend that area from enemies: kill 5 of them.

Flag Attacker Ribbon (200 XP)

In a round, do 4 flag captures

Play Conquest; it's hard not to do this in a game, as they generally last a long time. Just get close to a flag; if it is captured already, the enemy flag will lower and your team flag will go up. You'll know when you capture the flag as you get 250xp points.

All 'game' ribbons are self-explanatory; just play and win one of each game type.

Squad Rush Ribbon (200 XP)

Finish a Squad Rush round

Squad Deathmatch Ribbon (200 XP)

Finish a Squad Deathmatch round

Rush Ribbon (200 XP)

Finish a Rush round

Conquest Ribbon (200 XP)

Finish a Conquest Round

Team Deathmatch Ribbon (200 XP)

Finish a Team Deathmatch round

Squad Deathmatch Winner Ribbon (500 XP)

Win a Squad Deathmatch round

Squad Rush Winner Ribbon (500 XP)

Win a Squad Rush Round

Rush Winner Ribbon (500 XP)

Win a Rush round

Conquest Winner Ribbon (500 XP)

Win a Conquest round

TDM Winner Ribbon (500 XP)

Win a Team Deathmatch round

Hope it helps!

Thanx to CGPsaint for the useful information!

Edited by Xenolith666

PDW Ribbon (200 XP)

In a round, kill 7 enemies with Personal Defense Arms

Personal defense arms are basically guns you unlock as you level up that can be used for any class. Example: the PP-2000 is a PDA. (1)

Nemesis Ribbons (200 XP)

(Need more info) (2)

Suppression Ribbon (200 XP)

In a round, get 7 Suppression Assists.

(need more info) (3)

Combat Efficiency Ribbon (500 XP)

In a round, get 3 streak bonuses.

(need more info) (4)

Medical Efficiency Ribbon (200 XP)

In a round, do 5 revives

Hang with your squad as the Assault class, and do 5 revives with the defibulator (5) (which is unlocked after 4000 xp in the Assault class)

(1) PDA should be PDW.

(2) If I'm not mistaken, your nemesis is the person who has killed you the most in a given round. Killing that person twice while they are still your nemesis nets you the ribbon.

(3) You get a suppression bonus whenever someone kills an enemy that you have suppressed with gunfire. In other words, if an enemy screen is fuzzy from your incoming fire and one of your teammates kills that enemy, you will get the suppression assist. Do this 7 times and voila! I find that it's easier to get suppression assists with LMGs seeing as how you can consistently suppress an enemy position. (I have however gotten suppression assists from just about all weapons including sniper rifles and handguns.)

(4) I'm not 100% sure of all of the streaks possible, but I know that getting a certain number of kills (7?) in a row nets you this ribbon.

(5) Defibulator should be Defibrillator.

Overall, nice job and hopefully we can continue to add to this to make it clearer for everyone.

(1) PDA should be PDW.

(2) If I'm not mistaken, your nemesis is the person who has killed you the most in a given round. Killing that person twice while they are still your nemesis nets you the ribbon.

(3) You get a suppression bonus whenever someone kills an enemy that you have suppressed with gunfire. In other words, if an enemy screen is fuzzy from your incoming fire and one of your teammates kills that enemy, you will get the suppression assist. Do this 7 times and voila! I find that it's easier to get suppression assists with LMGs seeing as how you can consistently suppress an enemy position. (I have however gotten suppression assists from just about all weapons including sniper rifles and handguns.)

(4) I'm not 100% sure of all of the streaks possible, but I know that getting a certain number of kills (7?) in a row nets you this ribbon.

(5) Defibulator should be Defibrillator.

Overall, nice job and hopefully we can continue to add to this to make it clearer for everyone.

Ok very good info.. I've gotten the supression assist ribbon, but wasn't sure how to explain it. Wasn't clear on how many times you need to be killed by 1 person to make them your nemesis. And no where does it say how many kills in a row you need.. hopefully 7 is it. Thanx!

i think the m-com defender information is incorrect. i killed a couple people that were about five feet away from the m-com station and did not get any bonuses. i killed one guy who was running away from it, after planting the charge, and got the bonus. so this one is going to be quite hard to get.

noted, and updated

1.) Learn how to fly properly.

2.) Level them up so that you can gain access to the unlocks and then you will find it much easier to get kills. Heat Seeking Missiles, Guided Missiles and Guided Rockets are bound to make it easier to get kills.

Is there somewhere a list with "which helicopter is on which map" so we can go for the ones with seats for chopper gunners?

Edited by head0r Inc

i think the m-com defender information is incorrect. i killed a couple people that were about five feet away from the m-com station and did not get any bonuses. i killed one guy who was running away from it, after planting the charge, and got the bonus. so this one is going to be quite hard to get.

I've had the opposite, last night i killed a player as he approached the MCOM and recieved the bonus. Yet at the very next area i killed a player as they had armed the charge and were running from the MCOM and no bonus.

I don't know if it has something to do with your position, because when i received the bonus the first time i was only a few feet away yet the second time i was on a rooftop on the oposite side of the street????

Nemesis Ribbons (200 XP)

Your nemesis is someone that has killed you 5 times (you can see the 'Me vs Foe' on the kill cam) Once that person is your nemesis, kill them twice.

I got that ribbon tonight in a round in which I went 27-4, so since no one could've been my nemesis I don't think that's right.

My guess is that it's either kill someone 5 times to make you their nemesis, then kill them 2 more times OR kill two different people 5 times each, making you nemesis to them both. The second seems a lot more likely to me, but I can't say for sure.

Edited by Mabro

I've been consistently getting the Combat Efficiency Ribbon whenever I get an 8 kill streak (like in Bad Company 2). I just finished a game with 9 kills and got the ribbon. Maybe there are lower streaks (so if you get a kill streak of 4 on 3 separate occasions in a round). Maybe it's glitched or they intended it to be an 8 kill streak like in previous games and just fucked up the description.

Also, the nemesis award in previous games was when you became someone's nemesis and the payback award was for when you killed your own nemesis. Like marbo, I have gotten a nemesis ribbon when i hadn't died enough for someone to be my nemesis

Edited by cerberus xii

Awesome guide thanks.

Any idea on what actually counts as a repair? At what point of repairing does it actually register? I generally play as an engineer mostly and repair anything our team uses as much as I can, but battlelog still shows me as having 0 repairs. :(

For a repair using the repair tool, just walk up to a damaged vehicle that a teammate is in and hit RT. You will get 20xp points per repair, you'll see it on the screen.

I've updated the Defender Ribbon a bit as I played a bunch of Rush matches last night.

Mabro and Cerberus: Ok, well that's confusing since what you're saying contradicts the description of the ribbon. I'll add it to the guide though. Maybe it goes both ways.. if you become a nemesis to 2 people.. or if you suck at the game and died 5 times to 2 people.